2019 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

11 hours ago, Razabaza said:

Did Colby and Dean burn the body of Ross?

They burnt Ross' car but buried him wrapped in a tarpaulin and covered the grave with a corrugated iron sheet weighed down with a tyre, stop any wild animals digging him up, hopefully.

To be fair to Colby he didn't know Bella had overheard him talking to Irene about the fact he doesn't know what to do regards Bella.  I can't see any harm in Bella getting counselling as long as she is asked, she is 16 and it's explained it's not because people think she's crazy. She's not going to blurt out any incriminating information as she doesn't know anything.  Maybe his 'old fashioned' attitude to counselling is because back in the day, people like him in Mangrove River did just that took care of things themselves. Her overhearing Colby and McCarthy talking made it three times she had earwigged something she shouldn't have, though the first time was deliberate. 

D.B I think your original thought about Colby being in the cops was right, yes he joined as that was the best way to track Bella, but he must have put some effort into being a everyday cop or he wouldn't have been made senior constable. A small aside once he's left the force what's he going to do for money? Bella's new bedroom did look nice, though part of me was waiting for the bed to collapse.:lol:

T'was McCarthy's name on the letter, I'd recorded last nights so was able to fast forward it and pause at the right moment, but I noticed there wasn't a stamp on it, surely one is needed?  Just what has he written, whatever it is it looks like he's changed his mind the next morning.  No I don't think Jasmine did know Leah knew about Tori or that Justin knew either for that matter.

Bella took a chance getting a lift what what looked a total stranger and Ross's place didn't look that shabby especially Bella's room I'm guessing that doll and little  clown figurine was from her mum, and the police seemed to have given up keeping it under surveillance. That was  a pretty deep grave Ross had buried Michelle in.  There seemed to be building work going on next door so not as much in the middle of nowhere as has been suggested.  Colby was very gentle with her but she needs to tell him she overheard what he said so he can apologise to  Simone.

Talking of whom she's not only getting it in the neck from Colby when she's innocent, this time, but from Brody accusing her of moving on to another bloke as she can't have him, frankly if he thinks so little of her I wouldn't want to have an affair with him or be his new love should he dump Ziggy. She quite rightly couldn't tell him why she was visiting Colby.  Simone is only close to Maggie because they are working together, they're nor best buddies or anything and she still hasn't been paired up with Raffy yet who going by what we saw she ought to be pretty quick never mind who Simone is seeing on or not seeing on the quiet.

I must have missed Tori actually whining to Irene, well mentioning it in passing,  about Jasmine and her attitude towards her at work, answered my question too as to  if she had returned to work after the showdown  at the OK Diner, but at least it did result in an uneasy truce, they'd be professional to each other at work but that was it.   She must have thought the same as you D.B and Red about not being the nice girl everyone thought she was. Even nice people have a limit to which they can be pushed.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dean's thin ice is getting thinner by the moment, the only reason Ben has for still keeping him around is that he must feel sorry for him.Whilst it's small potatoes compared to some things he's in the frame for, interfering with the post isn't exactly "legit", and then he leaves the post box hanging open just to make it obvious.He's now confided a bit in Ziggy without mentioning any of the illegal stuff.

My sympathy for Tori's point of view nosedived again with her ridiculous justification to Raffy: Is she seriously going to stop Raffy ever using any medication that might be addictive because family history? I get that she was being flippant, but Raffy's already had a DNA test.(Did they ever tell her about that?)I was worried Marilyn was going to sign up Raffy for the trial behind the Morgans' back, so her intervention was at least slightly less of a bad idea.Interesting that John was being more diplomatic with Tori.Why did Raffy say Simone's busy with Bella, has she forgotten Bella isn't in town at the moment?Leah's suggestion of asking Mason for help was a good one but unfortunately he's not in the episode and Raffy wasn't interested in Tori as a substitute.I kind of wish we'd got more of a reaction from her to Tori's pregnancy than the throwaway remark here. Given that Mason's been in Summer Bay nearly three years and was already a medical student then, he did his HSC a bit more than "a couple of years ago".So Raffy's back to wanting to leave school:Can she do that?

As for Leah and Jasmine, I've no idea if Jasmine knows or not, but she probably wouldn't hold it against her too much, given she did much the same thing herself and seems to accept that Leah's still friends with both of them.

