7TWO Transmission Discussion

Old H&A Fan

10 minutes ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

Guys i just can't believe we're getting this worked up about a TV show!! as i've said before i'd love 1996 back but personally i can't see it happening given the sudden and unexplained stoppage call me a killjoy if you must but i'm just grateful we even got 1988-March 96 that's WAY further than the last rerun

We must try though. It's best to fight for things in life.

30 minutes ago, home and away 1988-2000 said:

however it's best to just leave the admin team to sort things out, they know what there doing and have never let us down before!

Although I have every faith in this website, I can't imagine BTTB alone has the bargaining power to get Network 7 to keep the repeats on the air. Therefore please sign the petition. Doing something proactive is certainly better than not trying. Shannon Found Skeletons may not have gone the right way about it but we must stick together and try and keep the show on air.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, home and away 1988-2000 said:

leave it to the professionals

People who run a fan forum aren't professional (hard working, absolutely). Someone with experience in this field is. Sorry. I'm not trying to sound rude or arrogant, but you're the one who said it, I'm just correcting you.

Yeah, I have an ego. I'm actually awesome in everything I do, which is why I didn't work in viewer feedback for very long. I moved up fast. But I did work in it, and mistakenly thought my expertise would be helpful. If you don't believe me, I don't really care - why would I?

As I shall repeat, I never demanded anybody do anything or tell people how to do their jobs. I just strongly suggested things could be approached differently and questioned some methods, which has already been confirmed by a mod as something that's not against the rules.I also praised the hard work of the site staff numerous times in doing so.  Perhaps I was overly strong-willed in my approach but my intention was to bring everyone together on this issue - something the moderators here have absolutely no intention of doing (and that's not a critisism, it's a demonstrable fact, one which they have already confirmed).

Not going to respond to the Manchester comment, disgusting to even bring that into a discussion about a TV show.

Skylover did  a great job setting up that petition. I hope people will sign it and will also contact the Network on their own as well. Good luck to all

7 minutes ago, Skylover said:

What ways are there to bring more exposure to the petition? I've already shared it on a number of forums, Facebook & Twitter?

ETA: It's not getting much support, I hope people do sign it !

That's really disappointing to hear. Like you said, we can't rely on BTTB alone, they don't have the bargaining power at all.

I hope they do too!

Other ways to bring exposure? Hm.... you could request some of the H&A cast retweet. Not sure they would, but worth a try. If they did, the message would get out to a lot of H&A viewers. I'll have a think, do some mind mapping and see what I can come up with.

It's awesome you are doing this hard work Skylover.

Yep, I agree.

It's a shame they make it so difficult to be contacted by email, but this is obviously the reason why. TV companies don't like receiving negative feedback on things like this, as it all goes into their annual performance review and negative vs positive viewer satisfaction ratio. A lot of people who would otherwise get in touch by email won't bother writing a letter instead, and they know this.

This is something else I learned in my job that I didn't really do :lol:

24 minutes ago, Shannon Found Skeletons said:

People who run a fan forum aren't professional (hard working, absolutely). Someone with experience in this field is. Sorry. I'm not trying to sound rude or arrogant, but you're the one who said it, I'm just correcting you.

Yeah, I have an ego. I'm actually awesome in everything I do, which is why I didn't work in viewer feedback for very long. I moved up fast. But I did work in it, and mistakenly thought my expertise would be helpful. If you don't believe me, I don't really care - why would I?

As I shall repeat, I never demanded anybody do anything or tell people how to do their jobs. I just strongly suggested things could be approached differently and questioned some methods, which has already been confirmed by a mod as something that's not against the rules.I also praised the hard work of the site staff numerous times in doing so.  Perhaps I was overly strong-willed in my approach but my intention was to bring everyone together on this issue - something the moderators here have absolutely no intention of doing (and that's not a critisism, it's a demonstrable fact, one which they have already confirmed).

Not going to respond to the Manchester comment, disgusting to even bring that into a discussion about a TV show.

Skylover did  a great job setting up that petition. I hope people will sign it and will also contact the Network on their own as well. Good luck to all

With regards to the comment about Manchester, I mentioned it because it hit my very hard. I lost two people that I knew in it, I'm starting to get my head round it now though. I just think life is too short and as much as I love Home and Away what with 1996 happening to be my all time favourite year ever, I just don't think it's as important!

7 minutes ago, home and away 1988-2000 said:

I just think life is too short and as much as I love Home and Away what with 1996 happening to be my all time favourite year ever, I just don't think it's as important!

I agree, life is too short not to fight for things you care about. There's always 'what if'. 1996 is your favourite year. I haven't even had the chance to watch 1996. :( I'm hoping people, whether they believe in it or not, will sign the petition/contact 7 at least in support of the other members on here.

I'm sorry to hear about your losses in the attack. Will never understand such acts of cruelty.

3 minutes ago, home and away 1988-2000 said:

With regards to the comment about Manchester, I mentioned it because it hit my very hard. I lost two people that I knew in it, I'm starting to get my head round it now though. I just think life is too short and as much as I love Home and Away what with 1996 happening to be my all time favourite year ever, I just don't think it's as important!

Then you're entitled to that opinion but it doesn't mean you have the right to tell others not to talk about something. Obviously everything in life is on a scale somewhere between not remotely important to extremely important/vital. Doesn't mean we can't be passionate about things because other unrelated things are higher on that scale.

Sorry to hear you lost people. Must be really hard. I have lost people in other circumstances (who hasn't?), but not like that. But I'd never use it an excuse to make people feel bad for talking about unrelated things. Hope you manage to cope a little better each day. Step by step :)

Archived