The Location Thread

ctang

Strictly speaking this thread is for the exterior locations, though can't recall offhand if one was ever created for general talk about the sets....will have a root around at some point.

Surprisingly the makeover at Irene's has seen the downstairs bedroom next to the front door disappear back into the parallel universe that it appeared from in the mid-90's. It admittedly never did make sense when they first introduced it, as they were still using the old exterior shots showing the small boatshed in that position, but it does seem odd to remove it after so long. I wonder if they'll remember that they've now got one less bedroom than the infinite number they had before....

There is another small structural change, which I'll be interested to see if anyone has spotted :wink:

Hmm the entrance of The Diner has changed with no apparent reason. Looks good from what I saw.

Going back to that one, for me that change did seem like a step back in the wrong direction. Having the doors open straight out onto an overlit backdrop of the parking area (which you could only catch a glimpse of anyway with the overexposure) seemed far more realistic - having the big trellis of greenery there just screams "this is a set and we're blocking the view out the window to disguise it".

I'm not sure why they'd want to put a large window in on that side of the set only for it to look out at a wall of greenery (which you wouldn't bother doing in reality). Speaking of reality, it also no longer matches the real-life entrance at Palm Beach.

• Like 2

Strictly speaking this thread is for the exterior locations, though can't recall offhand if one was ever created for general talk about the sets....will have a root around at some point.

Surprisingly the makeover at Irene's has seen the downstairs bedroom next to the front door disappear back into the parallel universe that it appeared from in the mid-90's. It admittedly never did make sense when they first introduced it, as they were still using the old exterior shots showing the small boatshed in that position, but it does seem odd to remove it after so long. I wonder if they'll remember that they've now got one less bedroom than the infinite number they had before....

There is another small structural change, which I'll be interested to see if anyone has spotted :wink:

They've removed the step up to the bedroom and bathroom, meaning they no longer have to raise the whole back part of the set.

They've removed the step up to the bedroom and bathroom, meaning they no longer have to raise the whole back part of the set.

That's the one :wink: Understandable, but I guess it did make the set that little bit more interesting and multi-level (even if it was only a few inches). :P

• Like 1

That's the one :wink: Understandable, but I guess it did make the set that little bit more interesting and multi-level (even if it was only a few inches). :P It did. Having seen the set with it gone I also wonder if it was there so you could see the people at the back of the set clearly when people were in front as Spencer was barely visible at times.

Removing the fourth bedroom door is also odd, they always need spares, but they've made it clear that there are only three now by having Spencer and Chris share.

Edited by c120701
  • Like 1

Surprisingly the makeover at Irene's has seen the downstairs bedroom next to the front door disappear back into the parallel universe that it appeared from in the mid-90's. It admittedly never did make sense when they first introduced it, as they were still using the old exterior shots showing the small boatshed in that position, but it does seem odd to remove it after so long. I wonder if they'll remember that they've now got one less bedroom than the infinite number they had before.

I actually didn't realise that the downstairs bedroom area next to the stairs disappeared into a 'vortex' after re-watching yesterday's episode again. Good observation.

I hate it when that happens though as it does ruin continuity in some aspect even though it's very subtle or unnoticeable to most viewers.

Each set has had the 'essence of the character' taken away and all now look like showrooms for a furniture store.

Haha they so do!!, especially Leah's house! Nothing looks used. Sigh

Absolutely! Leah's house just doesn't reflect who she is at all. Remember when her house was bright and she had that dining table in her little kitchen? You could believe that it was used on a daily basis and things were always lying around as they do in a real house. Everything is so perfectly placed now and doesn't represent the character at all. There's been no life in the writing for a good few years now and the sets have now succumbed to that.

Have they actually removed the door from the bottom of the stairs in the Beach House? Strange!! I remember when it first appeared with the set makeover in 1996, but it wasn't actually acknowledged as another room until years later IIRC.

Yup there's now a small dresser in it's place

6061_zps485f1ae8.jpg