7TWO Transmission Discussion

Old H&A Fan

50 minutes ago, Shannon Found Skeletons said:

Great, so like I said, while that's going on, shouldn't you be organizing some kind of campaign and getting us all involved?

As I've clearly stated in numerous posts now, getting "answers" from 7 is meaningless. THEY need to be getting feedback from US. I'm not interested in waiting weeks so that BTTB can say they have "official word" on the subject. They need to be in this thread, with us, sorting an offensive (and of course still working to find answers as they already are).

Why is no-one rallying to do anything?

No, we shouldn't. Speaking purely as an individual and not on behalf of anyone else connected with this site, I don't see BTTB as some sort of militant fan protest group.We're not an organised movement designed to make demands of Channel 7 or anyone else involved with the making and broadcast of the show.We're simply a fan site dedicated to cataloguing the show's history, reporting on its present and future, and providing a forum for fans to discuss the programme.

Now I have every sympathy for those who are frustrated by the repeats being removed from the schedule indefinitely.If you want to make your feelings about it known to Channel 7, then that's a good thing.If you want to encourage others to do the same, then fair enough.And I'm sure there are plenty of BTTB members, staff and otherwise, who would like clarification on this matter.(Speaking personally, I find that if you get a vague response, you should reply to it and try and get them to give you more information, ideally whilst remaining polite but making your feelings on the matter clear.)But please, if you're expecting BTTB to spearhead some sort of campaign against Channel 7, then I'm afraid the likelihood is you're going to be disappointed.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so sorry to the rest of the staff. I was trying very hard to be as reasonable and inoffensive as possible. Apparently I failed.

1 hour ago, Shannon Found Skeletons said:

I like how you over dramatised what I'm suggesting so you can belittle it and say you shouldn't be helping.

Please explain to me exactly how you feel I misrepresented you and what you think I should be saying and doing different.To be frank, when you use phrases like "sorting an offensive" and "Why is no-one rallying to do anything?", I'm not sure if it's even possible to over dramatise it.

46 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Please explain to me exactly how...

No, because this is all detracting from the subject at hand.

Looks like it's down to us folks. There's clearly an "us" and "them" mentality between the members and the mods here. I can hear almost hear them bitching in their private forums as we speak. "Someone dares to question how we do things!? How do we handle this!?"

I'm so sorry to the rest of the staff. I was trying very hard to be as reasonable and inoffensive as possible. Apparently I failed.

Wow, giving my opinion and suggestions on moderator involvement - just because they had some critisisms along with praise - actually required very hard effort to be reasonable and inoffensive in a reply? I'd hate to see how you'd cope if someone was actually trying to be destructive and negative as opposed to working toward a common goal but just daring to question the methods of others involved as part of that. As I said, we all want the same thing. I'm trying to bring everyone together on this topic. But yeah. Us and Them.

1 hour ago, sindikatas said:

I wish there were more reactions than 'like' on this forum :D

Totally! :lol:

11 minutes ago, Shannon Found Skeletons said:

No, because this is all detracting from the subject at hand.

Looks like it's down to us folks. There's clearly an "us" and "them" mentality between the members and the mods here.

Not at all, I wish you luck even if you consider me "the enemy".But you're quite right, I'm afraid if you want to organise something then that is down to you, not something you can demand from anyone else.

Again:

4 hours ago, Shannon Found Skeletons said:

I'm not interested in waiting weeks so that BTTB can say they have "official word" on the subject. They need to be in this thread, with us, sorting an offensive (and of course still working to find answers as they already are).

Bordering on being a demand if not actually one.Of course you're allowed to say whatever you like within the board rules, although it's unfair to criticise the staff simply because they're not doing what you want them to do.Especially if you then proceed to cut the conversation short when asked for clarification.

Again, sorry to everyone, I know I'm dragging us very off topic but frankly it was going that way anyway.

I think it's very important to realise that the staff of this site work very hard in order to maintain its high standard. If you feel especially strongly about the repeats I'm sure BTTB would be happy for you to lead a campaign for them? I also think BTTB has a good relationship with the show which is why they could be hesitant in launching some kind of campaign.

Going by Channel 7's website, here are contact details for anyone wishing to contact/complain - I would strongly urge any members to phone this number if they reside in Australia.

Phone - (02) 8777 7777, fax is also available (02) 8777 7180.

The postal address is Seven Network, PO Box 777, Pyrmont, NSW 2009.

I don't feel it is the sole responsibility of this site to campaign however I do agree with @Shannon Found Skeletons that we as members should fight to keep the repeats going if we can so if anyone has the time to phone/write to 7 I think we can be happy knowing we have fought for what we believe in.

ETA: I have found no email address but the site I was reading says 7 often do not respond to emails.

Archived