2019 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Ben with restraint? See how long that lasts if Chef Brody puts a bun in Simone's oven! ?

Guess everyone's vacating the Bay! Don't be too surprised if Leah goes to see her folks or one of her bros soon!

Not justifying it but some people will often lash out at the relatives of those that wronged them, despite the slight having little or nothing to do with them. Lucky Mags put the brakes on. Tori is not her brother's keeper.

Ryder's purple getup makes him look like a cut-rate magician but it works for him! ?

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also have to say, no way is Dean scared of Colby, he's just worried for him and maybe wondering how long he can keep their secret.  As for the counselling  Willow already brought that up and he asked her what was he supposed to tell them, "I've been having these nightmare because my best mate killed this guy in front of me then we buried his body, we're also lying to his daughter, so how do I get through it?"  Dean has used the standard soap excuse of "I'm fine" every time he's been asked, and that usually fools everyone who is worried about someone else. It's only now when he scared of what else he might do or say when under the influence, he's going to go cold turkey  and who is going to be with him - Colby - yeah really doesn't care about him at all. Dean wasn't going to drop Colby in it by his confession, he was owning up to doing the deed himself which Colby doesn't want.  As for Colby ignoring Dean when he told Colby to think about Bella, he did, he lowered the gun when as I have said many times Ross pushed exactly the right button or the wrong one depending which way you want to look at it by making that sneery remark and that it was it!

The news regarding Brody, Ziggy and Simone does seem to be a bit hit and miss as to what has actually happened.  Did Dean know the full story, Tori knew Brody and Ziggy had split but not why, what did she think had happened Ziggy had one of her tantrums and had left but only for a while?  Was pretty hypocritical  of her to criticise Brody and his conduct after what she had done, all the people in this affair, sorry no pun intended, are adults with her and Robbo there is an innocent baby to consider. Quite a hard conversation between Ziggy and Brody, I think he did love Ziggy and yes the marriage may have been quick but no-one was holding a gun to his head, he put the engagement on hold when he found out why Ziggy wanted it to be now,  but then then proposed himself and no she wasn't a crutch to stop him relapsing, he did all the right things,  backing away from Ziggy until he was stronger, having Salt up and running.  To quote Robbie Burns 'the best laid plans of mice and men....' proved once again by the Morgan's jointly deciding not to tell Raffy as they were waiting for Brody to do it himself so of course she finds out some other way, overhearing Tori and Simone arguing.  I agree Red, I'm glad Coco is in the loop, did wonder if the family had decide not to tell her as there nothing she can  do, well maybe not physically, but she can give Ziggy a long distance hug.  She was  upset that Brody had cheated on her best friend's sister.

Don't see how Raffy is staying with the Morgan's, her family,  to get out of Marilyn and John's drama, they aren't going to be there! Naturally they'd be with Jett and although disappointed they wouldn't be there for Purple day, she more than accepted they would want to be there for their son. Nice  isn't quite the word for it, but seeing John break down briefly, showed a guy doesn't have to be tough because it's expected of them.  Neat little mention he'd rung and left a message for Alf.

Again, big hugs for Ryder and his putting on Awareness Day, loved the exchange between him and Bella about his being Willy Wonka and did she know who he meant and her reply she hadn't spent all her time locked in a cupboard!  His little quip at the students who hadn't bothered to wear any purple -"I'll see you later". I'm putting the fact Raffy was distracted and not fully into the day because she was waiting to hear from the  mad scientist - sorry Mason - to and to hear how the experiment was progressing.  They certainly had some close calls with Justin hovering at the door, wanting to know what all the equipment was for etc. Now I know nothing about cannabis but wouldn't it  give off some smell when it's being cooked up?:unsure:  I'm guessing Mason got hold of it legally(?) but the thought struck me it was a shame there still wasn't a cannabis farm in the National Park like the one the Braxton's had.

It got quite awkward when Simone insisted being there for Bella and she did help her have enough confidence to ask her question, and Maggie wasn't that welcoming towards Tori either and that was before Raffy found out.  Maggie was as professional as ever, but it really can't be easy for her.  Simone put up good reasons why Maggie can't just fire her, which she can't as long as Simone is doing what she was hired for.  Obviously no way will Raffy want to work with her, but Bella still needs her so unless Simone does something wrong educationally or is negligent in her duty towards Bella Maggie is stuck with her.  They will both have to keep it professional and keep a distance from each other.  As for your watch question Red, most young people nowadays don't own a watch and rely on their phone for the time. Methinks the way Simone looked so distressed was because she had come to the conclusion Raffy knew about her and Brody.

Well, at least there's some overdue comeback for Colby as he has to deal with the ire of an unfiltered Dean.Up until now, Dean's been biting his tongue and being the supportive friend but now it all comes out, his guilt that he couldn't stop Colby doing the wrong thing and ruining all their lives (his arguments might have given Colby momentary pause, but he still decided "No, actually, I don't care if I stuff things up for Bella by doing this" a moment later), and his bitter questioning of Colby over whether it was worth it, everything he's lost and all the harm he's done just for the moment's satisfaction of hurting Ross.Colby still hides behind flimsy excuses: "I couldn't let him go!"he protests, as though that was the only alternative, and he couldn't have let Ross go to prison and freed them all instead of simply leaving them trapped in the cycle, with him deserving to be in that cell instead.But maybe, just maybe, his self-righteous facade is starting to crumble.

