The Location Thread

ctang

I wouldn't say they 'lied' as such, plans are only plans, they don't always come to fruition and I'm sure at the time they did mean for it to go ahead...

That said, I do think it's a shame they seem to have put the idea to rest now. From what I understand H&A the only non-american soap that doesn't have a purpose built exterior set/ plot of land to use how and when they want.

If they rebuilt the Summer Bay House and caravan park (the sandy, non-council looking one!) it would bring so much back to the show. It's not like they'd be building the exterior for the sake of just one family either, the caravan park can (and used to) facilitate so many, aswell as serving as a general chatting ground. Would definitely be nice to not have every single deep and meaningful on that beach...

Edited by -Andrew-
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Are the sets modeled after the real life interiors of the houses they use? Or is it just random, because in the locations section of BTTB's main site, I read that the Pier Diner's set was modeled closely from the real one.

The Beach House (Irene's house) was modeled on the original outdoor location on the house that was used from the beginning up until the year 200, when they changed it (annoyingly). Now you never see the outside anyway, unless it's an old stock shot of the house they started using in 2000/2001. They should just go and film some new stock shots at the original beach house.

Summer Bay House - modeled loosely on the real house that they used up until 2003.

In fact, pretty much all of the sets that were used in the show for the first 12-15 years were modeled on the outdoor locations but these days it seems random.

Edited by alexx

The Beach House (Irene's house) was modeled on the original outdoor location on the house that was used from the beginning up until the year 200, when they changed it (annoyingly). Now you never see the outside anyway, unless it's an old stock shot of the house they started using in 2000/2001. They should just go and film some new stock shots at the original beach house.

Summer Bay House - modeled loosely on the real house that they used up until 2003.

In fact, pretty much all of the sets that were used in the show for the first 12-15 years were modeled on the outdoor locations but these days it seems random.

As I understood this question is whenever there are interiors in real life that look like the sets we know, because as you can see in location thread the actual inside of the beach house is quite different from the one seen in the show. And Summer Bay house doesn't exactly match the real house that was destroyed in 2002 only 1 wall.

The original H&A theme tune was apparently frecorded at Albert Studios in Cremorne. A 1988 closing credits of a H&A episode said this. I think I could see the area from the top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge when I did the Bridge Climb in 2007. Once I saw the end credits I researched to find where the studios was and they had moved from Central Sydney to Cremorne in 1986.

In episode 592 a fountain appeared in the episode as Alf and Ailsa were up the city looking for Blake and Karen and I managed to find out the name of the fountain seen in that episode in Kings Cross, the El Alamein Fountain.

• 2 weeks later...

We know from when Sally and Flynn moved - the Jesse & Flynn jogging scene - that the Caravan Park is to the right of the Surf Club as you look at it from the beach (towards the lighthouse) whilst the Braxton/Palmer houses are to the left, as is Leah's. Given that the kids who lived at the Caravan Park and Beach house used to stop by each others houses before school they must be on the same side of town.

The school should be somewhere in the middle given that everyone seems to have reason to stop by the Surf Club/Diner on the way to school, but we know from the aerial shots now that just isn't possible.

• 4 months later...