2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Oh Red, you and I had the same wicked thought regarding Lewis and  Christian's patient. ?  Not related to Cameron in Holby is he?,?  Lewis had seemed to take a particular interest in Mr. Wilson the day before, probably because he had the same brain injury as Anna  and if he Lewis, had been on night duty took the opportunity to do something  he shouldn't have.   But it looked like he and Jas walked in at the same time. Tori is right as was Jasmine a secondary aneurysm can happen without warning, even Lewis must acknowledge that.  Or he would if he wasn't blinded by what had happened before.  He is slowly casting doubt about Christian's ability in Jasmine's mind.  I don't know if they would have a pm seeing as the patient was under hospital treatment at the time of his death and there was no evidence of foul play.  To me Christian reacted just as any conscientious doctor would. 

Justin and Leah's dispute seemed to get resolved pretty quick, so how were things left? 

Bless him, John just wanted to  'show off' his new lady  to someone  and unfortunately for him Dean was the 'lucky' guy.  Maybe not be a deep, dark one, but Susie has to have a past. 

I'm not sure how much influence Bella thought Lewis had inside, he was 'only', no offence, an agency nurse and would have only seen Colby in the infirmary so her losing it made no sense.  Yes she is acting bratty but she feels she has no control which is tough for an adult so has to worse for a 18 year old  and she's scared for him. Wouldn't Bella have to wait for or request  a  VO instead of just rocking up  to see Colby?  

Dean does have a mind of his own so didn't have to take Bella to the prison.  He just listened to John, who can be persuasive when he tries and made his own mind up. He did  as he told he would took her to the gate and was ready to leave her there and wait until the guard told them Colby was in solitary so wasn't able to have visitors. 

14 hours ago, Nephlim14 said:

I dont know why everyone was so surprised by Dean calling in the River Boys.

Where did you get this 'everyone' from?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, H&Alover said:

Oh Red, you and I had the same wicked thought regarding Lewis and  Christian's patient. ?  Not related to Cameron in Holby is he?,?  Lewis had seemed to take a particular interest in Mr. Wilson the day before, probably because he had the same brain injury as Anna  and if he Lewis, had been on night duty took the opportunity to do something  he shouldn't have.   But it looked like he and Jas walked in at the same time. Tori is right as was Jasmine a secondary aneurysm can happen without warning, even Lewis must acknowledge that.  Or he would if he wasn't blinded by what had happened before.  He is slowly casting doubt about Christian's ability in Jasmine's mind.  I don't know if they would have a pm seeing as the patient was under hospital treatment at the time of his death and there was no evidence of foul play.  To me Christian reacted just as any conscientious doctor would. 

Justin and Leah's dispute seemed to get resolved pretty quick, so how were things left? 

Bless him, John just wanted to  'show off' his new lady  to someone  and unfortunately for him Dean was the 'lucky' guy.  Maybe not be a deep, dark one, but Susie has to have a past. 

I'm not sure how much influence Bella thought Lewis had inside, he was 'only', no offence, an agency nurse and would have only seen Colby in the infirmary so her losing it made no sense.  Yes she is acting bratty but she feels she has no control which is tough for an adult so has to worse for a 18 year old  and she's scared for him. Wouldn't Bella have to wait for or request  a  VO instead of just rocking up  to see Colby?  

Dean does have a mind of his own so didn't have to take Bella to the prison.  He just listened to John, who can be persuasive when he tries and made his own mind up. He did  as he told he would took her to the gate and was ready to leave her there and wait until the guard told them Colby was in solitary so wasn't able to have visitors. 

Where did you get this 'everyone' from?

I was speaking generally. And John didnt "just talk" to Dean. He guilt tripped and made him feel liike he was moraally obligated to go in the prison with Bella.

It was that typical type of dialogue where if the character doesnt do what theyre expected to do, theyre the ba guy in the situation. Outside of a soap opera, it borders on emotional blackmail.

On 03/03/2021 at 00:21, Nephlim14 said:

From what Ive read about them, the River Boys are more about the sense of family/brotherhood than about commiting crimes

That might be what Dean says but he's always had a rose-tinted view of them. Brax pretty much just treated them like disposable storm troopers.

10 hours ago, H&Alover said:

I don't know if they would have a pm seeing as the patient was under hospital treatment at the time of his death

In this country, that's exactly when they're required by law to have a post-mortem. I assume it's similar in Australia.

Well, I'm not entirely sure we needed this dog leg on the end of Colby's storyline, since it did pretty much end when he went to jail, but I guess playing the "I don't want you to visit me" card is a way to let the other characters move on and forget about him.So, seems like he used the River Boy solution to his bullying problem.It's a solution, albeit one that's likely to see him spend even more time in jail. It was a bit odd that he got the guard to pass on a letter to Dean so he could pass it on to Bella (and how did Martinez know who Dean was anyway?), but I guess he didn't want Bella reading it outside the prison.