Elsewhere, I continue to simultaneously enjoy Mason and Raffy's scenes while thinking that they're nuts.I do love Mason in big brother mode, and he's being as responsible as he can be in cataloguing everything and giving Raffy regular medical checks, but he doesn't really know what he's doing and what's going to happen, and he could get himself struck off or sent to jail while not doing anything to help Raffy at all.Raffy and Ryder did get some good material together here.Meanwhile, Justin and Leah really seem keen to spend time together... As for Who Knew What, my reading was that Tori knew Brody had cheated on Ziggy but didn't realise he'd actually chosen Simone over her.

Colby does care for Dean (I never said he didn't at all care, and I'm sorry if I gave people that impression), as he did try to help Dean get rid of his addiction in his own way, even though as Jasmine pointed out at the end, it wasn't the best. But that wasn't the point I was making, perhaps I should have been more clearer: the fact is that Colby would be very concerned about whether Dean would keep his mouth shut, and I think that he's mainly concerned about that, more than thinking why Dean would turn to this.]Anyway, I loved Dean yesterday, finally saying all the things I was wishing he said to Colby before but didn't actually think he would: he's completely right, everything he and Bella have been going through and lost is all because for his own revenge, and I'm glad to see that Colby's becoming more uncomfortable, though it's frustrating to see him reverting to his tiring defence of "I did what I had to do!" and keeping his cold attitude. Dean is really suffering bad, isn't he? While I'm glad Jasmine can help, I hope that she doesn't get dragged into the secret as well. 

Meanwhile, Tori's got a lot of nerve on her shoulders, hasn't she? While I'm glad that people are calling Brody out, after all her antics, she's in no place to do so. I'm glad that both Raffy and Coco found out as well. Now, while I still think that she brought this on herself, I did feel sorry for Simone. Maggie said she would be professional at work, yet she hasn't, and still Bella is benefiting from her help. Maggie doesn't have to like working with Simone, but she still has to do it. If Jasmine can manage with Tori, then Maggie ought to. Meanwhile, while Mason and Raffy's relationship is one of the few highlights in an episode these days, what they're doing is going to end badly, I could just see it. Mason's being more responsible with Raffy and how much she's taking ,than others would be, I'll give him that, but still. Otherwise, Justin and Leah being all giddy about their relationship with all the subtlety of a rhino, is weird, but cute. 

There is the old saying in vino veritas - in wine lies the truth -  I guess the same goes for someone coming down from whatever Dean has been taking.  He did switch from blaming Colby to apologising to him  and blaming  himself for not being able to stop him.  Dean like Colby has said he would would keep Colby's name out of any confession he made.  Whatever some on here may think about Colby he's proved to be a  real friend to Dean by staying with him, wonder what he told McCarthy to get more days off, taking all the flak Dean's thrown at him,  and all the various symptoms that go with withdrawal, he probably knows on one level what he did was wrong, but it's done now and he can't go back and undo it.  Bad turn for the worse if Colby felt he had to call Jasmine who it seems rigs up some sort of medical equipment in the motel room, not the first time that has happened in the bay.  Sadly as Colby flushed the pills down the loo no-one will  any idea what was actually in them so treating Dean is going to be hit and miss.

Another drugs related story with Mason and Raffy - he's got a new hairstyle to go with his new role - with a slightly more responsible approach, Mason does seem to be taking care in what he is doing and insisting she note everything down as you would in any experiment with a new drug, taking her blood pressure before and after, though it's still not exactly under proper controlled conditions because normally initially you are kept in a hospital or clinic for the first few days.  I was half expecting Ryder to walk in when Mason was dropping the drug on Raffy's tongue, hell anyone could have walked in.  First dose seems to have gone OK, she had a good nights sleep, she did say she wanted to be normal again but that is never going to happen.  He certainly risks being struck off should he be found out  which would be a shame, he'd be a good doctor. That reminds me we didn't see Raffy telling Brody what she thought of him - damn - I was looking forward to that - so I'm guessing the Morgan's informed Brody she knew about him and Simone so no need for him to come over and tell her. 

Back to loves not so young dream - as in Leah & Justin - both acting weird and Leah putting off Jasmine coming over so having to blag her way out of it by thinking on her feet.  There isn't any need for them to be a secret but I think they are enjoying it just being them and sneaking around like a  couple of kids, plenty of time for them to let others know and they have to put up with all the usual comments.  Besides if it all cools down between them no-one will be any the wiser.  They've got some energy spent most of the evening in bed, then Justin went home, insisted on taking Ryder home, quick call to Leah en route methinks, then after Leah suggested Ryder eat his supper in his room her and Justin resumed from where they left off:wub::wink:  On the cards they will be rumbled.

I'm somewhat disappointed that we're back in Underworld Doctor territory.I'm not saying Jasmine did the wrong thing treating Dean but I'm uncomfortable with the suggestion that she stole hospital equipment to do it.I was disappointed too, but not surprised, that Dean attempted to backtrack on his comments to Colby.Ironically, he was thwarted somewhat by Colby sticking his head in the sand and refusing to discuss it.It seems it's given him a lot to reflect on though.Part of me would have preferred him not to bother Chelsea, but I guess he needed to acknowledge that it was him that threw their marriage away, given that there's been a bit too much criticism of her for supposedly walking out on him.Colby finally talking sense at the end, but frankly I'll believe that he'll turn himself in when I see it.The promo wasn't very promising, I've a feeling I'm going to end up not liking Willow next week, which is a shame because she was good with Dean here.

Archived