2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

8 hours ago, Nephlim14 said:

From what I recall, Mac was one of the main people encouraging Dean to keep pursuing Ziggy. Also she is his sister. If she knew he was being mislead, she should have spoke up, to hell with Ziggy's entitled self. 

Also barging into his house like that was rude. I dont care if she's family, youve got no business bursting into his house and telling him how to process, especially since she's not even handling Mia that well herself.

I don't recall Mac ever doing that.I don't blame her for keeping quiet at first, since there was no reason for Dean to know, but when it got to the point when Dean thought Ziggy wanted to get back with him, she should have put him straight.I guess the only excuse is it was better coming from Ziggy rather than him hearing about it second hand.And hey, she knocked, and she's seen what Dean has been like lately and didn't want him sliding back.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lest I forget, did anyone else spot there were two Graces  but they were so different in looks, it would have been hard to miss.  The one  out with Lewis and Jasmine had a good head of blond hair but the one in Salt had brown thinner hair.  I get when they are that young they use a few little ones, and you can't always tell  but a bad slip up by continuity there. Did you mean a few babies Red?  Pesky spell check.

Understandable Dean was angry with Mac for not telling him about Ziggy and Tane but it wasn't her place, it was Ziggy's.  She did manage to convince him of that and stop him drinking himself into a stupor, anyway who said he 'bought' that crate of beer??   Not long ago nothing would have stopped him and he would have ignored any knocks on the door - which ? was shut and the latch was on, leaving whoever it was  just standing there. Tres awkward moment when the four bumped into each other, but at least it's out of the way. As long as Ziggy and Tane don't make it look like they are flaunting their relationship when Dean is in sight it could all work out OK.  Tane is a lot more sensitive that we all, well OK I,  gave him credit for, telling Ziggy if she wanted to talk about Dean she could. 

Dean did make a good point, proving he's not making it all about him, when he asked how it was going with her and Ari since Mai has been in town and gave Mac some good advice about although she has given Ari leeway to sort out things out with her not to let it get too involved before it's too late.  Ari and Mia's relationship lasted a lot longer than Dean and Ziggy's and did end up in the air a bit. 

I do seem to remember Tori saying, maybe in passing, she hated surprise parties, I didn't think I was dreaming.   Seriously Justin you thought Tori would be happy to accept you weren't ill, have you meet your sister?  Careful Justin you don't want to damage your back with that dancing.?

Jasmine does seem to be thinking of Lewis in a more serious way when she asked Grace what she thought her daddy would think of him. Then later did she take her rings off then put them back on again? I reckon that Grace was thinking just put me back in my buggy please.?

Lewis was certainly watching Christian all the time to see if he was imbibing, but if he wasn't on call, which we don't know he wasn't, he could have a drink or two, then if he got a call to come in could say "I can't, I've been drinking" Lewis had already said he was going to be on duty which is why he didn't.  He got me at it as I noticed Christian only had a sip of the champagne.  

Of course the patient has to have  a 'bleed' so Christian steps in to operate, only to be stopped by Lewis.  Red, you should know by now there is only ever one doctor/surgeon around at any one time in NDH at times like this.??  Either way it doesn't look good  for the patient. 

We didn't see much of it but Leah's cake looked good.  Rather a poignant moment when Roo rested her head on Alf's shoulder when Justin was singing his song, lovely song btw and those looks he was giving Leah.?

5 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I don't recall Mac ever doing that.I don't blame her for keeping quiet at first, since there was no reason for Dean to know, but when it got to the point when Dean thought Ziggy wanted to get back with him, she should have put him straight.I guess the only excuse is it was better coming from Ziggy rather than him hearing about it second hand.And hey, she knocked, and she's seen what Dean has been like lately and didn't want him sliding back.

Just now, H&Alover said:

Understandable Dean was angry with Mac for not telling him about Ziggy and Tane but it wasn't her place, it was Ziggy's.  She did manage to convince him of that and stop him drinking himself into a stupor, anyway who said he 'bought' that crate of beer??   Not long ago nothing would have stopped him and he would have ignored any knocks on the door - which ? was shut and the latch was on, leaving whoever it was  just standing there. Tres awkward moment when the four bumped into each other, but at least it's out of the way. As long as Ziggy and Tane don't make it look like they are flaunting their relationship when Dean is in sight it could all work out OK.  Tane is a lot more sensitive that we all, well OK I,  gave him credit for, telling Ziggy if she wanted to talk about Dean she could. 

