7TWO Transmission Discussion

Old H&A Fan

I disagree. Schedules are planned well in advance. In 2 months' time they will already have planned months ahead and if The Early Years isn't part of that plan they're not going to listen to us by that point. I think we need to be heard now while there is still time to re-instate the show should 7 be thinking of retiring it.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Shannon Found Skeletons said:

I disagree. Schedules are planned well in advance. In 2 months' time they will already have planned months ahead and if The Early Years isn't part of that plan they're not going to listen to us by that point. I think we need to be heard now while there is still time to re-instate the show should 7 be thinking of retiring it.

But at this point they'll just say 'it'll be back on in a few weeks'. I'm tempted to write to one/some of the cast members, we could write a petition on Change.org just like when there was news Neighbours could finish, not sure if there'll be much support but we could try.

Hmmm I like your enthusiasm but I  don't think there's much point in petitions, it's better to individually contact 7 about this

You are right - they will send back a generic reply about it returning "in a few weeks." This will be a bog-standard reply which everyone will probably receive exactly the same, or a variation of.

It is at this point they hope you will give up.

It is at this point you have to get back in touch and INSIST on having your views listened to.

Trust me, I used to work in a TV feedback department, I know what I'm talking about. That's how I knew from the offset that the  statement BTTB got from them and posted on their website was bull****.

I have seen memos from higher up advising us to tell viewers decisions have not been made about things when we know they have been. I have seen memos telling call-takers to advise that there are no plans to cancel a show when it's already been decided it will be. I have seen instructions telling teams not to pass on feedback to higher up levels on particular issues unless over a certain number of calls have been taken on the subject. And I know nobody gives a sh** about petitions.

I have also seen decisions reversed when viewers are persistent in their complaints and don't give up and feedback is received in a high enough quantity - and early enough. It is vital not to leave it too late.

4 hours ago, Shannon Found Skeletons said:

Hmmm I like your enthusiasm but I  don't think there's much point in petitions, it's better to individually contact 7 about this

You are right - they will send back a generic reply about it returning "in a few weeks." This will be a bog-standard reply which everyone will probably receive exactly the same, or a variation of.

It is at this point they hope you will give up.

It is at this point you have to get back in touch and INSIST on having your views listened to.

Trust me, I used to work in a TV feedback department, I know what I'm talking about. That's how I knew from the offset that the  statement BTTB got from them and posted on their website was bull****.

I have seen memos from higher up advising us to tell viewers decisions have not been made about things when we know they have been. I have seen memos telling call-takers to advise that there are no plans to cancel a show when it's already been decided it will be. I have seen instructions telling teams not to pass on feedback to higher up levels on particular issues unless over a certain number of calls have been taken on the subject. And I know nobody gives a sh** about petitions.

I have also seen decisions reversed when viewers are persistent in their complaints and don't give up and feedback is received in a high enough quantity - and early enough. It is vital not to leave it too late.

Your post gives serious concern. Yes, we should demand them to continue repeats. If they've managed to do it for 7 years, then what are another 7 years? They should at least show them until late 00s era. That is because, I think, all episodes from that era and later are already somewhere on the Internet.

You'd think as moderators of a fan forum the staff here would be more proactive in helping get something done. They may be busy behind the scenes contacting their "contacts" and trying to push the issue with them? In which case let us know please. Or if you're waiting to hear back or still in discussions, then I still think we should be launching an offensive in the meantime with the moderators help. As I keep saying an overreaction at an early stage is better than losing the show when it's too late to reverse a decision. For the above reasons I'm surprised they are so silent on the issue.

They are, after all, a fan site. Not an official site or substitute for one. They should be more concerned with our side of things than going by official statements from 7. Just my opinion not a criticism of the hard work.

51 minutes ago, Shannon Found Skeletons said:

You'd think as moderators of a fan forum the staff here would be more proactive in helping get something done. They may be busy behind the scenes contacting their "contacts" and trying to push the issue with them? In which case let us know please. Or if you're waiting to hear back or still in discussions, then I still think we should be launching an offensive in the meantime with the moderators help. As I keep saying an overreaction at an early stage is better than losing the show when it's too late to reverse a decision. For the above reasons I'm surprised they are so silent on the issue.

They are, after all, a fan site. Not an official site or substitute for one. They should be more concerned with our side of things than going by official statements from 7. Just my opinion not a criticism of the hard work.

Currently, we are doing everything we can at the moment to find answers for the loyal fans.

7 hours ago, Matt said:

Currently, we are doing everything we can at the moment to find answers for the loyal fans.

Great, so like I said, while that's going on, shouldn't you be organizing some kind of campaign and getting us all involved?

As I've clearly stated in numerous posts now, getting "answers" from 7 is meaningless. THEY need to be getting feedback from US. I'm not interested in waiting weeks so that BTTB can say they have "official word" on the subject. They need to be in this thread, with us, sorting an offensive (and of course still working to find answers as they already are).

Why is no-one rallying to do anything?

Archived