From the quick look I got at Dean's letter it seemed he was telling the police where to find Ross' body and he knew it was there because he put it there.  I'm guessing he changed his mind because it would mean Colby lied when questioned about who was with him when Ross was caught up with. Seems he did do all that in his sleep, because he only remembered what he must have done was when he saw those letters in Willow's hands, probably explains why he didn't put a stamp on the envelope too. :wink: Amazing that he took an angle grinder to the post box in broad daylight and absolutely nobody was around. :rolleyes:  He did at least put the other letters back. I like he's kept Ziggy and Willow out of it, what they don't know they can't tell anyone about.

Actually it wasn't until Tori mentioned the family history to Raffy that I remembered  the fact the Morgan's dad had been a drug syndicate's accountant until he turned them in which in turn  forced them into the WPP, so not just Brody being a drug addict, but other bad memories regarding drugs.

I wondered that about Marilyn going behind the Morgan's back, especially with John's "no". It did seem to be clear the Morgan's were taking the lead on Raffy's treatment and John & Marilyn were just looking after Raffy.  Felt a bit sorry for Ryder when Raffy said she wished Coco was there making him feel a bit redundant, he did try his best but biology is way out of his knowledge zone.  If Raffy is 16, still not sure regards that, she can leave school, though it may depend on the rules in NSW, wonder what Marilyn's and John's alternative idea is? Raffy mentioning Simone being busy with Bella implied she has had time with her herself at least that is how I took it.

I don't know if we're meant to see Brody declaring his love to Simone as some big romantic moment, but if so it's misfired badly.Actually it's almost impossible to believe we are, with the way the episode cut from Ziggy planning her future with Brody to him bunking up with her replacement in the back of a van.Of course we're going to sympathise with her rather than him/them.I guess Justin has just got tired of banging his head against the wall and just wants it over one way or another.

Meanwhile, Simone is proving rather good at her old/new job, even if she did take the wrong message from Maggie's advice about following your passion.A nice mix of Palmers and Morgans for Raffy's support group, although I notice no-one invited Tori! (Okay, she's not in the episode.) Ryder got sidelined a bit as well, but did his bit by drawing everyone's attention to Raffy's problems.Simone obviously didn't look at her file very closely since she didn't know she's Brody's sister.

Martha's mania seemed to be prompted by John and Marilyn discussing talking to Jett.She has been extremely calm since she's been back so it's probably necessary for us and Alf to see her mental health issues first hand.

OK Brody has made his decision but did he really expect his telling Ziggy was going to be easy?  Justin had it right there is never going to be a right time. Ziggy was rather hyper when he was trying to tell her, does she on some level know what is going on with him and is trying to deflect it.  Heavens she not saying she wants a baby now, just come round to the fact she's open to the idea but in a couple of years once she's got her apprenticeship, at least she's got her head screwed on right in that respect. Simone has kept her distance from Brody but now he has made his decision I had hoped she had maintained  that until he has told Ziggy, though of course last nights shenanigans in the van  proved me wrong. Bit of a tense meal, no Tori again, Ziggy checking her phone every five seconds, with only Justin knowing the reason behind Brody's odd behaviour and not being able to say anything.

On a light hearted moment Alf teasing Ben about what he wants to be called when he becomes a granddad because he'll be stuck with it for life - his title Grumps suits him so well - there's another one in Emmerdale - also for the same reason.:lol:  Then Ben teasing Maggie  about the same thing and  both being amazed Ziggy actually expressed an interest in becoming a mum at all. 

Despite what we, or thought we heard, about Raffy and Simone, we were wrong they hadn't been paired up.  Does kind of help in  a way that Bella is out of town, guessing Colby has OK'd it with the school?  So, sorry, didn't want to start a sentence with so, that was John & Marilyn's plan then she get the extra tutelage but I thought that was on the cards anyway?:unsure:  Ryder does his best but he's only 18 so pretty young to know how to really help Raffy, he just needs to be there for her. Gave Justin a bit of  a jolt when Maggie mentioned Simone as the one being able to help Raffy as he is the only one to know what is really going on. I liked how there were the Morgan's - well two of them -  John, Marilyn and Ryder and of course Raffy talking about  the other option. Anyways, despite all the trouble with her private life Simone really does know her job, though it did seem to surprise her Raffy was related to the Morgan's, it was a short notice call so maybe she hadn't had the chance to look at her file. She did know her by face so answered my other unspoken question had she and Raffy ever met or spoken - no - she'd just seen her around and at Salt. Seemed a great idea for Raffy to break down whatever subject she decides on into bite sized pieces, Raffy already looked a lot more relaxed.  I caught that about Simone taking Maggie's  advice a tad more personally than Maggie meant it to be taken. Nothing to do with the storyline but I do like Maggie's discretion and professionalism in not naming the other pupil's name when talking to others other than Simone.

