The Location Thread

ctang

As promised, Fisher's first house has now been uploaded to the site. :)

Thank you :) That's funny that it appeared onscreen while the extension was being built and clearly unfinished!

I've always wondered what the interior of these houses look like compared to the sets. Most probably completely different. Summer Bay House especially - in a recent early years episode in an exterior scene we caught a glimpse through the side door but it was too brief to make anything out, even when paused.

I am sure, unless my memory deceives me, that the real house has/had a back door situated where the kitchen windows are in the interior set. I still remember the episode where we saw it - Damien was sneaking off on his bike to visit Shane in prison.

I am sure, unless my memory deceives me, that the real house has/had a back door situated where the kitchen windows are in the interior set. I still remember the episode where we saw it - Damien was sneaking off on his bike to visit Shane in prison.

Basically there's a central hallway that goes straight from the front door to a door at the rear of the house - in the interior set it would be where the linen cupboard is.

Basically there's a central hallway that goes straight from the front door to a door at the rear of the house - in the interior set it would be where the linen cupboard is.

Yeah that makes sense with what I remember seeing. Funny how certain things stick in your mind.

Nice update. Interesting how it almost looks exactly the same.

I've always been intrigued to find out what the real interiors look like too (though usually on Neighbours rather than H&A because we see them all the time).

Such as the Beach House - that was brilliant to see the inside, it is obvious that the set was based around the real life location. I always go on about it but I really wish they'd use that location again and actually feature it in the episodes every now and then like they used to. It's so picturesque and the windows match up etc, it would just create more realism.

Such as the Beach House - that was brilliant to see the inside, it is obvious that the set was based around the real life location. I always go on about it but I really wish they'd use that location again and actually feature it in the episodes every now and then like they used to. It's so picturesque and the windows match up etc, it would just create more realism.

I've just had a look at it now, and you're right. It does look so pretty and it's reminded me of stock shots I had forgotten about.

They hardly ever use stock shots on the houses now, if it all. Also, why do they sometimes decide not to use a particular location for a house any more and then try to pass it off as a different looking building? They did the same with the Caravan Park locations after the real life bushfire there.

^And Leah's place - the old Nash House. That stock shot/location has now been changed three times.

I just don't see the point in doing it. If they're not going to film outside the location anyway, why keep changing the stock shots? They could still be using old Beach House shots from the late 90's if they really couldn't be bothered going back to film there. But if they went back to using that location as a stock shot and had permission to use it not just for stock but on a more regular basis like the 90's, it could become iconic again.

Imagine filming really cinematic shots of the Beach House with the new filming techniques they use. And it is sitting right on a beach, its just perfect. They could have character get togethers in the front garden from time to time, sort of use it as a meeting point etc. Just having the character walk along the beach and then be seen to walk up to the house would be enough to create a decent sense of continuity. In the recent Early Years we've seen quite a fair bit of location stuff outside the house, it looks really nice.

Edited by alexx

• 1 month later...

^And Leah's place - the old Nash House. That stock shot/location has now been changed three times.

I just don't see the point in doing it. If they're not going to film outside the location anyway, why keep changing the stock shots? They could still be using old Beach House shots from the late 90's if they really couldn't be bothered going back to film there. But if they went back to using that location as a stock shot and had permission to use it not just for stock but on a more regular basis like the 90's, it could become iconic again.

Imagine filming really cinematic shots of the Beach House with the new filming techniques they use. And it is sitting right on a beach, its just perfect. They could have character get togethers in the front garden from time to time, sort of use it as a meeting point etc. Just having the character walk along the beach and then be seen to walk up to the house would be enough to create a decent sense of continuity. In the recent Early Years we've seen quite a fair bit of location stuff outside the house, it looks really nice.

One thing I keep trying to see is the old store in recent episodes, there's been a few shots from that beach, but filmed so as to not show what's there.