7TWO Transmission Discussion

Old H&A Fan

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, BradF said:

It would be interesting to know if they could put the episodes up on Plus7 without broadcasting them, if that would avoid additional costs?

I'm no expert but I suspect that would still be regarded as replaying.

14 minutes ago, Blaxland 89 said:

Shame that they'll just go on the shelf now. If they are not going to repeat them would a DVD release be anh cheaper? Is it something we could ask? 

I'd pay a couple of grand just for 1996-1999 :o 

I would certainly pay for 1996-2000 my entire favourite era of the show. It makes sense though that 1921 onwards has most likely run out given the fact it's where ITV 2 started in 2000 and it's also don't forget where Living jumped too on the 2nd April 2001, after ending on 707 and jumping to Episode 1921. So yeah it really does make sense. Chances are 1876-1920 are fine to broadcast but they haven't 

So even if another channel/country has paid additionally for the rights to broadcast those eps, they still count towards a repeat showing just the same as if Seven had shown them with no additional costs?

I agree that I'd probably pay for the DVDs... but we are in a tiny minority. And DVD production is pretty expensive. So I don't think it would be worth their while. An option might be to make the episodes available to purchase for download.

Thanks for clarifying and the update, Dan and co! This reminds me of Heartbreak High which was being released on DVD until they reached the 1996 episodes and faced agreement issues due to music rights (the show played a lot of Australian music from Mushroom Records from 96-onwards). As a result they had to stop releasing the rest of the series, when people asked the distribution company what was going on, they explained and said it certainly wasn't due to a lack of demand it was simply a rights issue.

Really frustrating, I'm going to miss the Early Years a lot!

I am also questioning how can a number of possible repeats be exceeded if the repeats were done in the UK and not in Australia? Did the UK really blow all the chances? Surely they could be shown if some other country bought 1996-2000?

Is it possible that contractual obligations would expire after some time and they would be able to play the episodes after all even if that happens 20 years later?

Archived