2019 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Another actually good episode. 

Despite my previous statement as to why they kept it secret, I agree with baywatcher, Justin and Leah hiding away does make for a really good, light-hearted, story. I love that even when Raffy and Ryder arrived the two were having their own private conversation, and Justin gibbering excuses to Raffy was hilarious. It's nice to see both Roo and Raffy supported them, even though I'm not really onboard with Roo's new ship name (Lustin? Seriously?). It's good that both decided to continue with what they had, though Justin seemed a little uncomfortable when Leah said there wasn't any feelings. I crigned a little bit with Leah's voiceover with her blog talking about sex. That was a bit weird. Also, I'm surprised that Roo had no idea that Martha was at the Bay, did Alf not call to tell her at all? I did enjoy the scenes with John and Maz with Ben and Maggie helping them with Jett. Also it looks like that Ziggy may be on the road to being like the girl she was before she came to the Bay. 

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really felt for Jett not wanting Jasmine to change his catheter and when he was watching the ball game.

Leah's blog caused something of a sensation and Lustin almost hit choppy waters as a result but thankfully things got back on track. 

What doesn't chime with me is that Leah wanted some casual fun without anyone knowing, then goes and posts about it in a public blog.  Ok, so she didn't mention who the other person was but she must have realised that she would then come under very close scrutiny from people trying to find out who it is,  especially in a small town like SB.

So Robbo is back.  Sorry but I just can't get on with his character and he was the main reason I stopped watching last time, so I'm hoping that he doesn't have the same effect, as I have been enjoying the show this past few weeks.

10 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Martha did try to get into contact with Roo, she was out of range (thought that's what Martha said)

Yeah but she wasn’t contacting her to tell her she was in the Bay with Alf. She just had an episode and wanted to know Roo was ok (despite not caring for the previous 34 years)

Yeah...  Jett/Jasmine was kind of awkward to watch but kind of realistic.

Good thing Robbo got back before that kid of his grows to be Ryder's age and passes him in the street and the exchange grunts  of "Mornin'", oblivious to each other's identity!?

I think most characters have had a spell when we have disliked them, Leah being the most recent,  Maz has had her moments when too, but Leah redeemed herself by sticking by Tori when everyone else turned on her.  I think if we liked all of the characters all of the time it would be unrealistic, and make them petty boring.

The Justin and Leah scenes were hilarious - Ryder spotted Justin had his t-shirt on inside out and he certainly can't think on his feet can he, his excuse he was at the house to pick up Raffy when he didn't know she would be there was pretty useless too.  Ryder also questioned Leah on her new 'hairstyle'.  Didn't take Raffy long though to work it out, "Oh my God you and Leah have done it!":lol:  Justin totally underestimated the teenage mind when Raffy suddenly burst out with FWB's and I loved her teasing him getting him all embarrassed. She did promise to keep it quite but then the Morgan's are used to keeping secrets.

For all Leah saying she wanted to keep it light, just between them and just have fun why then did she decide to tell all on her blog, did she learn nothing from previously blabbing about Raffy?  No wonder Justin was angry, there aren't many single blokes in the bay who she could be talking about. If that had been the other way round she would have been furious!  Now everyone is going to be speculating which is as she said to Roo is why she and Justin wanted it just to be between the two of them and not get asked how long has it been going on, is it serious etc. I must admit Roo was very discreet when Irene and Jasmine were wondering who it could be. Agree D.B - Lustin - :puke:  As for Justin saying he didn't have any feelings for Leah - to paraphrase my earlier comment - the lord doth protest too much methinks.

Came as a shock to Roo when she found out Martha had been in the bay and neither her or Alf had told her, Alf had managed to get in contact earlier but didn't mention it. I noticed Ryder,  Leah and Marilyn wereall circumspect when Roo asked why Martha had been in the bay, all they said was she had just been visiting. Of course none of them knows, unlike us, Alf is away fishing with Martha. Martha told Alf when she had her episode she didn't want Roo to know she was in the bay.

I can completely see why Jett felt uncomfortable with Jasmine changing his catheter not only is she female but can't be that much older than him, she was very understanding and good idea suggesting she show him how to do it himself.  Great Jasmine persuaded him to go to the gym to build up his upper body strength but expected he would want to push it more than he is currently able.  I was expecting Mason to tell him he know what he is going through, but maybe that will happen soon. John did get a bit protective when the folk in the surf club were staring at Jett, but sadly that is human  nature.  He did look sad watching the people playing outside, too soon to expect him to realise he can still play sport.  Actually the men and women who do play wheelchair sports are a lot more skilled than us able bodied types, not only have they got to play the game they also have to manoeuvre their chairs.  Jett's 'bosses' visit hi to ask what happened at the base, procedure I guess when something like that happens - they addressed him as leftenant - was he following protocol,  etc.

Robbo is back, so he has been listening to his call's well Tori's at least.  Going to be a bit awkward to say the least when he walks in on the ultra sound, could he just do that?  OK Tori has reached the 12 week mark but not wanting to put any dampeners on it still a long way to go.