I did keep waiting for someone, even Raffy herself to mention her age as in "You're only xx, you can't leave school" or "I'm xx, I can leave school if I want to" but no  not a sausage. 

We do have to remember as far as Maggie (and Ben) know  Simone had a crush on Brody but now that she is now longer working at Salt as far as they are concerned the danger has passed.  They have no idea do they?

Am I right to be worried about Martha it does appear her borderline personality disorder seems to be rearing it's head. It does appear it's been triggered by Jett being away and Marilyn and John being lifted by being able to talk to him on a regular basis.  It does seem really weird that John and Marilyn can speak to Jett who is in Afghanistan a lot more easier than she or Alf can to Roo who is in the same country albeit  the extreme north west and yes I realise some regions/areas have rubbish reception.  Alf seems at a loss as to how to handle it and was right in saying if anything had happened they would have got a message to them somehow.  I hope it can be resolved somehow seeing how they have just got back on track. Btw Roo was going to be away for two months, isn't that time nearly up anyway?

Alf's episode count this week:Three.

Marilyn did a good job at the start, taking charge of the situation and taking Martha somewhere safe and quiet so she could calm herself down.Alf pushing things really wasn't helping but he made up for it later on, talking things over in an understanding manner and then putting aside what was rational to reassure Martha by finding a way to talk to Roo.(Looking back, her placement was meant to be three months.It's hard to be sure what that means given that Australia of course had a break between seasons: One interpretation, if you take it to mean around 60 episodes, is that it's another three weeks.)Still, that's not enough to get Martha to stay, and to be fair, not every old relative who comes for a visit is going to end up moving in!

As sweet as Colby and Bella's tribute to their mother was, it does raise the question: Is Michelle going to have a funeral? Or has that happened when we weren't looking? If nothing else, Bella's trip allowed her to pick up a few relics of her old life.And just as Colby is patting himself on the back for getting Bella back again, he's brought down to earth with a bump as he's reminded just how fragile their set-up is.Ross managed to get away with telling her the person he'd killed and buried had just gone away for five years, but it came out in the end.And Colby could have given her what she wanted but he choses another way.Incidentally, references here suggest he's about 26, can't remember if we've heard that before.

Mason going into uber-geek mode as he attempts to come up with ideas for Raffy's project was all kinds of adorable.Nice to have Leah and Justin reflect on their own school history too.

Marilyn did do well there,  she didn't push just let Martha tell it her way, asked gently how things felt when she was in her bad place, for want of a better term.  I loved how she stood up for 'Mr. Stewart' telling Martha she underestimated him and he'd understand if given the chance. He is a  lot different to the Alf Martha knew back then.  Strangely John and Alf were  having more or less the same kind of talk at the Diner and Alf took Palmers advice!   I guess even now knowing what is wrong with her Martha still finds it hard to articulate to someone who hasn't gone through the same thing.  I was expecting Alf to say something about his PTSD and how he had trouble getting his head round it and what had triggered it.  I know it's not the same but it does give him a better insight into what Martha feels like.   Could be completely trivial but why didn't Martha want Roo to know she  was there? I forget time can be pretty fluid in H&A land.

Good point about Michelle having a funeral, last we heard the police had her body. I hope we didn't miss it if there was one, Bella needs to say a proper goodbye to her mum as does Colby. I worked out a little while ago that Colby was 10 years older than Bella but  good to get it confirmed by him that he was 10 when she was born.  A touching moment when they laid flowers on Michelle's 'grave'. She did finally admit to Colby why she ran away so Colby when you get back to the  bay you owe Simone an apology.

Loved Mason's enthusiasm in wanting to help Raffy, shame the looking into the Morgan's family tree wasn't of use.  He eagerly snatched Hunter's HSC  notes from Leah when she bought them over. :D  Justin kept his counsel again despite Leah suggesting if he wanted to talk about anything he could.

Only light moment came when Ben & Maggie were getting their heads around the fact they could be grandparents soon, even though Ziggy has said it won't be for a couple of years, they certainly would be young grandparents, barely 40!

Archived