2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, UK_fan said:

I really like Ziggy and Tane together.

I like Chloe.. Mia not so much, irritating.   Why have they made Ari so dull?

I liked Ziggy telling Mac off too RE her/Tane.

I'm so intrigued by Kieran's dark side.

I second every point here. Bravoooo 

On 07/03/2021 at 15:25, Dan F said:

Personally I still feel that whilst Ari was talking about Nik initially, he then shifted back to him and Gemma in his mention of the 25 years - hence Gemma's reply which also included "we".

H&A's Script Executive also confirmed to me this morning that Nik is around 20.

I dunno, given Gemma's reference to getting together with Mikaere young and getting pregnant not long after, is it really likely Ari knew her for 4-6 years before Nikau was born? It feels like Nikau was rewritten on the fly: He was introduced as a young adult character then somehow ended up paired with techically-school-age Bella and it felt like we were meant to forget his introductory storyline involved him bedding Ryder's stalker and see it as a sweet and innocent first relationship for both of them; we got that absurd scene of him acting as though 22-year-old Ziggy is ancient compared to him when she may well be closer in age to him than Bella is; and now we've got an apparent 18/19-year-old who's meant to be his childhood best friend. It sounds as those even the people making the show aren't quite sure how old he is, how "around" are we talking? Anywhere between 18 and 22?

It was hard to gauge Mackenzie's reaction to Ziggy and Tane, she's obviously not comfortable with it which is probably down to a mix of things, although I think her taking a second look at what seems to be Ziggy's new bedroom was down more to a feeling of "I did just see that, didn't I?" than anything else.I dunno, Ziggy and Tane aren't quite gelling for me, but then I think that's true of every single relationship Ziggy's ever had!

Roo was seriously kicking own goals here.Having pushed for a search of Kieran's caravan and found nothing, I'm not sure that insisting she was right anyway was really the best way to play it.If we didn't know better, I'd have thought Kieran's outrage was real.

I get why Mia lied to Chloe all those years ago, but did she really think she could just turn up and order Chloe home? There's no putting this one back in the bag now. Ari seemed to be on her side a bit more than was necessary but I'm glad he put his foot down and refused to send Chloe away.

Ziggy was with Dean quite a while I get why she moved on from Brody with Dean so quickly but come on now give the guy some respect you even said she loved him and had Ben and Maggie leave their house to them 

The way she's jumped to Tane without a care is very insulting and makes her look way too easy well that's what I think 

The Chole and Mia just went around in circles 

If they do this right Kieran could become a villain 

5 hours ago, pembie said:

Ziggy was with Dean quite a while I get why she moved on from Brody with Dean so quickly but come on now give the guy some respect you even said she loved him and had Ben and Maggie leave their house to them 

The way she's jumped to Tane without a care is very insulting and makes her look way too easy well that's what I think 

The Chole and Mia just went around in circles 

If they do this right Kieran could become a villain 

Well Dean had some ONS once he self destructed yet again (zzz).   It's his own fault he lost Ziggy, she's not the one who covered up a murder or lied about it, that is something she rightly couldn't forgive.

Once Ziggy made that decision to split with Dean, she's a free agent and if she wants to hook up with someone else then that doesn't make her ''easy''?   Would you be saying it if it was the other way around?   I'm Male and think Women get treated way more harsh than the men.

Ziggy even said that she thought she had a future with Dean, but what Colby did and Dean's choice changed all of that, you can't blame Ziggy for something she wasn't involved in.

We all have our different opinions about characters, each to their own, but I find it laughable that some fans online actually think Ziggy is this worse person and they're always making excuses for bad boy Dean, who can't do no wrong, but Ziggy does have her flaws, but deep down I think she's a good person.

Chloe said today she hadn't seen Ari for 10 years, due to Mia, which would make her 18/19.  If we all agree he spent eight years inside, and we know  he has been in the bay for just over a year there is a missing year which maybe was spent in NZ before they came to the bay.?

