The Location Thread

ctang

Thanks - nice to see what the Stewart house looks like now!

By the way, from the look of the 1989 opening credits, it seems the big extention was already built on the house which may explain why they stopped showing exterior scenes there (except on a very rare occasion) after 1988.

It may also be worth mentioning (and posting a screencap if you have one) that a replica of the exterior of the house was built for the mudslide episodes. It would be good to compare the replica with the actual house - I seem to remember it was quite a good replica.

It is also interesting about them building the veranda onto the studio set. They should do this for the front of Summer Bay House too.

Edited by beau_t

Yeah I did notice the extension in the credits after I'd written everything up, probably does explain why stock shots were a lot tighter in later years. Still, there have been more additions over the years and what looks like a garage on the lower ground later became a games room of sorts.

Though bizarrely enough, speaking of tight stock shots, I did find out that a shot I capped from a 1997 ep was actually a zoomed in version of the 3rd one I've put on the site from 1989 - strange.

I did think about the replica, but it really didn't show a huge amount of it, and what we did see wasn't that great anyway (exterior-wise). Might add a cap at a later date.

As one of the ones requested a while back, the next update will be Fisher's House. :wink:

I think the last time the exterior of the Stewarts house was used within the episode, not a stock shot, was in 1999 (?) when Alf was buying his coffin. I seem to remember a few scenes outside because Alf was trying to work out if it would fit under the house.

There was also all that stuff during the 1994 Christmas build up, when Alf was putting up the lights around the house and they had that huge christmas tree in the garden that Jack and co set fire to.

Edited by alexx

I remember it was either Aaron's birthday party or his leaving party, there was a barbecue round the back of the Stewart House. I think it was the only time we saw the back garden and back porch area. That's assuming they even used the same house.

Great news to hear that Fisher's house is next! :D

Yes I have the episode of the party from 1997 (Casey's farewell party), and whilst it was very difficult to compare the two, I don't think it was the same house after all. Funnily enough I've also got the original script for that ep, but of course it doesn't help as regards to location other then EXT. STEWART BACKYARD

I'll have to have a look for that episode with the coffin, I do remember the storyline and should have it somewhere, as it does sound like it's probably the last exterior scene....

I was actually talking to Judy (Nunn) about the location a while back and even she couldn't remember where the house was located, could only vaguely remember filming one or two scenes there over her 13 years on the show.