To start, I again enjoyed Jasmine and Jett's scenes. I get why he was uncomfortable with Jasmine changing his catheter, but she again was very caring here, showing Jett how to take it off himself. I felt really bad for him when he was watching the guys outside the club playing, that must have been really tough. I felt it was a good idea that Mason was helping him at the gym, he knows what Jett is going through, minus the possible PTSD. I again enjoyed Marilyn and John today being really supportive. 

Justin again looks like he's expecting more from his relationship with Leah. On one hand, Leah was right in that they don't have to be together in every decision they make, they're not a real couple, but on the other hand, she really should have known better than post it if she wanted to keep it a secret. Her statement of how they don't need one of them falling in love with the other just seems to be a prediction. Roo was really funny here prompting the two on yesterday, and Justin blabbering excuses to Tori was beyond hilarious. 

Speaking off, does anyone else think that Tori was a bit unintentionally insensitive about wanting Robbo here to Jasmine. Yes this is a hard time for her, with the father not around, I get that, but it's a lot worse for Jasmine, since it's 85% Tori's fault Robbo was AWOL, and Jasmine has been extremely patient and helpful in return. And Robbo has returned to us, though it's bewildering and infuriating that he returned for Tori and the scan instead of his fiance. Apparently Justin has forgotten that Robbo's the one hurt here, as he seems rather judgemental towards him when questioning whether he'll be around. Tori was the one in the wrong here, Justin's judgement is not warranted here. At least Tori did apologise, and actually seemed sincere here. While I'm glad to see Robbo again, I'm just as glad to see Jasmine leaving him hanging; yes she did betray his trust, but he could have at least have called back and told her he was okay. He really messed up here, and he should have known better than to just expect her to welcome her back.  

Well that wasn't awkward at all was it?  One very bemused sonographer just looking from Jasmine, to Robbo to Tori and back again, but to give her her due she dealt with it very well. "Shall I carry on or should we reschedule?" I think Jasmine made the right decision to go.

That song that was being played when Jasmine was on the pier looking at the flat was quite sad, but appropriate for the way she was feeling.  It's called Lost Without You by Freya Ridings.  Robbo didn't say much to Tori but the look on his face when he saw the scan was so moving.  I can see why she didn't want to see him, but I'm glad she did in the end even if it was to tell him she didn't want to get involved again, it needed to be ended properly. He'll need catching up on the happenings since he's been gone.

We and she found out what he had done some of the time, went to see  his mum and dad, first didn't know they were alive, he hadn't mentioned them before and second he hadn't seen them for years.  I suppose his time spent undercover would cover a few years there.  He owned up to receiving all the calls but chose not to respond, though he did to Irene's call when he rang Colby. Just one or two texts to Jasmine saying "I'm OK"' would have  satisfied her and stopped her worrying. Willow, Mason and the rest of team at the gym will be relieved he's back.  I hope he's back for good and fought all the demons he went away to face. He may through the years found it worked for him to cut himself off and work things out on his own.

Aside from Justin having a pop at Robbo, can see his reasoning he doesn't want Tori mucked about,  yes he's forgiven her too, as it seems others have too.  Even Robbo after another grovelling apology from her said it's  happened  now and it can't be undone, they all have to move forward. 

Why, as Roo knows, were Justin & Leah acting so coy, if they wanted to spend time together they can without it meaning anything.  Like you baywatcher I thought Leah was going to come clean, but a feeble excuse about Tori spoiling the surprise and her blabbing on about names was just as bad as Justin's  burblings. Her exclamation of horror when Justin suggested she climb out of the window!:huh:

Loved Brody's response to Irene when she told him he wasn't wasting any time when she saw him with Simone.  It's none of her business what goes on with them.

I have to admit, I found it quite funny when Brody and Simone were casually eating breakfast without a care in the world and it just kicked off.  I think Justin's been really fair to all the parties involved here.  Even the way Simone approached Justin, he was very diplomatic about it.  Whilst I am finding Mason annoying, I can't really blame him for kicking off as I would be exactly the same in his position.  In a way I like the fact that Brody wants to move Simone in without thinking about the consequences.  Even when Justin and Mason went to speak to him about him and he was fairly dismissive he wasn't thinking logically which is consistent with him being an addict.  So as I mentioned before if things don't work out with Simone, it would be very plausible for him to go back on the drugs again.

I loved the way Justin and Leah were trying to covertly arrange a time and place for a bit of hook-up sex.  All I can say with regards to Raffy is that the cannabis must be working as she seemed unrealistically astute when she figured it out.

Funny how it's more power with Leah having no strings attached sex and boasting about it but if it had been the other way round and Justin had bragged about it in his blog he would have been using her and there would have been backlash.

Glad to see Robbo back (It's about time).  Well it looks as though he wants to move past what happened with Tori before.  It will be interesting how things progress with him Jasmine, Tori and the baby.

Archived