2019 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

There is no way Dean is scared of Colby. That is in no way obvious and without trying to sound nasty, its quite frankly a ridiculous assumption. Plus Colby DID have a lot on his plate due to Bella's constantly running off, skiving school. Yes that was due to Ross but still... Plus Chelsea has just left him, regardless of whether you agree with her leaving him or not, he's still lost his wife, yes through his own actions but still..... Plus Willow wasnt really across ALL of Deans actions either now was she? She knew off Karen because she brought her to Dean but nothing else. And he IS concerned for his best mate and he's allowed to be a bit wary of what he's done when out of it. I think he hasnt showed guilt because he hasnt allowed himself too. But at times he has such as when Willow confronted him when he found out she knew, she asked him if he was okay and he said he had to be for Bella's sake. Plus when he got his gun back last week, he was clearly uncomfortable. We've seen glimpses of guilt. I saw no moral high ground either over his drug taking, just concern.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Shortiepam1987 said:

There is no way Dean is scared of Colby. That is in no way obvious and without trying to sound nasty, its quite frankly a ridiculous assumption. Plus Colby DID have a lot on his plate due to Bella's constantly running off, skiving school. Yes that was due to Ross but still... Plus Chelsea has just left him, regardless of whether you agree with her leaving him or not, he's still lost his wife, yes through his own actions but still..... Plus Willow wasnt really across ALL of Deans actions either now was she? She knew off Karen because she brought her to Dean but nothing else. And he IS concerned for his best mate and he's allowed to be a bit wary of what he's done when out of it. I think he hasnt showed guilt because he hasnt allowed himself too. But at times he has such as when Willow confronted him when he found out she knew, she asked him if he was okay and he said he had to be for Bella's sake. Plus when he got his gun back last week, he was clearly uncomfortable. We've seen glimpses of guilt. I saw no moral high ground either over his drug taking, just concern.

It may just be speculation on my part, because it is not confirmed as that (at least yet), but my opinion was based on what I saw, which was Dean acting very uncomfortable around Colby in their recent scenes since Dean began having the nightmares. It is also comes down to practicability: Dean has just seen his best friend kill a man in cold blood. Wouldn't you feel uncomfortable or even scared around your best mate if he did that? I would, so it's only naturally that he would feel like this. You're right that Colby has, indeed, had a lot to deal with, however, I'm sorry, but yesterday I saw very little concern for Dean from Colby, especially since Colby seemed more upset about Dean almost confessing than him taking drugs. 

1 hour ago, D.B said:

It may just be speculation on my part, because it is not confirmed as that (at least yet), but my opinion was based on what I saw, which was Dean acting very uncomfortable around Colby in their recent scenes since Dean began having the nightmares. It is also comes down to practicability: Dean has just seen his best friend kill a man in cold blood. Wouldn't you feel uncomfortable or even scared around your best mate if he did that? I would, so it's only naturally that he would feel like this. You're right that Colby has, indeed, had a lot to deal with, however, I'm sorry, but yesterday I saw very little concern for Dean from Colby, especially since Colby seemed more upset about Dean almost confessing than him taking drugs. 

Dean is not scared in any way I saw but each to their own. Colby was upset by the way he scared Bella and was clearly scared himself so of course he was concerned. Then Dean revealed what he did whilst out of it and he was concerned but after finding out he had revealed nothing, he was relieved but also extremely concerned by Deans behaviour. He took him to the motel and is staying until he's sorted. Out of love for his best mate but also out of guilt I'd assume. I really feel you are reading too much into it about dean.  

14 minutes ago, Posy said:

Just saying this much is a spoiler. This thread is supposed to be spoiler free for Uk pace.

Sorry. I'll edit my post and remove it.

17 minutes ago, Posy said:

Just saying this much is a spoiler. This thread is supposed to be spoiler free for Uk pace.

Removed. Maybe you should edit your reply too

Okay, jumping in on this: I agree that I don't think Dean is scared of Colby, in the sense that he thinks Colby would hurt him.I think he's possibly uncomfortable around him because it's a reminder of what they did, which Dean is clearly traumatised by and Colby isn't really.I don't have any sympathy for Colby, Dean told him to think about Bella when he had a gun pointed at Ross and that wasn't enough to stop him pulling the trigger, so now he has to deal with that choice.I think he's motivated partly by concern for Dean but also partly by wanting to make sure Dean keeps quiet for his sake.His angry "Do you know what could have happened?!" when he heard about the confession letter shows that he isn't being entirely altruistic here.

