The Location Thread

ctang

Looks great! It won't ever beat the original Summer Bay House but great effort by the props department to replicate the original house.

It's the real life rebuilt house, not a replica created by the props department.

Wow I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for correcting me!

Nevertheless it looks fantastic!

Looks great! It won't ever beat the original Summer Bay House but great effort by the props department to replicate the original house.

It's the real life rebuilt house, not a replica created by the props department.

Wow I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for correcting me!

Nevertheless it looks fantastic!

There is a pic of the newly rebuilt house on our Location page from a few years back - though fingers crossed there may be a lot more info/pics coming very soon, so watch this space....

• Like 1

I wonder why they would film new stock shots when there are already so many that were used years ago.

They can only use old ones for so long, it's been over 12 years. The one they did use of Summer Bay House always looked a bit out of place, given that it was upscaled from 4:3 SD footage.

At least using it now the new build has had a few years to settle in and for a bit of greenery to grow - it would have stood out like a sore thumb if they'd used it straight away. Though obviously the bushfire completely wiped out the old landscape so it won't ever look quite as lush as it used to, at least not for many many years.

Fantastic step in the right direction bringing back Summer Bay House! It's been looooooong overdue. Let's hope that they have started to use it as a regular location again and they have got some sort of contract organised to start filming there on a permanent basis, including the caravan park. Over the past twelve years the caravan park has looked like a huge bushland whereas the original caravan park felt like it was beach side and charming to reflect the small seaside town Summer Bay is supposed to be.

I know it's just a house on the face of it, but the fact that they have started filming there again genuinely is a draw card and has already made me want to tune back in to see if there are any other changes being made for the better.

Edited by alexx
  • Like 3

Let's hope that they have started to use it as a regular location again and they have got some sort of contract organised to start filming there on a permanent basis, including the caravan park. Over the past twelve years the caravan park has looked like a huge bushland whereas the original caravan park felt like it was beach side and charming to reflect the small seaside town Summer Bay is supposed to be.

Actually.... the Caravan Park is already back there. :wink:

It's been on-screen since at least October, I think the first scenes may have been when Gray turned up but don't quote me on it. However it's not in the same place as it was years ago (to the rear of the house). It's further down the hill before the driveway passes the front of the house and they're not visible to each other.

Now that the house is back on-screen they may make the link between them again, we'll wait and see :wink:

Now hopefully they can go back to the original beach house.

Sadly....

Picture%2024_zps2ngbibhv.png

Shame they didn't get in there in 2009 and do some stock shots before the new owner's paintjob (I don't think it's quite Reenie's style)...stranger things have happened though :wink:

That looks amazing but yes, definetly not to Irene's style though I could see a funny storyline where Chris gets the job of painting the house and ends up painting it the wrong colour, but the chances of Irene letting Christ paint the house...

I notice the change of location for the caravan park but had no idea it was on the same property as the house, that's fantastic though. My housemate thought I was crazy at the excitement over the new stock shot.

• Like 1