2019 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

I'm getting tired of all the Brody & Simone stuff, particularly his attitude. Simone did the right thing telling Justin about the offer to move in and I think Justin is handling the situation well now. The suggestion that they look for their own place is a sensible one and for the best.

Bella was being a pain but at least she apologised to Raffy & Ryder for her behaviour.  It was nice that R&R had already decided to have another go at making friends with her anyway.

Speaking of r&r, Leah & Justin getting sprung by Roo was funny!

Can't wait for the next ep. I may have to record it on 5* later.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgot to mention yesterday, when Ziggy and Maggie were watching the TV before Willow showed up and were saying whatever it was they were watching was awful, I was presuming they were watching what Game of Thrones has become! ?

The fact that the only idea that Brody has after Justin's talk about keeping things moving slowly to immediately asking Simone to move in with him just shows how much his character has been ruined. He's showing no consideration towards his family, what his actions have caused, or the fact that his former wife was living with him not that long ago and yet he's asking his side-piece to live with him. He's so selfish and doesn't care, I'm glad that Mason gave him a serve and didn't hold back. I wish that Justin was more harsher with him, but at least he was straight up with him, and thankfully Brody actually listened and talked with Simone afterwards. God, I hate that I'm saying this, but the sooner he's off my screen the better. 

Meanwhile, Colby's idea for Bella to hang out with friends didn't go as smoothly as he hoped. Bella was acting a bit like a brat with Raffy and Ryder, but I did find it concerning that her immediate thought was that Colby had to pay them to be with her. At least they sorted things out at the end. Could someone tell me why Justin and Leah feel like they have to hide their relationship? They've got nothing to be ashamed of, people will be surprised but that would be the worst of it. But now Roo's back in convenient soap- timing to spot them. 

22 minutes ago, D.B said:

Could someone tell me why Justin and Leah feel like they have to hide their relationship? They've got nothing to be ashamed of, people will be surprised but that would be the worst of it.

I think it's because neither sees it as a relationship, just a bit of fun, so I guess being open about that would raise a few eyebrows, not that it's anyone else's business anyway.

Plus it's given the viewers some much needed light relief.

Great episode.  So good I watched it twice. The show should do comedy more often.

Lustin ?  Love it, Roo!!  (Kudos to the writer who came up with that - give them a pay rise).

Raffy & Justin's "friends with benefits" talk was a little weird but as he said, I guess teenagers are just more savvy about these things now.  Their scenes were quite funny though.

Nice that Leah wants to continue things, although I think she has been watching too much SATC.

Great to have Roo back.  I like her.

Buddy is SO cute.

Bella does know about Colby and co - unless you were being sarcastic - she trusts them that's all plus Colby is her only family and Dean and Willow her 'adopted' family and we do forgive family a lot.  Not sure you could call Dean a bone fide drug addict he was hardly in the same league as Brody.  While Dean is as entitled to his opinion about Simone as the rest of the bay, he didn't have to bawl her out in front of Belle, she is hardly going to lead her astray, she does care about her job and pupils. Which reminds me didn't she say to Brody when they were walking on the beach she loved her job?  Strangely a couple of weeks ago it was her job at Salt she loved, Brody had better hope she doesn't change her mind about him as she does her jobs.:lol:  I get Dean is a mate of Ziggy so defending her but shouldn't have gone off on one, but we are talking about Dean doesn't always put brain in gear before operating mouth. I didn't think I'd say this but Simone did go up in my  estimation a bit, only a bit,  by considering the Morgan's feelings over moving into the cottage - what is a side piece - is that even a name?:unsure: Just checked apparently it is - who knew!  Even Brody had to later admit it was a bad idea and still felt like  Ziggy's place  I know she is no longer there so hopefully weren't her sheets they were sleeping on. I can see that as the cottage is on the Morgan property it belongs to them and if he wants Simone to stay over he should give people some warning so that can choose to avoid the cottage, be the same as if one of them  had someone staying over, it just shows respect to the others living there. When Alf allows it the same rule applies at his place.

