2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

The babies playing Grace are starting to look very different to each other, in today’s episode she had a head full of blonde locks during they scene with Lewis and Jasmine outside the Surf Club, then inside Salt, Marilyn was holding Grace but she had thin, mousy brown hair.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Nephlim14 said:

Okay, then what made you so sure Dean wasnt aware of this

Mainly the befuddled way he was trying to sort everything out, having left it all to Colby until now. It's also a running joke that the flat never has any food in it, although that's been going on since way before he was making the decisions.

Alf's episode count this week:Five!

I was not too impressed with Ziggy here.I mean, not that everyone else was perfect.Mackenzie putting pressure on her to get back with Dean was unfair, and she's told Dean repeatedly that they're not getting back together so he really should stop thinking they will.But otherwise Mackenzie was spot on and Ziggy was taking the coward's way out.She lost the right to bellow "This is none of your business!" when she started sleeping with Tane in the house she shares with Mackenzie and expecting her to keep it from Dean.I kind of wish Mackenzie had told him, but Ziggy got there in the end.(Well, maybe: All we know for sure is she told Dean there's someone else.)

I'm starting to wonder why Christian puts up with Tori.Penny McNamee's been saying in interviews that she told the producers to give Tori a love interest who was grown up and in control of his life, but unfortunately Tori isn't really able to match up.Her obsessing over the worst case scenario was bad enough, but to then turn on Christian when it turns out nothing's wrong? To be honest, it was unfair of Justin to put Christian in the loop like that.

I'm getting rather confused with this surf club presidency.Surely it's not going to go to a public vote? It's going to be down to the surf club committee or at most the members? So why are John and Susie handing out flyers to random people? Why are Alf and John both rushing to help Leah and Justin as if they could be crucial swing votes?

Nothing really interesting happened there for me Ziggy and Tane I don't like them. Mainly the whole way Ziggy moves on so quickly is quite a insult and distasteful after how long she was with Dean but anyway

Tori you really are beyond annoying 

Alf and John and the battle of the club cou be amusing 

2 hours ago, pembie said:

Nothing really interesting happened there for me Ziggy and Tane I don't like them. Mainly the whole way Ziggy moves on so quickly is quite a insult and distasteful after how long she was with Dean but anyway

To be fair she's got together with Dean few weeks after she broke up with Brodie (and she's been with Brodie for a while), and it's been months now that she's not with Dean. Ziggy made it clear from the start that there was no going back, so she's allowed to move on. However I wish that the writers would give her more independent storylines, but then again there are people who just have to be in a relationship. 

13 hours ago, c120701 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The babies playing Grace are starting to look very different to each other, in today’s episode she had a head full of blonde locks during the scene with Lewis and Jasmine outside the Surf Club, then inside Salt, Marilyn was holding Grace but she had thin, mousy brown hair.

Spoiler

I noticed this too! You can see they cut the scene quite quickly after that haha! 

Thank God no-one is perfect, that'd be sooo boring.  I thought Mac was putting pressure on Ziggy to tell Dean she'd got someone new not to get back with him.?    Mac told Ziggy Dean was under the impression Ziggy was thinking about getting back with him due to him misunderstanding what she said about starting again. 

To be fair Ziggy can yell at anyone she likes, it's her house, but I get what you mean, she's expecting Mac to keep it a secret from Dean until she felt up to doing it.  Her excuse being it'd be too soon after the news about Colby being in  the paper, but even Tane, who I don't think usually, would be bothered about how a girlfriend's ex would feel, urged her to tell Dean now.  

With Ziggy and Brody, Ziggy had been cheated on and they'd were married, it was a bit of a slow burn with Ziggy and Dean and we know for sure they were a couple for a year at least as he gave her that necklace to celebrate their anniversary.   Ziggy is coming across as someone who needs another someone in their life. She thought Jarod was still her boyfriend, but found him cheating on her, then she hooked up with Brody who also cheated on her so to give her her due she hasn't cheated on Dean. 

Considering how serious it could have been with Justin and his tumour I'm not surprised Tori started thinking the worst,  they all believed it was OK after the first op and he did cover up how much pain he was in at Grace's Birthday, downside  of being a doctor I guess.  I don't think Justin had much option but to let Christian in on it, at least it stopped him asking questions.   I thought it looked like Tori was more annoyed about the type of party Leah & Justin had arranged. Christian had only just been told.

Well, gotta be more than John and Alf on the committee, is it just them who have a vote or do the members get a look in?  It'll probably come down to 'us' seeing a few random blokes - be blokes of course? -  being canvassed/harangued by John or Alf why they should vote for them. 

Discussion of today's episode:

Tori continued to be hard work but at least she was quickly convinced to go along to the party and enjoy herself.Justin's singing was good. (But what was he doing with the microphones? He seemed to point both at the guitar, then next shot one's suddenly pointing at him.) I'm on the fence of Christian and Lewis' argument.Obviously Christian shouldn't be operating while drunk, but I'm not sure whether or not one sip would be a deal breaker, and they need to have a better alternative than "not operate": Is there another surgeon around to step in? Would a blood test show whether Christian's fit to operate or not? Grace looking singularly unimpressed with both Jasmine and Lewis! (I notice that, after only using a full babies for Grace recently, there was a whole army credited on this episode again.)

It was a shame Mackenzie looked like the bad guy for keeping Ziggy's secret, but fortunately that seemed to just be promo fodder and they got over it quickly.In fact, Dean showed pleasing maturity throughout in accepting the situation.Did he really manage to wander through the engagement party set-up and buy a box of beer without Mackenzie noticing?

"Oh, it's only Mr Stewart"

"Tough room" lol

Nice camerawork spinning 90° from behind Lewis who was wanting to fly-kick Christian's head off. Talking of Christian...

There's no effing point in Cliffhangers anymore if they're gonna give away the resolution in the next ep promo!!!!????

Stop it 

6 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

It was a shame Mackenzie looked like the bad guy for keeping Ziggy's secret, but fortunately that seemed to just be promo fodder and they got over it quickly.In fact, Dean showed pleasing maturity throughout in accepting the situation.Did he really manage to wander through the engagement party set-up and buy a box of beer without Mackenzie noticing?

From what I recall, Mac was one of the main people encouraging Dean to keep pursuing Ziggy. Also she is his sister. If she knew he was being mislead, she should have spoke up, to hell with Ziggy's entitled self. 

Also barging into his house like that was rude. I dont care if she's family, youve got no business bursting into his house and telling him how to process, especially since she's not even handling Mia that well herself.

Dean may have loved Ziggy I'm not so sure she loved him though and I'm sure when she breaks up with Tane she will move on quickly again 

Not sure when Justin had time to do some song writing but it was a pretty nice song 

Grace looked very grumpy when Jasmine asked her what she thought of Lewis 

I would advise Tori to enjoy Christian while she can because I'm starting to think Lewis is on to something and Christian might be a bit of a dodgy doctor or maybe just very unlucky 

Archived