The Location Thread

ctang

Ailsa and Celia's. There's been a few scenes in 1989 and 90 on the beach across from it, but none to show the area where the building was. I wanted to see if it were still standing because as I've said the fire looked pretty realistic.

I don't think it's still standing, I remember mentioning it in another post and someone replied that it was actually situated just across from the pier diner and is now an empty plot.

Ailsa and Celia's. There's been a few scenes in 1989 and 90 on the beach across from it, but none to show the area where the building was. I wanted to see if it were still standing because as I've said the fire looked pretty realistic.

I don't think it's still standing, I remember mentioning it in another post and someone replied that it was actually situated just across from the pier diner and is now an empty plot.

I think what Ryan's wanting to know is when exactly the building disappeared, we've often wondered whether it was already due for demolition at the time of filming the fire, hence why they could have splashed out a bit on effects without worrying about damage. I've been putting quite a bit of research into trying to find out about the real life building so hopefully we'll know more about it one day.

"The City" in this episode was Sydney, wasn't it?

We saw the opera and the Harbour Bridge....

Yup, pretty much answered your own question there :P Funnily enough Morag's living only a couple of minutes down the road from where her city mansion was in the early years - though you can actually see 'Mangrove River Wharf' from her window :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

not sure if this is the right thread, but my mum is going to australia for a month in a couple of weeks and she's spending a week in sydney, she's a huge home and away fan, she has been watching it from the start in Ireland. Can anyone recommend the best tour she could take of palm beach?, I've seen a few advertised on the net.

Hi,

not sure if this is the right thread, but my mum is going to australia for a month in a couple of weeks and she's spending a week in sydney, she's a huge home and away fan, she has been watching it from the start in Ireland. Can anyone recommend the best tour she could take of palm beach?, I've seen a few advertised on the net.

She's better off just getting the L90 bus to Palm Beach and exploring it herself. If she goes Mon-Wed she might even spot them filming

• 1 year later...