7TWO Transmission Discussion

Old H&A Fan

We were told a "couple of weeks" by Seven, so we simply passed on the message verbatim. Obviously that's not really an exact window of time. But now that the latest schedules show it to be off-air for at least 4 weeks, we've made further enquiries with another contact far higher up at Seven - who's forwarded our request for clarification directly to 7TWO's programming department. We're awaiting a reply.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Dan F said:

We were told a "couple of weeks" by Seven, so we simply passed on the message verbatim. Obviously that's not really an exact window of time. But now that the latest schedules show it to be off-air for at least 4 weeks, we've made further enquiries with another contact far higher up at Seven - who's forwarded our request for clarification directly to 7TWO's programming department. We're awaiting a reply.

thanks Dan hope it's good news!!

Yeah it was obvious from the start the initial statement was just Seven fobbing off a viewer feedback request. As I said at the time, this is what TV companies do, so that interest dies down and possible complaints are minimized by the time they admit something's not coming back. I'd have pushed the issue and made further inquiries immediately if it was me. Still - good that you're doing this now! Thank you for your hard work.

And technically "a couple of weeks" is an exact window. If they had said "a few" that would be ok. But a couple means exactly 2. So they have already lied about it once. As I said this happened before with the Early Years when they repeated them in 1999. They took it off air, promised it would return, and it never did. I'd really say it's time to fire up a campaign to keep The Early Years on air.

At the end of the day, an overreaction is better than waiting until it's too late.

7 hours ago, Shannon Found Skeletons said:

Yeah it was obvious from the start the initial statement was just Seven fobbing off a viewer feedback request. As I said at the time, this is what TV companies do, so that interest dies down and possible complaints are minimized by the time they admit something's not coming back. I'd have pushed the issue and made further inquiries immediately if it was me. Still - good that you're doing this now! Thank you for your hard work.

And technically "a couple of weeks" is an exact window. If they had said "a few" that would be ok. But a couple means exactly 2. So they have already lied about it once. As I said this happened before with the Early Years when they repeated them in 1999. They took it off air, promised it would return, and it never did. I'd really say it's time to fire up a campaign to keep The Early Years on air.

At the end of the day, an overreaction is better than waiting until it's too late.

Exactly SFS like i said this happened with 1991 Neighbours in 2004 13 years later never seen again this is why i don't hold out much hope for H&A

11 hours ago, Shannon Found Skeletons said:

And technically "a couple of weeks" is an exact window. If they had said "a few" that would be ok. But a couple means exactly 2.

A couple can be used as a non specific but small number - it doesn't have to be used to mean exactly two...

7 hours ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

Exactly SFS like i said this happened with 1991 Neighbours in 2004 13 years later never seen again this is why i don't hold out much hope for H&A

I think this too. If it was coming back anytime soon the would give a return date surely

On 03/06/2017 at 9:12 AM, harrietjames said:

A couple can be used as a non specific but small number - it doesn't have to be used to mean exactly two...

It's supposed to. If people use it incorrectly that's their bad. For a non specific number you should say "A few".

7 misled viewers, giving the impression it would be only be off air for two weeks, knowing full well it would be longer, in order to placate viewers. And look, it worked. Cos nobody seems to care.

Or is everyone waiting until 6 months' time when 7 finally admit it's not coming back and have already fully planned and established their schedules, to make a fuss? When it will be far too late and they won't be interested in doing a thing about it? Or is it better to react now, and if it turns out to be an overreaction in hindsight, then where's the harm?

Archived