Anyway, today! Or to go back a bit, I don't think Dean knew about Brody and Ziggy until he witnessed Ben and Brody arguing, but the news does seem to be moving around the Bay with worrying speed.Tori apparently found out off screen (I guess she couldn't have failed to notice there was a person missing from the house!) but didn't know how bad it was.Whilst I couldn't help nodding a bit at Brody calling her out on her hypocrisy, and I can see Justin's point of view even if I don't entirely agree, I do think Tori was right that Brody should have fought for Ziggy rather than just given up.I guess time will tell whether or not he actually has a future with Simone, but it feels like rejecting the reality for a fantasy.But still, why is Raffy out of the loop, given how many other people know? Even Coco knows (which I was glad about and this storyline has made me miss her, if she was here she'd be right at Ziggy's side), so it only takes one careless text, not to mention Brody and Simone aren't even being discreet, holding hands and kissing in public.Justin's got the Astonis on his back because he decided "It's not our place to tell her" before and in this case he's wrong: If it's his place to tell Leah, it's definitely his place to tell Raffy, given Brody's history of not keeping his promises to tell people things.It shouldn't have gone on this long in the first place, and they definitely shouldn't let her move in without telling her.Justin should be telling Brody "Either you tell her when she gets here or we will."

It'll be disappointing if Ziggy does follow in Dean's footsteps and throw in her apprenticeship just because she's fallen out with Justin.I can't blame Maggie for being frosty with Simone but it felt like she was dragging her over the coals for the wrong thing: Not answering a phone call from Bella out of hours, rather than not being in work when Raffy needed her and arguably contributing to her seizure.I also meant to say, I like that Leah and Justin actually just had a chat in this episode.It's easy for these "friends with benefits" thing to forget the "friends" part and just have sex all the time but they're doing pretty well at it so far.

Raffy staying with the Morgans to get out of the way of the Palmers' drama? Well, fair's fair, I guess. It must have been torture having to wait until the morning, but given they've got a long flight ahead of them, it perhaps doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things.

Think Ben is being very good about this (relatively speaking).  He's shown a lot of restraint so far re Brody.

Whilst I don't like what Brody did to Ziggy, I cheered when he called Tori out (even though I didn't agree that he only ruined his life as he's ruined Ziggy's as well).  Although I found it really annoying when Tori was bitching to Justin about it.  I think her attitude was understandable but given her level of deceit re Robbo I didn't like that she got on her high horse.  So I was glad Justin talked her into being more understanding.

I quite liked the fact that Ziggy was happy to see Dean.  I think those two have a good friendship and I like that Dean is the one supporting her this time.  I was half expecting Dean to mention Brody getting out of shape when he tried to hit on Simone at Salt a while back.

Thinking about this, this storyline has actually been quite realistic.  Brody got involved with Ziggy far too soon.  He was basically a recovering drug addict that partly relied on the relationship to prevent himself from relapsing.  He only married Ziggy after pressure from the Astoni's because they were worried Maggie wouldn't live to see her daughter's wedding when she was suffering from cancer.  The marriage happened far too quickly and I would imagine he was probably under quite a bit of pressure although he couldn't openly express this.  Thinking about it like this, I guess it's not surprising that Simone coming along has effectively offered him a way out and probably explains why he at least thinks he's in love with her.

I still really can't blame Maggie for her attitude towards Simone.  It's going to be extremely difficult for those two to work together.  As I said last week, Maggie must have been tempted to fire her on the spot.  Obviously she knows she can't do that but that episode seemed to suggest that as she can't get rid of her because of the affair, she will either make life difficult for Simone or look for any other employment related excuse to fire her.

Whilst, I for the most part can't stand any scenes with John/Marilyn and Raffy, I haven't minded the stuff with the Palmers and Jett at all.  As he's off screen now though, I would probably be quite happy if they both went to Germany for a bit.

I think we may have been a bit premature in applauding Maggie's professionalism.I don't blame her for hating having to work with Simone, but the situation is what it is, and there's no point saying the students have to come first (and I did love her speech to Simone at the end of the previous episode), then using Bella as a weapon against her in a way that leaves Bella anxious and confused.I don't think it's even as simple as wishing she'd never hired her, because I'm not sure they'd have a support teacher if she didn't.Of course, now Raffy pretty much wants nothing to do with her, which defeats the object considerably.Maggie being frosty towards Tori just because her last name's Morgan seemed even more petty but at least they had a reasonably civil chat later.

So Raffy found out.Well, of course she did.She should have been told a long time ago.I really hope we see Brody come home and face the music rather than Simone getting all the flack.(Also, does no-one own a watch these days?When Simone started looking at her phone, I naturally assumed she was considering phoning someone.It wasn't until later on that I realised she was looking at the time and that was meant to let us know Raffy hadn't turned up to their appointment.)I'm starting to wonder if Ryder's one of these people who has chemistry with girls until they actually get together:It feels like since Raffy became his girlfriend, he and Raffy have had the sort of relationship he used to have with Coco, and he and Bella have had the sort of relationship he used to have with Raffy.As a result, I'm enjoying the latter interaction a lot more than the former.I'm torn between enjoying Raffy and Mason's scenes and wishing they weren't doing something so stupid and illegal.

I'm surprised they had John and Marilyn in the episode for one scene of them dropping Raffy off, but I'm guessing they caught their plane, so that's them joining Alf, Roo, Coco and Robbo on the absent list!

Archived