7TWO Transmission Discussion

Old H&A Fan

For me I'll be really upset if I don't get to see the rest of the episodes featuring Curtis, Shannon, Pippa and Selina as I'm genuinely invested in those characters. Luckily I'll get to see nearly all of Jack's episodes. I's also like to see what the teen gangs are like between 1996-1999.

The current early years episodes literally feel like the biggest high point in the repeats since the beginning of 1990 so taking them off would be a massive shame.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

I digitise analog tape in my spare time and i can tell you it takes A LOT of time and effort (of course i'm speaking  about consumer VHS and Betamax which can hold between 3-8 hours of footage) 7 obviously haven't digitised these episodes yet as they've not been repeated on TV i could be wrong but i'm fairly sure  Shane's death was shown in the UK recently?

Yes, Channel 5 showed the aftermath of Shane's death (ie the musical montage episode) a few years back and at least 2 episodes with one more available online from 1997-2000.

The other episode they showed from 1996 was Don and Marilyn's wedding and the online only episode was Michael's funeral.And as I mentioned, they also showed Angel's last episode from 1996 a few years later.

I believe a lot of television companies are converting their archives to digital format as a matter of course whether they have plans to repeat them or not, simply because it takes up less space than having a huge warehouse full of massive tape spools.To be honest, especially after having Channel 5 twice cut short their own ongoing reruns when there were no practical or legal reasons not to continue, I doubt there's any legal or practical reasons for it to be taken off here.And of course, we are only assuming at this point that the break is indefinite and they don't have concrete plans to bring it back in the near future.

5 hours ago, Conan said:

According to a random post on facebook - someone called channel 7 and they were told that it wouldn't be back until "late in the year" ? 

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1416114971767840&id=371306162915398

I wouldn't go taking that as gospel people can just get on the internet and lie (example i could say it's coming back tomorrow and there's no way to prove it) personally i don't hold out much hope given there's no sports coverage/other event to explain the stoppage i still remember TEN stopping 1991 Neighbours in 2004 and here we are 13 years later and still nothing

Archived