Ryder may be coming up for 20, I remember there was a bit of a hoo haw when he turned 18 and no-one remembered. 

Ari and Mia have a lot of unfinished business, it was an abrupt ending to their relationship with no proper ending.  He did tell her not to visit and forget about him  thereby effectively ending it, but she didn't get a say in it.  They could have corresponded by letter and she may have decided to finish it herself which would have brought it to a natural conclusion.   Mia, it seems, has had a tough life, singe mum before she met Ari, then effectively a single mum again when he went back inside.  I can see why she didn't want to tell a nine year old her 'dad' was inside, but she could have told Chloe something else other than  Ari had just upped and left them, at that age as Chloe said herself she thought it was something she had done that made him leave. 

Not every character has to be high powered, like Tane or Dean, nothing wrong with being normal, rather than dull,  like Ari or John.  When they do get an exciting storyline it makes more of an impact and makes you think about them differently. 

ONS?

Ziggy still cares enough about Dean not to rub his face in it about her new bloke which is why, I think, she told Tane she wanted to keep it between just them (and Mac of course) for now.  I feel she has moved on a bit too quick and needs more time on her own bloke free.  She is still keeping his secret and was suitably vague about what was the deal breaker in their splitting up when talking to Tane.  I wondered if there was a twinge of jealousy on Mac's part seeing Tane and Ziggy walking up the beach, but Ziggy  said the same thing to her as she did to Tane about 'their  strange thing' as to why she didn't mention them getting together.  I think Mac is more worried about Dean and how he will feel/react when he finds out.

I've never made excuses for Dean and know full well the mistakes he's made, but there is a good guy beneath all that tough guy image and I've been annoyed at him when he's done stupid things. 

Technically neither Roo or Martha 'broke into' Kieran's van as co-owners(?) of the site they are entitled to let themselves into anyone's van  with the master key if they think something is wrong.  Of course their reason was suspect and only based on Ryder's comment and Roo's 'feeling'. 

You could see Kieran's reaction from both sides, him being angry because he is/was  innocent of hiding any grog or angry and guilty  because he had.  He certainly knows how to play Martha and of course being his mum she's going to let him play her. He is always going to have  a problem with alcohol which is what she is worried about and he's only been dry two years.  Irene was on the wagon for many years before she fell off.   I wonder of he is one of those high functioning alcoholics, can have a drink or three but still do their job  and be 'normal'  around people.    Alf was totally in the dark and Kieran played his part so well, until Martha went in that is - then we saw his true colours when he threatened Roo. 

Wow that headline didn't hold back!?

I loved Marilyn's reaction to finding out John was dating someone.

Roo was absolutely right to be concerned Kieran.  He's a lose cannon.  The throwing of his stuff out when he caught Roo/Martha searching his caravan and then him threatening Roo.  Martha is in denial because she doesn't want to accept the reality of having to deal with alcoholic Kieran again.

Chloe seems like an interesting character.  I think she actually quite liked the fact that Ryder didn't roll over and do what she wanted, when she tried to buy a drink and didn't have ID.

I'm assuming there's still a spark with Ari and Mia.

I often find it quite amusing when Mackenzie frowns and has the sour faced expression.  To me, her mole seems to emphasise the expression even more.  I found her jealousy utterly hilarious throughout yesterday's episode and it was funny how she was quizzing both Ziggy and Tane trying to get them to admit they were seeing each other despite seeing them at it.  Ziggy has no idea that the lustful feelings Mackenzie had towards Tane have resurfaced...

"That flamin' mongrel!"

Classic Alf.

The way his arms swung and that march with a modern "Doom" chord variant. And the Promo...

*Apollo Creed impression* "Ding Ding"*

On a lighter note, the cocktail contest was a nice scene. Pity they didn't clear "Hippy Hippy Shake" (Reference to certain pre-Couch-jumping Tom Cruise movie)

Archived