2019 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

So we are actually going to have Colby going back to the police and acting like he's somehow got the right to act as though he's on the right side of the law even though he should be serving a life sentence.I thought he couldn't be even more of a joke of a police officer than he was, but he keeps finding lower parts.And seemingly just to keep Bella onside as well.I'm surprised how fine with it Willow was, almost as if the show had forgotten she knows about him killing Ross.But it turns out she's the only one that can get through to Dean.

John again proved a surprisingly effective confidante for Alf.Martha was in danger of getting the wrong idea but Alf got her on the right page in the end.However, it seems her issues are more deep-rooted than that, which is realistic.

I actually thought Jasmine did a pretty good job here.She wasn't willing to go along with Tori's initial friendly overtures but she did her job professionally and showed that, even if she's not as nice a person as she thought, she still can't help doing the right thing.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, look's like Dean wasn't in his right mind when he posted the letter, so I was disappointed when he decided to get rid of it and dragged Ziggy into it, but then again, by the looks of the letter it looks like Dean was going to take the whole blame for it which I wouldn't like either. If I'm going to be 100% honest, I did find the scenes with Colby and Bella at Ross's old house sweet. But for Colby's suggestion that the house may be sold, may I ask to whom? Would people really want to live in a house where a woman was murdered and a girl was mentally held hostage by the murderer? But anyway, it gave Bella some closure, and I'll give Colby this, he really cares for Bella, just not enough to tell her the truth apparently, as the moment she goes to the diner or to bed, he's just back to conspiring to cover up a murder. And while I actually like the little family-unit the two have with Willow and Dean, I was ten seconds away from hitting my head against a wall when Colby decided to rejoin the police and act like nothing's happened. I have literally no sympathy for him, and frankly he's got better friends than he deserves. That said, I don't have much sympathy for Dean much now either, he's in a really bad place, and I am sorry for that, but he is entirely ignorant of what damage he's causing himself (or what Colby's actions are causing him, but I digress). I feel that Willow ought to be more supportive of Dean rather than Colby, but if he's refusing help, there's not much else she can do. 

I've heard some other people on other threads said that Jackson Heywood must have done something to p*** off the writers to make him so unrecognisable, but I'm only now beginning to see that. Obviously his apparent romantic gesture to Simone wouldn't work to anyone with morals, which luckily for both of them, they lack. The fallout of this is going to be so bad for Ziggy, since she's really considering their future without knowing that Brody will abandon her. I wish that Justin would man up and tell her the truth, or at least that he'd be more resistant towards Brody's plans with Simone, but I guess he's just tired of this pointless drama. I know I am. The most likeable Morgan nowadays appears to be Mason, who's absolutely a delight with him enthusiastically helping Raffy with her project, who, while I feel sorry for her, had a bit of an over exaggeration when wanting to drop school again. I can't judge her really though, this is really hitting her hard. I'm just glad she has her family, Ryder and Maggie (and I guess Simone), to support her. 

Martha's mental disorder appearance, while tragic and to me unexpected since she's been really calm since she arrived, is realistic, particularly after just dealing with Marilyn's worry for Jett. Alf acted very responsibly here, but it's a shame that Martha wants to leave the Bay now. John and Marilyn were very supportive here, and I'm glad that Alf told her actually how he felt. 

51 minutes ago, Razabaza said:

Jasmine had such a bad attitude in the emergency room, especially regarding the overdose patient.

Actually, I thought the opposite. While Jasmine seemed more distant towards Tori and  she gave what I felt to be a little dig when she said "I never do" when Tori told her not to take no for an answer, she looked very concerned for the victim, and she did a very good job, working well with Tori. She even put her anger out of the way to help Tori in the end, as it looks like something's seriously wrong with the baby. 

D.B I agree with you and Red regarding Jasmine's attitude in the emergency room, they were all extremely busy and both acted professionally as they should, they had a good rapport going acting as a team, besides even if they had been friends still, there wouldn't haven't been any time for a matey chat. Jasmine was concerned over Tori before that guy kicked out at Tori as she had been on her feet for a long time.  I feel it was an instinctive thing when Tori got shoved across the room and  Jasmine went to see if she was OK, she may not feel the same towards Tori the way she did, but she wouldn't want anything to happen to her or more importantly the baby.

