7TWO Transmission Discussion

Old H&A Fan

Having been away, I'm not going to respond to other comments that have made in here recently and instead concentrate on the important stuff.

With 7TWO not responding, I went higher up still. As a result, we finally have an official reason as to why the transmissions have stopped...which at least is one of the things we wanted... but the news alongside it isn't good at this moment in time.

http://www.backtothebay.net/news/2017/06/22/home-away-early-years-update/

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dan F said:

Having been away, I'm not going to respond to other comments that have made in here recently and instead concentrate on the important stuff.

With 7TWO not responding, I went higher up still. As a result, we finally have an official reason as to why the transmissions have stopped...which at least is one of the things we wanted... but the news alongside it isn't good at this moment in time.

http://www.backtothebay.net/news/2017/06/22/home-away-early-years-update/

Thank you Dan for taking the time to get us an official response. I imagine you and the other staff at BTTB have worked really hard to sort it out. Really sad news but at least we know now. 

I wonder why they lied about it being off air for only a few weeks though? Oh well, it is what it is. 

7 hours ago, Dan F said:

That's ok. We all moved on a while ago.

Thank you for the (sadly predictable) update and for going to the trouble of getting it! It's not great news but it's good to have some kind of further progress on this and your hard work of writing emails is much appreciated. I'm sure you were very diplomatic but reasonably forceful at the same time. And it's good that people at all levels at Seven are receiving emails from various sources about this. And at least those people who couldn't see the wood for the trees now have an official answer.

So, as I said from the very beginning, Seven were lying to us, and there were never any plans to reinstate the show. The replies they gave to BTTB and anybody else who called in were completely made up (this is how much respect they have for us, the viewers), and this is why I said that with my experience, I knew that insisting on being heard and not accepting their first answer was of utmost importance.

3 hours ago, Blaxland 89 said:

Do we even believe this is the really reason though? They've lied twice already.

Nope, not in the least. This is the channel that:

Promised the Early Years would return after a short break circa 2002. They never did.
Later said that due to "complicated legal reasons", The Early Years could never be repeated again. It was.
And have now lied numerous times about this.

Now, by all means there may be some complication "behind the scenes" that have caused the airings to stop. May be. But if so, why not just say that from the start? Why the coverup? Why did it take so much effort just to get this answer? Sounds to me like "Oh, try telling them this, that'll shut them up."

I know BTTB just likes to stick to the official quotes not offer any opinion, subjective or objective, on how likely these are to be true. However I think we could all benefit from looking at this "statement" from Seven, not in isolation, but as part of the bigger picture, with all the information I included above, and think about how likely it is to be the case.

Well done in getting something resembling a straight answer, Dan.

The cynic in me suspects that the statement is a half-truth and that it's simply a case that the repeat showing has fallen out of favour or hasn't been getting enough ratings to convince the channel to keep going. I suspect that they cleared this last block of episodes and could clear the next block just as easily but don't think it's worth the money they'd have to spend.I imagine it costs a lot less to repeat an old game show than to pay royalties to actors, writers, directors etc.

Archived