The Location Thread

ctang

I know what you mean Jamie 2811. Does Leah live near the Diner, how far away is she from the Braxton's/Palmers'? Irene lives in the Beach House which kind of gives that location away, but where on the beach? Not so long back we get getting scenes where people walked form the beach and ended up in the caravan park, but we haven't seen that aspect for a while. Where is SBH, the hospital? The Emmerdale website shows where all the villagers live, where the factory is, that's all we need, not fantastic detail, just a general idea of who lives where, how far away it is from where they live.

Further to what I said about British soap Coronation Street rebuilding the whole street; it's been reported on British news that they spent 10 million pounds on the project. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't cost channel 7 that much for just building summer bay house. I've noticed on an Aussie property site that the rebuilt house at pinyaro valley has been up for rent in the past. It's not now but they could have snapped that opportunity up.

Yes the surf club is the same building on the outside we've always seen. They have just changed the inside set a few times. I've read somewhere in this forum in real life they are building an upstairs to the surf club. That's why we haven't had any shots of the outside recently. In home and away they jumped the gun and did a storyline where Angelo's was built upstairs. But the real life surf club hadn't got planning permission then. So the real life surf club has apparently got scaffolding up. If home and away hadn't had already built Angelo's then this could have been part of a storyline. It would be nice if anyone had any pics of how the north palm beach surf club looks now as its being extended.

I know what you mean Jamie 2811. Does Leah live near the Diner, how far away is she from the Braxton's/Palmers'? Irene lives in the Beach House which kind of gives that location away, but where on the beach? Not so long back we get getting scenes where people walked form the beach and ended up in the caravan park, but we haven't seen that aspect for a while. Where is SBH, the hospital? The Emmerdale website shows where all the villagers live, where the factory is, that's all we need, not fantastic detail, just a general idea of who lives where, how far away it is from where they live.

From the early years episodes I think the caravan park and SBH should be not far from the beach. In the original caravan park I remember seeing a wooden sign pointing to the beach. I agree now a days you can't always tell where things are meant to be.

The beach house was always along the beach. You used to see people walking to and from the beach to th house.

The hospital was always based in Yabbie Creek. I think it still is but not mentioned as much now. Characters pop to the city but we don't here much of them going into Yabbie Creek so much now.

On the plus side it's nice that the original location for St James church is being used again. They used it for Roo and Harvey's wedding and used it on another wedding recently. (Won't say who because it's a spoiler for us UK viewers and can't use the spoiler setting as I'm on mobile version of forum).

So hopefully we'll get some good locations in the future.

Yes the surf club is the same building on the outside we've always seen. They have just changed the inside set a few times. I've read somewhere in this forum in real life they are building an upstairs to the surf club. That's why we haven't had any shots of the outside recently. In home and away they jumped the gun and did a storyline where Angelo's was built upstairs. But the real life surf club hadn't got planning permission then. So the real life surf club has apparently got scaffolding up. If home and away hadn't had already built Angelo's then this could have been part of a storyline. It would be nice if anyone had any pics of how the north palm beach surf club looks now as its being extended.

e25f22c2024435e0073b3a42335fbc0e_zps64f5

This is how the extension is looking as of September. There is still plenty of scaffolding around but the upstairs level is well and truly up and close to being finished!