Colby has kind of been 'bullied' into going back to work by Bella, what excuse could he give her for saying no? He doesn't feel comfortable about it, especially as it seems more evidence about what may have happened to Ross is revealed, though surely he wouldn't be allowed anywhere near the case as he's personally involved?:unsure:  Yabbie Creek are very short staffed, two cops down since he's been on leave and Chelsea left, Dean, not surprisingly  isn't happy about but Willow seemed more accepting.   I know I keep banging on about this but Colby has been a good cop at times and there have been worse.  I don't think he's acting as if nothing has happened.  The house isn't really Colby's concern Ross rented it so down to the landlord, agents responsible for it.

Dean does keep spouting those two words well known in soap land which we all know is a lie "I'm fine" when asked , Willow can't force him to confide in her and the more she pushes the more he'll resist. He's a 'tough guy' and can handle things, 'cept he  can't, and Dean being Dean doesn't want people to worry about him.

Martha did say to Alf she can be fine for months then something will trigger her BPD, comes out of the blue, this time it appears to be John & Marilyn worrying about Jett and reminding her she hadn't spoken to Roo for weeks. I have no idea how BPD works but perhaps the fact Roo is somewhere where she can't be contacted easily and could have an accident  connected  with the fact Jett is out in a war zone even though Roo is in the same country.  Liked John's nagging of Alf to tell Martha how he really felt, though he did initially chicken out and it took another nudge from John to actually tell her how he felt. Hope it doesn't make Martha feel as if she has been pushed into a corner and stays because she wants to.   If she does she will need to go back home to maybe rent her place out or sell it.

Raffy is maybe being overdramatic but before her developing epilepsy she was a very bright girl, but not cocky with it, she had been put up a year as it was discovered she was very talented and wasted in her current year. So  from being able to learn things very quickly and retain anything she'd learnt to now having trouble doing the simplest task and forgetting the most mundane things would be hard to take in and she is a teenager.

I had an afterthought regarding Dean and that letter, supposing he hadn't remembered in time and it had been collected and delivered to Yabbie Creek cop shop, postie goes inside hands over letter saying this has no stamp, would they have to pay the postage? :lol:

I’m new here so sorry if this has been talked about before but I need to vent about Brody & that homewrecker Simone who has not got a patch on Ziggy! Aww the storyline really annoys me and I really hate them 2 and would be quite happy if they got killed off ? I really hope when it all comes out that the bay don’t just forgive them right away and they leave. What’s everyone else’s thoughts ?

I really agree with you I think that Brody and Simone should leave the bay and never come back I feel so sorry for ziggy she doesn't deserve to be treated like this at all I can't believe that Justin knew and I also agree with mason being angry with Brody and Justin also if Simone does leave then it will affect both raffy and Bella 

Brody was something of a weasel here, once more wimping out of being honest with Ziggy.And Simone's willingness to put up with vague promises doesn't say much for her self-respect.In the end, Ziggy only finds out by accident, because Brody's hand got forced.To discuss it in more general terms as requested above, I agree that neither Brody nor Simone has come across as particularly likeable in this (although I'm not sure if I'd go as far as to wish them both dead!) and I don't think the show has really convinced that this pairing is worth Brody throwing away everything he's built up with Ziggy.

Meanwhile, Colby's probably breathing a sigh of relief that he got back into the police just in time to sabotage their investigation.Him playing ignorant with McCarthy was wrong but expected, but then he actually concocts a lie to stop the police investigating further, and has dragged Dean into it and expected him to cover his back without actually bothering to let him know what's going on.(And that's after promising that if the police ever found out about him killing Ross, he'd keep Dean out of it: I guess self-preservation trumps friendship, but then we already knew that from him letting Dean go to jail for something he did.)There might have been worse cops than Colby, but only the ones that were serial killers, so that's a pretty low bar to clear.

Jasmine's back in kind and caring mode.Even though I've enjoyed seeing her lay into Tori, I think she had to let go of her anger at some point or another, if only for her own sake.But I'm glad things aren't entirely back to being all rosy: Jasmine was quick to get away once things went onto uncomfortable territory.

And Alf joins the AWOL list, although at least Irene's back now.I'll just about buy it for heartwarming reasons, but having Martha suddenly shrug her shoulders and decide she could cope with the trip after all felt a bit implausible.And I kind of like that Alf's keeping it a secret.

Good to get a surprise every now and then and whilst it was inevitable Brody and Simone were going to be found out, I wasn't expecting it to be in yesterday's episode.  I do have to admit whilst I generally find Ziggy quite annoying I did feel quite sorry for her (and pretty much have sympathised with her throughout most of this storyline).  All her initial suspicious about Simone and everything she suspected has been confirmed.  Going by the preview it will be interesting to see what happens with Simone and Maggie later on today.

