7TWO Transmission Discussion

Old H&A Fan

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, sindikatas said:

As far as I'm concerned no page is more reliable than BTTB on the matter so the news from that 'official' page means nothing to me.

It's not news from people who run that page, it's news from members of the public in Australia who have contacted Network 7. So it's all just as relevant. None of us work in commissioning programming for Network 7 as far as I'm aware so any information is good to know.

I read on the Early Years Facebook group that someone had contacted Seven and they said that it had 'run it's course'. I was really looking forward to watching 96-00 again. Obviously very happy that they continued showing it right up until Shane's death but still very disappointed if it really won't be back.

4 hours ago, alexx said:

still very disappointed if it really won't be back.

It won't be, unless people speak up now instead of waiting God-knows how long for BTTB to get back to them with an answer, by which point it will be far too late.

Are you in Australia Alex? Perhaps -if you wanted to, of course - you could call them and express your concerns, and don't stop at the first "explanation" you are given. Be insistent that your views are listened to, taken seriously and passed on. :)

3 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

I just rang Brisbane Chanel 7 up and very nice guy said it be back in couple of months!. 

That's excellent news j.laur5. However, this pick-n-mix of different answers from different people is typical of a situation where switchboard staff have either been kept in the dark by higher-ups, or been told to lie to viewers. (Remember, they said a couple of weeks, originally. Now it's months... other people are being told end of the year, other people being told it's run its course...)

I still think it's better to fight hard for the show's return until we know for sure one way or the other.

That's awesome that you phoned them - well done!

8 minutes ago, Blaxland 89 said:

Has there even been given an honest reason why it has benn taken off in the first place? I wish they would just be truthful. Is whatever has replaced it being watched by more viewers? 

Put this way guy I spoken gave  me  impression I was not first person that rang up.

20 minutes ago, Blaxland 89 said:

Has there even been given an honest reason why it has benn taken off in the first place?

No. Just usual switchboard clap-trap. "Giving it a rest", etc. This is why people need to be persistent because networks rely on viewers to take these answers at face value and then go away, instead of demanding further explanation. :)

Archived