Dean did make a good point, proving he's not making it all about him, when he asked how it was going with her and Ari since Mai has been in town and gave Mac some good advice about although she has given Ari leeway to sort out things out with her not to let it get too involved before it's too late.  Ari and Mia's relationship lasted a lot longer than Dean and Ziggy's and did end up in the air a bit. 

It may not have been her place to outright tell Dean about Tane, but she should have at least prepped him for if Ziggy rejects again. Since she's roomates with Z, she could have told him that they talked and that Zig said she wasnt as interested as he thought. It might not have been exaggerate, but she did encourage him from time to time that he shouldnt give up on getting back with Zig. 

As for the beer thing. I get she was concerned about him, but he was In his own home and not out in public where he was less likely to do damage. The worst thing that could have happened was Dean passing out on the couch. Also, its gonna get old if she uses that ass an excuse to hassle him every time he's at the bar.

I have no idea what I was trying to say last page. "A few" seems as good a guess as any. I've always said I'm the only person I know who actually types malapropisms.

So, turns out Lewis actually did have another doctor lined up to take over.The general consensus seemed to be that Lewis did the right thing but went about it the wrong way and I kind of agree with that.Tori's in a potentially difficult position now she knows Lewis' history but handled it well in her chats with Christian and Lewis.

I don't really know how to describe Ari here.Insensitive is one word for it as he treated Mackenzie like a third wheel getting in the way of him spending time with Mia.And I'm not even sure he realised he was doing it.Mia seemed to get the hint more than he did, although it didn't take much to convince her to stay.I wish Mackenzie had spoken up earlier instead of pretending to be fine with it.Mia's a personal trainer?Kieran may have bailed just in time...

It's often interesting seeing the contrast of Tori how she can be immature in one episode with her initial reaction to Christian revealing the surprise engagement but seemingly professional in the next episode.  In saying that I don't agree with her allowing Christian and Lewis to work together in the same department.  Not after what Jasmine told her (I was half expecting Jasmine to keep quiet about that).  That is an emotional decision, not a professional one and based purely on the fact that Tori feels sorry for Lewis because he lost his wife.

Ari annoyed me.  He was taking the p**s with Mia.  If that had been the other way round, he wouldn't have been very happy about it.  Although I agree he did seem quite oblivious to what he was doing.  Him not immediately denying the fact he was still in love with Mia when Mackenzie asked him about it wasn't good.  Although (whilst I think it's likely there's an element of truth to it) I don't think it definitively indicates anything might happen and I think he was a little shocked at the question.  I would be a little disappointed if something did happen with Ari and Mia though given that Mackenzie put her lustful feelings for Tane aside, chose what she thought was a relationship and has supported Ari.

It appeared there was still a long enough delay for the patient to die, but whether it was down to that, no-one will ever know for sure.  Very unprofessional behaviour on both Lewis and Christian's side shouting at each other in a public space and in front of other staff.  

Tori is very professional when she  has her doctors head on, it's when she has her sister's/girlfriend's head on she loses it.  Both Lewis & Christian managed to convince her they can be professional too and that there won't be a repeat. She does a fine line to tread though, good luck girl. But I suppose she could pass it to someone else due to her conflict of interest.?  She did handle  those interviews very well, asked the right discreet questions without revealing anything she knew. 

Nowhere was it suggested  Christian was to blame for Anna's death, just he was the surgeon who did the op and there was a problem after.  He could have gone out drinking, like I think, Lewis suggested so couldn't have done anything anyway.  Methinks Lewis hasn't got over it like he's claiming, maybe a suspect decision for Jasmine to tell Tori but it did her an insight into his reaction.  Will this put Jasmine on her guard when she, Lewis and Christian are on duty together? 

Not defending Ari, but I don't think he has a clue, he's probably never had two ladies that interested in him before, usually Tane's domain I would think. Mac is playing it right I think, welcoming Mia,  not being frosty but friendly.  Did like the little "See you in bed" swipe, letting Mia know she is Ari's current lady.?  It would be the same with any ex from either side, the old shared history the new partner doesn't have.   I don't think he knew how to answer to Mac's question as he's not sure himself. 

Mac wasn't too keen though on the fact Mia's thoughts of staying is going to be long enough to find herself a job.  We shouldn't judge by appearances but I didn't have her down as a personal trainer, smacks wrist.  It's what the gym needs not just a manager but someone who knows that they are doing with the clients.  Better check she's got the right qualifications Jasmine, don't want  a repeat of Willow.

Archived