The Location Thread

ctang

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know in the John Farnham episodes in Oct 1988 they did film a few shots at expo 88 in Brisbane but in Episode 182, 27 Sep 1988, Roo was chatting with a woman near a dock area, sat on a bench and we saw skyscrapers in the background. I cannot pin down that location if it was Brisbane or Sydney. I have had a quick look at photos of Brisbane and Sydney in the late 1980s online but cannot come across any obvious area.

I know in the John Farnham episodes in Oct 1988 they did film a few shots at expo 88 in Brisbane but in Episode 182, 27 Sep 1988, Roo was chatting with a woman near a dock area, sat on a bench and we saw skyscrapers in the background. I cannot pin down that location if it was Brisbane or Sydney. I have had a quick look at photos of Brisbane and Sydney in the late 1980s online but cannot come across any obvious area.

That was Melbourne, on the southbank between the King St and Queen St bridges.

It did seem a bit of a strange one, to go all the way there for that one scene. Perhaps Justine was already doing a publicity event or suchlike. Whilst there were 1-2 other scenes 'set' there, they could have been filmed anywhere.

Seven evidently had no knowledge of this when it came to writing the 25th anniversary book, and told the head writer I was mistaken. It wasn't until I provided a screencap that they believed it happened (as opposed to the first Melbourne shoot being the much heralded 2009 one).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I see Irene's house has had a bit of makeover new kitchen, paint job & furniture. Not sure I'm liking the colour atm. I'm sure I'll get use to it soon. But I liked the white and blue beachy theme more.

I must admit I thought the look of Irene's new kitchen was bland to be honest from what I saw from today's episode.

I'm sure I'll grow to like it however.