The Location Thread

ctang

Thankyou!

I was wondering if you could tell me where Liam & Bianca's love nest is? Is it Lane Cove National Park or somewhere else?

Narrabeen, nowhere near as remote as it looks.

Another location added to the site today - the home of Ruby's father Grant Bledcoe - and a small update to the 2003 location of The Sands Resort

Thankyou!

I was wondering if you could tell me where Liam & Bianca's love nest is? Is it Lane Cove National Park or somewhere else?

Narrabeen, nowhere near as remote as it looks.

Another location added to the site today - the home of Ruby's father Grant Bledcoe - and a small update to the 2003 location of The Sands Resort

Thanks dan!

Sid, Dex and Indi's home during their 2009 stint has now been added to the site.

That's the last from that area of Avalon for the time being, though typically we have found an 11th house there only a couple of days ago.

Still plenty more updates on the way however - nearly 60 in the current 'To Upload' list, stretching throughout the 23 years of the show.

Remember if you have interest in a particular location not already on the site, then please mention it in here - we can then let you know if it's awaiting upload and move it up the queue, or we can add it to our 'To Find' list :)

I'm sure these are probably already in your "To Find" list... Fisher's original house, Morag's mansion (Blaxland mansion), Alf's early 90s supermarket and then the smaller store, and I know it's no longer standing but would love some information on the real life location of Hogan's General Store, what it was in real life, why they knocked it down etc...

Also was Scott Hunter's short-lived boat shed really the same one that Michael owned in the 90s? Was this ever stated in the show? I always thought it was a different location.

Edited by beau_t

We do have both Fisher's House and Morag's City Mansion already photographed and awaiting upload, (her Blaxland Mansion is on the 'to photograph' list) along with some of the other early years houses - I'll start getting some of those up soon :) And we do indeed have both of Alf's stores in the 'To Find' list, but with not much to go on at this point in time. We do have the premises he currently owns in the early years already photographed though.

I'll try and doublecheck with the boatshed, I wasn't able to find a decent shot of the exterior of Scott's at the time of writing that page a few years back, but the surroundings were very similar. It's certainly the one used by Michael though.

Just to confirm, the boatshed is definitely the same one. However for the 2003 one they actually built another shed in the space to the left of the existing one, presumably so they could later show it burnt out.

It isn't easy to show with the absence of a wide exterior shot, but you can compare this shot from the site:

boatshed.jpg

With these two - you can see the corner of the house next door behind Alf and the metal canopy/flagpole - and a glimpse of the original building behind Josh

boatshed1.jpgboatshed2.jpg

I shall add the additional info to that page at a later date :wink:

Just to confirm, the boatshed is definitely the same one. However for the 2003 one they actually built another shed in the space to the left of the existing one, presumably so they could later show it burnt out.

It isn't easy to show with the absence of a wide exterior shot, but you can compare this shot from the site:

boatshed.jpg

With these two - you can see the corner of the house next door behind Alf and the metal canopy/flagpole - and a glimpse of the original building behind Josh

boatshed1.jpgboatshed2.jpg

I shall add the additional info to that page at a later date :wink:

That's very interesting, thanks! I'd always thought it was an entirely different place, maybe because the lack of an upstairs in Scott's boatshed just confirmed for me that it wasn't Michael's. How strange that it was built right next to the original. Rob must have been busy indoors during those 2003 scenes!

Edited by beau_t