Other than Colby, it seems everyone's being shepherded back into town after the season break, with Ryder and Nikau returning here.I liked the byplay between Ryder and Mackenzie: He does seem to forget he's an employee at times but it's just his way.And of course the introduction of Chloe.Not sure what to make of her, she seems simultaneously feisty and flighty.Ari describing her as his stepdaughter is somewhat out of the blue, despite Dean's observation that he never talked to him about his family.Hopefully we'll find out what the story is there soon.

Alf and Irene talking about Kieran kind of hammered home the fact that we haven't seen him in ages.

Colby the dope has gone finally  I'm not going to miss him I only really liked him when he was battling Angelo 

Bella I'm sure will be better off without him as will Dean 

Ari having a step daughter I'm not sure how that works their family history really is confusing but yeah it felt like the writers were starting off their new stories today so maybe the show will be OK again 

I thought the opposite Red about having a pm for someone who had a tricky procedure/op, it wasn't suspect in any way.  Anyways we'll probably not know if one was done or not.

Brax did indeed treat the rest of the RB as minions, he even did it with Heath. 

I guess we are meant to take it as read it was Colby that stabbed that other guy hence him being in solitary.  We didn't actually see him do it, just the knife in someone's hand and then falling to the ground and all he had was bloody knuckles.  Would the prison keep him in solitary for the full time he'll be banged up? If he did kill that other guy wouldn't that mean another trial?

Bella, of course, wouldn't have any idea how it all works in prison, that is why she couldn't get her head round the fact she couldn't see him and the guard wouldn't/couldn't tell her anything.  Did Colby have some premonition Dean would be there with Bella and would turn up on that day so he could arrange to give Martinez the note to give to Dean so he could pass it on to Bella?? At least there is one person on Colby's side.?  Maybe when Colby gave Martinez the note he said to ask if guy with her was Dean, if she was alone not to hand it over.?

Once she has calmed down and thinking more clearly Bella could ring the prison and hopefully get more information.  

Dean showed real discretion and good timing by not giving the note to Bella when he was going to as Nikau made his reappearance, she needed him more right then.  Touching scene when he had handed it over and she was reading it on the pier and Dean was standing behind her, just being there for her.

Nice to see Ryder back and just like him to be wearing his rosette.? He'd been back since the night before from what was said about him having met Kieran though we didn't see it, I would have liked to have seen that meeting. Don't fret Red Kieran is in it tonight.?  Yes,  Chloe, Ryder did absolutely the right thing by asking for her ID, she could well be 18, but equally she could be 16 or 17.  She did know how to mix a cocktail though. Then the added surprise/shock she came back from NZ with Nik and she's Ari's step daughter.  if I remember right Tane, I think, mentioned Ari having had a lady before he went inside when they were talking abut Mack moving in.  Be interesting to see Bella's reaction.  Mack was somewhat nonplussed but seemed very calm about it.  Fair enough that what happened in Ari's past is in his past but a step daughter is another matter meaning the relationship between him and Chloe's mum had been pretty serious. 

Lovely reunion between Nik and Ari, they've come a long way since they first arrived in the bay, they would have been more inclined to hit each other back then.   Might be nothing but had Nik hidden his pendant for  a reason when he met up with Chloe, he had it proudly on show before and after or was it a continuity error?

I hope they go somewhere with Ryder/Chloe. And as long as she's not a tie-you-to-the-bed while your rabbit's cookin' on the stove type, I can dig it.?  Had he served her sans ID, Mack would have torn strips off him 

"Best in show?"

"Ruff!"

(That would have been a funnier line, tbh)

Kieran on the wagon was gonna last about as long Ferrero Rochers with me in the room... Shame nobody was there to pull rank and send him home as he would be a liability.

That conversation between Ziggy and Mackenzie asked a lot of the questions the audience had, although not all of them were answered. So we know that Chloe's mother is alive, that she broke up with Ari when he went to jail, and that she just took Chloe off without saying goodbye to anyone.I seem to recall it being implied that all the Paratas (ie the three brothers, Gemma and Nikau) were living together at the time (Nikau recalled the police coming to the house to arrest Ari), so were Chloe and her mother there too? Ari's in a bit of a difficult situation but his conditions for Chloe staying were reasonable.I'm not entirely happy with his shutting Mackenzie out and having the welcome home dinner without her, although she could have called as well.

I want to call Ryder/Nikau/Bella/Chloe a new teen group, then I remember at least half of them aren't teens...I like Ryder but I would never call him cool!