Thought Ben has given Dean far too many chances already.  Whilst I make no secret of how much I've hated Ben in the past, I do think there have been a couple of instances now where he's put sentiment ahead of business.  Not evicting Alf from the Bait Shop and keeping Dean on this long.

Surprisingly quite enjoying the stuff with Alf and Martha.

10 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

(although I'm not sure if I'd go as far as to wish them both dead!) and I don't think the show has really convinced that this pairing is worth Brody throwing away everything he's built up with Ziggy.

Lol ? ok maybe went too far there just so angry with them. The writers have just made him so unlikable now! Going from the start where it was kind of like Simone was becoming obsessed with him (trying on his chef coat and taking a picture) and Brody had no feelings whatsoever then all of a sudden he cant fight it no more ?  It woulda actually been a better storyline if it turned into this obsession/stalker thing. Ziggy has done so much and he is being so terrible to her I really feel sorry for her. As I said before I just hope that all of the residents dont just accept this as no big deal, I want some repercussions for their actions. On another note I cant believe they want us to believe that Ziggy is only coming 21 ? 

Colby's facial expressions do my head in although I kinda like him, him being a cop is not going to end well!

11 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

only the ones that were serial killers, so that's a pretty low bar to clear.t.

Wait, were there cops who were serial killers on the show?! Who were they? 

Anyway, Colby's just a joke, literally, one day in and he's already breaking rules to cover himself. Ugh, why did I like him? He's only looking after himself, and he's dragged Dean into it once again expecting him to lie for him with the watch! Part of me is expecting (and I'm hoping) that Dean decides that Colby isn't worth it, but there's little chance of that, I fear.  Still though, it appears that Colby didn't seem at all comfortable when McCarthy gave him back his gun. 

Meanwhile, Jasmine was lovely here yesterday. Despite myself, I really enjoyed her scenes with Tori, they really work well off each other. While I think that Jasmine ought to hold on to that grudge for longer, and hopefully she's still be a bit more reserved towards Tori. I'm not opposed to the idea that their friendship can rekindle and besides with the baby coming soon there's little point of them at each other's throats at every point. I loved seeing them work alongside together like bosses in the hospital. That's where I like them the most- putting the needs of the patients above their own. 

The stuff with Alf and Martha was lovely too, but a shame that Alf wasn't able to persuade Martha to stay. Well, at least the two are able to have one last fishing trip together, though is this the last we see of Martha? 

And Brody and Simone are found out! I was conflicted at that moment, on one hand I'm glad that they were caught the way they were for all of the backlash and grief they will get, but at the same time I hate that Ziggy had to find out like that (By the way, she's only 20? Really? And Brody forgot that?! ?). I hope she slaps Brody hard. 

You know what I've always found amazing, is how my opinion of a character can change. Sometimes for the better, like Robbo, Kyle, Evie, and sometimes for the worst, like Colby, Olivia and Josh. Two years ago, Brody was my favourite Morgan and Mason was just unlikable to me. Now, I was thrilled to see Mason ripping into Brody and Justin, and I love him for it. Right now, he's is the best of them, and he's 100% right to question each of them. Unfortunately, his view on the family situation is very true to H&A as a whole: people lie, manipulate, break the law, and even murder to get what they want, and instead of being punished or face any sort of consequences for their actions, 9/10 they get off the hook easily and get treated like saints when they do not deserve it, meanwhile actually good people (Mason, Jasmine, Ruby, Oscar, Chris, Hannah, VJ, Billie, Chelsea, etc) on the show often get spat on or thrown under the bus! We've seen it with Angelo and Hugo, we've seen it with the Braxtons, we've seen it with Hunter and Olivia, we've seen it with Andy and Josh, Kat, Ash, Tank, Mick, and now we're seeing it with Colby, Tori and Brody. This may be a bit of an overreaction and I know that I keep on banging on about it, but right now, I don't care, because I'm glad at least someone in the show acknowledging the problem. That said, I'm not entirely sure about his decision to go ahead with his original plan with Raffy, because it could go wrong, but at this point, I'm cheering for the pair of them. 

Okay, rant over. 

Now, I also want to commend Ben for being rather calm and supporting here. I was expecting (and hoping) for him to bash Brody's teeth in, but he showed some impressive restraint. Sophie Dillman was great today, showing Ziggy's grief superbly. I felt really sorry for Ziggy here, and I felt that everything she said to Brody was true. And this may have been unprofessional but I love the death look Maggie was giving Simone. 

Archived