Belle's feelings about not needing anyone else but Colby shows Ross is still in her head as that is obviously what he told her - they were fine just the two of them.  Colby's idea to get Raffy & Ryder round was a good one but not that well thought out, so painfully apparent they hadn't 'just popped round' to see her. I can't really blame her for booting them out must have been so embarrassing for  a 16 year old your big brother feeling he has to dragoon the two young people you know to be your mates.:blush: She showed real maturity by going to apologise to them and being the good types they are accepted it.  Bit of another reveal that the last time she'd been to the cinema was when she was eight, all Ross did was rent video's so another way of keeping her isolated.

It did get  a bit eek when Belle was asking questions about collecting evidence at the scene of  a crime, she was talking about JFK's assassination which was her assignment, but both Colby and us knew what she was really talking about. Back then of course DNA hadn't been 'invented' so none of the law enforcement agencies had access to it, but now, when/if Ross's body is found who knows? Did like the 'yes it is, no it isn't' back and forth between Colby and Bella as to whether watching JFK was cheating or not.  Didn't someone else have more or less the same argument a little while ago about whether watching the film rather than reading the book was cheating?

Well eventually the misunderstanding between Ziggy and Dean and if he did or didn't was cleared up, and Ben apologised to Dean for thinking the worse, but Dean did/does have a bit of a rep.  So did Ziggy once Willow had explained why Dean didn't take her up on her offer. Without naming names Dean told Ziggy he knew what it was like to be kicked back he'd been there enough - Willow do I hear anyone say.  Maybe not full on jealousy but even Willow was astonished Dean didn't sleep with Ziggy and wasn't until she talked it over with Colby she realised it might be because Dean likes Ziggy.  He can be sensitive if he does like her that way wouldn't take advantage of her, she's far too vulnerable.  We did get  a hint that maybe Willow is jealous when Colby teased her about after her training session, she denied it of course but the lady doth protest  too much methinks.

I see the mad scientists lab is still up and running.

I think the same Justin and Leah want to keep whatever they have going on between themselves for now because as soon as it's public - like well since as the moment Roo caught them - everyone will be nudge, nudge, wink, wink etc. wanting to know if it's serious, does VJ know.  I think they are enjoying the sneaking about, in and out of each others houses/bedrooms, as Justin said they are consenting adults and aren't cheating on anyone and just having fun. It has been amusing all these little, not always, subtle hints between them and whose place was empty.:lol: Of course now it's been blown and for once Raffy is one of the first to know and not the last.  Actually baywatcher didn't that  ought to be r&r&r - sorry couldn't resist. :wink:

Not a niggle   the other night Jett referred to himself as a lieutenant using the American pronunciation but John called him a leftenant using the English pronunciation an age thing maybe? 

1 hour ago, baywatcher said:

Lustin ?  

Oh god no please. :puke:

Raffy, Justin, Leah and Ryder were the MVPs of today's ep! Raffy in particular, she was really busting Justin's chops/balls over the whole "Lustin" (I am giggling like Homer Simpson right now)??

Much needed laughs away from Cannabis trials, Adultery, Step-patricide and soldier boys whose lives have been turned upside down!

24 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

Raffy, Justin, Leah and Ryder were the MVPs of today's ep! Raffy in particular, she was really busting Justin's chops/balls over the whole "Lustin" (I am giggling like Homer Simpson right now)??

Much needed laughs away from Cannabis trials, Adultery, Step-patricide and soldier boys whose lives have been turned upside down!

Definitely, the Justin/Leah relationship is so warm and fuzzy, a really fun and cute storyline to watch. It really does shine above all the others, doesn't it.  

Leah sitting at the pier with her laptop and a voiceover talking about sex like she’s Carrie Bradshaw!!! Do TPTB not realise she is one of the most unliked long term characters the show has had? Having said that, Carrie wasn’t very likeable either 

5 hours ago, ter06 said:

Leah sitting at the pier with her laptop and a voiceover talking about sex like she’s Carrie Bradshaw!!! Do TPTB not realise she is one of the most unliked long term characters the show has had? Having said that, Carrie wasn’t very likeable either 

What’s so unlikable about Leah. 

Colleen I thought was most unlikable long term character. 

8 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

What’s so unlikable about Leah. 

Colleen I thought was most unlikable long term character. 

Her bitchiness with Zack and the whole Luc custody kind of lowered het stock and damaged her brand, if you get my drift. Those moments alienated a lot of long term viewers. See the 2006-17 thread.

I thought the VO was a throwback to Shannon's case study back in '97 (Isla nailed that, IMO).

Archived