7TWO Transmission Discussion

Old H&A Fan

Ok, I think this has gone on long enough. The fact of the matter is, like it or lump it, Channel Seven isn't going to bring back The Early Years if they don't believe that it's doing well with viewers (to clarify, we don't know why The Early Year have been taken off air - it could be a simple transference issue from analogue to digital). Fair - there's three or four people that are having a discussion about it and attempting to muster together support to do something about it online, but three or four people does not a reason to bring the show back make. However, how does it look to the Seven Network when they see that there are viewers outside of Australia (in the UK, the US, across Europe) watching the show, meaning that it's been accessed through means that are, most likely, illegal?

We, here at BTTB, are committed to cataloguing the show's past, present and future, and bringing you news of upcoming characters, stories and events - not only for the fans who love the show and wish to recap on things, but also for the hard-working H&A crew who use our website as a way to keep tabs on what's happened in the past. If I'm being 100% honest, we, the team, have been contacting people far higher up than any letter is going to make it.

And, as for 'experience' in the field, trust me, the BTTB staff have expertise, so please, before you insult us and allude that your experience is above ours, at least put those claims on the back-burner until you've done all your research.

Now, signing the petition is a great idea, and sending letters may be a good start - it worked with bringing A Place to Call Home back after it's cancellation and three years later, it's now filming it's fifth season. We, the team, are working our hardest to get you the answers that you want, but as RR1 said - if you think we're going to lead some crusade against the Seven Network to bring back The Early Years, you're sadly mistaken.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I apologise for the way I spoke to you earlier, I need to take my mind off it all. I was in the wrong and will always admit when I am. Might take me a bit of time to realise but hey I am sorry. 

So I need to take my mind off it and get back to fighting for two things I really believe in, so I will do whatever I can to get Seven to listen to us, but at the same time not treading on the toes of the admins.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

but as RR1 said - if you think we're going to lead some crusade against the Seven Network to bring back The Early Years, you're sadly mistaken.

I think it's already been firmly established BTTB isn't going to do that, so no, I don't think you're going to. I simply suggested it, and offered criticism for not doing so. Which I stand by. I've already explained this umpteen times. Can we stop going round in circles now? I know forum mods like to have the last word but I've already tried to move on from this numerous times and support Skylover with a more positive approach, only to keep getting dragged back into this.

Can I suggest forum staff draw a line under this and move on, for the sake of the atmosphere of this forum. It can't be pleasant for other members. if you want to continue answering back I suggest PM-ing me in order to keep this page on topic.

In other news:

Skylover has just informed me that a petition has been started on Facebook which has already got over 90 signatures!!!

https://www.change.org/p/7two-reinstate-home-and-away-1996-reruns-on-7two

The facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/49559075727/

Let's do it people!

I don't think any of us think that 7 bringing back the early years is likely, but it's worth standing up/fighting for what you believe in. Anything is possible, but it's not if you don't fight for it. (I'm not referring to the BTTB team here, but the entire Early Years viewing commmunity). We need to band together.

As for members outside the UK watching the episodes, just because some members are not based in Australia, does not mean they don't frequent there for work and/or other reasons allowing them to watch the episodes.

I trust BTTB implicitly but any increased support online or by any means is 100% a positive.

4 minutes ago, Skylover said:

I trust BTTB implicitly but any increased support online or by any means is 100% a positive.

Exactly. As I've stated repeatedly, I appreciate their efforts.

After some more research, it seems the guy who is running this petition and FB group, successfully campaigned to have the Early Years of another show reinstated only a few months ago, when the channel in question were dropping it from 5 days a week to 1, and returning to the start. Seems like he did it all himself (with support from fb group members), by writing letters, phonecalls, and even going to the headquarters of the channel. And without any "high up" contacts whatsoever.

Oh, and he doesn't even live in the country it's shown in. :lol:

So things look very positive for us! Certainly not a handful of people struggling to muster up support now. That channel completely reversed their decision after this person repeatedly and forcefully refused to back down. Wish there was a thumbs-up smiley!

I just really hope people support this campaign, I'm dying to see the rest of Pippa's episodes!! Scripted television should not die out in favour of crappy game shows, especially rare repeats of a beloved soap which has launched international careers for many Hollywood stars.

Nearly 200 signatures, good progress is being made. :) 

I don't think a few hundred people signing a petition is going to make Channel Seven change their mind if they've already decided to take it off the air. I wish they'd just be honest. I'll be super sad if I can't see the rest but I'd rather just know. 

7 hours ago, EmmaPanda said:

I don't think a few hundred people signing a petition is going to make Channel Seven change their mind if they've already decided to take it off the air. I wish they'd just be honest. I'll be super sad if I can't see the rest but I'd rather just know. 

As I said in previous post, the guy running the petition already successfully campaigned for another channel to re-instate a show they were cancelling, only a few months ago.

1 hour ago, Shannon Found Skeletons said:

As I said in previous post, the guy running the petition already successfully campaigned for another channel to re-instate a show they were cancelling, only a few months ago.

What show and network, if you don't mind me asking?

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

What show and network, if you don't mind me asking?

It's a series called Take the High Road and the network was STV, I had a message off STV on Twitter inviting me up to the headquarters. So all the members on the forum chipped in so I could afford the trip for myself and my mum. It was a great day and I'm just glad I managed to make a difference

Archived