7TWO Transmission Discussion

Old H&A Fan

4 hours ago, home and away 1988-2000 said:

After trouble dumped it back in December 2002, Living picked it back up for another 3 months from January 2003 but in the graveyard slot of 2am then presumably when they reached the end of the eps they had it was axed altogether 

There must be decent recordings of those repeats somewhere. I know high quality recordings of Neighbours from original 2004 broadcasts exist. I appreciate that is slightly earlier but you'd think someone at the time might have had the incentive to record them if they anticipated how unlikely it was they'd ever be repeated again!

ETA: I just had a thought - if there are restrictions on how many times an episode can be played due to the original contractual agreements, how has 7TWO managed to play some of the 1995/6 episodes if Channel 5 have played the odd one during their Summer specials?

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Shannon Found Skeletons said:

I still think there's something really weird about the fact we couldn't have been told the "real" reason to begin with. Why the lie about it coming back in 2 weeks followed by subsequent lies?

They obviously didn't want to be bombarded with complaints.

Now the contractual reasons have been cited I just think we'll never see those episodes again. This really ***** me off about soaps. It's just so rare to be able to see the episodes again. The BBC makes EastEnders for the public yet none of the episodes of that get repeated despite the fact WE paid for them to be made! And H&A has pretty much castrated itself in terms of repeats due to the era the episodes were made in. I guess at that time they never knew the television industry would become so vast and viewing habits would become diverse beyond all comprehension.

ETA: I'm not gonna let this go without a fight. I'm gonna write to Channel 5 tonight and ask them if they've thought about repeats.

2 hours ago, Shannon Found Skeletons said:

True, I did say at the time that's what they were doing and why they were doing it.

I think that much is obvious.

Do you know what though - I'm just so grateful we got 1988-1995 in full, that is a very impressive run if you think about it. Plus I got all the Jack episodes and I can watch them as much as I like now :wub: I might go back to 1988 and do another re-watch.

We must still fight for 1996 though. I might write to Umbrella Entertainment and Channel 5 tonight.

13 hours ago, Shannon Found Skeletons said:

Why the lie about it coming back in 2 weeks followed by subsequent lies?

It may not have been a lie - the intention may have been to get it back on air within a couple of weeks - then they realised that they couldn't.

19 hours ago, Skylover said:

They obviously didn't want to be bombarded with complaints.

Now the contractual reasons have been cited I just think we'll never see those episodes again. This really ***** me off about soaps. It's just so rare to be able to see the episodes again. The BBC makes EastEnders for the public yet none of the episodes of that get repeated despite the fact WE paid for them to be made! And H&A has pretty much castrated itself in terms of repeats due to the era the episodes were made in. I guess at that time they never knew the television industry would become so vast and viewing habits would become diverse beyond all comprehension.

ETA: I'm not gonna let this go without a fight. I'm gonna write to Channel 5 tonight and ask them if they've thought about repeats.

In the BBC defence (Yes, I'm actually saying this, I need HELP), they did repeat Enders up til the 2006 season on UK Gold/Gold/Watch

Archived