7TWO Transmission Discussion

Old H&A Fan

Someone on Facebook said they have contacted Umbrella Entertainment letting them know that there is a market for 1996-1999 Home and Away following the repeats being taken off air. Would new contracts have to be drawn up if episodes were going to be released on DVD, does it count as a 'repeat'?

Anyway, the email address for entertainment service Umbrella is customerservice@umbrellaent.com.au

Perhaps if a lot of us email them they may consider releasing the episodes on DVD?

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ETA: How many times have the 1996-1999 episodes been screened? The original time, then the Living repeat? Or was there a repeat on ITV2 in the early 2000s too? Has there ever been an Australian repeat on 7 before for those episodes?

Would ITV be prohibited from airing the 1996 episodes they presumably have?

I contacted ITV a long time ago about the possibility of them repeating those episodes and they told me their rights had expired, meaning they had reverted to the Australian copyright holders.(Which is why 5* have broadcast some of them.)

Knowing Five, those idiots will start playing the ones they've already trotted out as Summer fillers. I don't mind the 2000 Season as long as it's the point BEFORE Five's acquisition which was still a pretty hot period (Jesse on the run, Gypsy off the rails, Nash family imploded, Edward/Huntingdon's, etc

Last time five showed the 2000 Season on Five Star they chickened out and gave some feeble-ass excuse.

4 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Knowing Five, those idiots will start playing the ones they've already trotted out as Summer fillers.

To be fair to them, on the two occasions they have shown episode from before mid-2000, they have all been episodes they haven't shown before.They did have a reputation for churning out the same 00s episodes each year though (2008 finale, Jack and Martha's wedding, 2004 olympic cliffhanger...).

7 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

^ I think Living picked up 1996 from 1921 (titles overhaul with Angel getting 2nd billing behind Pip)  and ran with it until Trouble go their mitts on the show.

Can anyone clarify?

Yes I remember that. They also had those two catch up episodes before hand with clips from 1991 to 1996 narrated by Kate Ritchie. 

Archived