Kieran has well and truly fallen off the wagon and isn't fooling anyone.Well, except maybe Martha, who still thinks they're going to be one big happy family.

I was not expecting Ziggy and Tane's hook-up to be a dream.I'm assuming them meeting in Salt wasn't a dream, since the scene seemed to include important stuff about Mackenzie?

The talk Ari had with Chloe told us a lot about Ari's past and his and Chloe's mum relationship. He did what Colby is doing now, cut himself off from family and friends.  The we/I did it to 'protect you' line is an old one but Chloe was a child and prison is no place for a child to be visiting, working out her age then and the time Ari was inside, eight years,  did tally that she is now 18.  Her mum, would it be a spoiler to say her name is Mia, maybe took it too far and whisked Chloe away and wouldn't tell her anything, even when she was older and able to understand.  She may have thought it was for the best but all it did was leave Chloe thinking Ari didn't care for her any more. It seemed from what Chloe said she just let her think Ari had deserted them.  I'm sure he will tell Mac the whole story and we'll be able to eavesdrop.  Ziggy, I think, did ask Mac why she didn't ring Ari and she said she didn't want to be one of those women.   

Must have been a bit weird for Ari when the family were reminiscing as of course he now has  a new lady in his life and sitting there is the daughter of his old one - meant in the nicest way. ?  Good he pressed Chloe to contact her mum, even if she as an adult so old enough to make her own decisions. Natch mum turns up tonight.  No Bella last night which was kind of odd seeing how she was earlier, but of course then Nik would have had the awkward job of introducing Bella and Chloe to each other.  

It is pretty obvious that Chloe and Ryder will become a couple, if she stays or is allowed to that is.  The old 'antagonistic' first meeting cliche  did rather signal it's going to be on the cards. I know Ryder doesn't need to have another half, but it would be a change that his possible new girl isn't someone who used to be a friend.

Depends  how you define cool?   I did laugh at both Mac and Roo vetoing his idea of framing his rosette and having it on the wall at either Salt or in the living room at home. ?  Silly thing but has he had a change of hairstyle/haircut?

Lucky he was there  when Kieran ordered his vodka soda, then tried to make out Mac had misheard him.  Ryder must have been filled into Kieran's problem.  OK Kieran isn't going to get any grog in Salt but couldn't he have popped into Yabbi Creek instead of ordering takeaways?   Vodka doesn't have the strong alcohol smell like whisky or gin so he could easily disguise it so that's probably why it's his drink of choice.  Him tumbling out of his van wasn't a good sign though and Ryder had already shot down his story he'd been working at the gym the night before when he'd been at at Salt.  Wonders of wonders he locked his van!?  Just as well Kieran is just the manager at the gym, he was a bit worse for wear the next day so would have been in no state to take any classes.  I take it there is a communal dumping spot for the van dwellers to dispose of their rubbish/litter/cans/empty bottles of booze??  Though those could go in the recycling.

When did Ziggy and Tane being at the bar at Salt stop being for real and morph into her having her sexual fantasy of her and him getting very close and personal at the farm??  It was cleverly done. She is doing her best to avoid him and  I did smile at the scene at the beach the first time when they both looked round and we all know what that means.?    She was the dumper but I can see she is trying to respect Dean's feelings by seeming not to be  jumping on the first bloke that takes an interest.   At least when Dean got it on he did it in Mango River and not in the bay with any of the locals. 

Alf's episode count this week:Four. In what's presumably his last week, Colby only manages one, in which he doesn't even have any on-screen dialogue, just a voiceover.

I'm assuming Ari and Mia weren't actually married, even though it hasn't been stated outright.I made much the same maths about Chloe's age, which again leaves me wondering how the heck old Nikau's meant to be, since he seems to be a good few years older, to the point that he might already have been a teenager when she was nine, yet it's treated as though they were virtually the same age.Anyway...what is Mia's problem? She really doesn't seem to want Chloe hanging around Ari, but it feels like that ship has well and truly sailed, plus Chloe's old enough that dragging her back home (wherever that is) shouldn't even be an option.Ari did seem to be ignoring Mackenzie an awful lot, especially during that scene in Salt.

Roo was kind of on a hiding to nothing.She searches Kieran's van, doesn't find anything, yet still insists he's drinking:We know she's right but it made her seem a tad obsessed.

Ziggy did look convincingly unconvincing waving those weights about pretending she knew what she was doing.And another bit of amusingly clueless behaviour from Justin, who didn't even realise he'd just blown Ziggy's alibi out of the water.But Ziggy inviting Tane round for another bunk-up didn't feel entirely earned.

Archived