2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

When the cavalry coming over the hills is the River Boys, you know to check your brain at the door. That sequence couldn't have been more cartoony if Heath had come swinging in dressed as a bat. (Or indeed the Black RPM Power Ranger, who I recently discovered was played by Dan Ewing as basically Heath Braxton in spandex.) But what the heck, it was actually quite fun to see Heath wander back onto the show, take down a Big Bad Wannabe and wander out again (even if the shots of a bunch of guys in hoodies fighting a bunch of other guys in hoodies were almost impossible to decipher).It's a shame he was in the promo, because it would be great for him to have turned up completely unheralded, but I guess as someone once said "You don't need people to be surprised, you need them to watch." We seem to have missed some conversations though: How did we go from Ari being prepared to go to jail rather than do the job to him...being prepared to do the job?

Colby and Dean's farewell...To be honest, it feels like someone came up with this two years ago and slotted it in here.There was a time when they were probably the closest people to each other, but since then they've gained blood relatives and spent most of their time with Ziggy or Mackenzie or whoever.So maybe it didn't have the impact it once would have, but it was affecting all the same.

I think both Justin and Ziggy are interpreting things wrong.I don't think Justin's giving Ziggy these jobs as punishment, which is what she seems to think, but I don't think Ziggy's got ideas above her station like Justin seems to think either.Her meltdown at the end seemed to leave him not having a clue what to say next.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

When the cavalry coming over the hills is the River Boys, you know to check your brain at the door. That sequence couldn't have been more cartoony if Heath had come swinging in dressed as a bat. (Or indeed the Black RPM Power Ranger, who I recently discovered was played by Dan Ewing as basically Heath Braxton in spandex.) But what the heck, it was actually quite fun to see Heath wander back onto the show, take down a Big Bad Wannabe and wander out again (even if the shots of a bunch of guys in hoodies fighting a bunch of other guys in hoodies was almost impossible to decipher).

?Who's that comin' over the Hill? Is it Heath Braxton? Is it Heaaath Braaaxton??

(Couldn't resist)

Him waving a cricket bat probably woulda made that sequence... a bit less crap and would be in with the character. "HOWZAT!" *crack*

I actually enjoyed seeing Heath again even if it was very random and brief.  He may not have said much but I liked his line about not having had so much fun in ages. Nought wrong in having the RB's coming to to your rescue, though I'm guessing not many of them are still in their first prime of life.  It was hard to tell who was who in the big fight.  I did cheer at all the RB's cars, trucks pulling in  a nice orderly line.   Of course prior to that Ari and Tane did a great job in persuading Leon and Paul to turn up as they had worked out it was more than a  two man job having done their homework.   When Ari and Tane were talking again about how they would handle Leon & Paul  I could hear the wheels turning in Dean's head - nice one Dean!   What happened to Mac's car?  Mac actually seemed to let them off quite lightly when she stormed round there to try and stop them.

Dean made a discreet withdrawal rather than cause bother  when he saw Tane approach  Ziggy at the bar, did he 'see' something between them that Ziggy is denying?  But then later after Ziggy had explained to Tane why them getting together would be a bad idea she wasn't exactly fighting him off when he kissed her.  She did mention the 'thing' with him and Mac.?  

The scene between Dean & Colby, whenever  you think it may have been planned Red, was very moving, end of an era really.  They have both come a long way since they reunited and have got family ties, but there is still that bond between them.  Dean and Colby can call each other but not the same.  Was Dean encouraging Colby to fight back, he's only one guy!

Maybe Ziggy felt a bit reluctant to hand back the reins even if it did mean the pressure was off, to her maybe it felt like she had been demoted. Justin could have done the driving round, which when we saw what happened may have been a better choice. 

Well, five minutes after John decides to find a date the old-fashioned way, it seems he can't move without running into an attractive woman, although he seemed a bit rabbit in the headlights when Irene carefully explained what had just happened.Susie doesn't seem that good at her job though, given the way Tori and Christian seemed unimpressed at her housing selection.Justin definitely overstepped the mark inviting Christian to move in with them and has left Tori in a difficult position.Marilyn seemed to be only hearing what she wanted to as well.

Ziggy bawling her eyes out and giving Justin way too much information about her love life was probably not top of his list of things to do that day, but the scenes were sweet and funny anyway and he didn't do too bad a job.That's got to be at least the third time Justin's collapsed at the garage like that, right? Talk about deja vu, no wonder he feels like there's no end to it.

Having Heath back made very much little sense with him having left the gang and started a new life if anything it should have been Ash it's Shame it wasn't for a proper story though even though I didn't care about Ari or Tane in the whole thing 

So you can pretty much blame Dean for planting the seed of you have do whatever in jail in Colbys mind 

That was an amazing coincidence with John and Susie, it was all so natural too, he certainly wasn't trying to impress her when he first 'met' her with his roll filling falling out before he got the chance to eat it.?  Was he bigging himself up with his knowledge of the bay, if he was or wasn't it has lead to a date, whether that is a date date or just so Susie can learn more about the bay we'll find out tonight.  She did seem like a fun character.

To me Susie was no more or less doing a good job than any other estate agent/realtor.  It's not until you actually see the property do you know if it'd be suitable for your needs.  Funny how she assumed it'd be for both of them like Marilyn did.  Justin did way over step the mark by not running it by Tori first, it is still early days.   Christian may like a place to himself, he could do what he liked when he liked without worrying about upsetting others and it would make it fun for Tori to visit him at times for a sleep over.?   Also if he has a late night stint at the hospital he maybe feels he wouldn't want to disrupt the household by coming home in the early hours when he could go back to his own place.  It's different for Tori, it's her home.   Christian's question came out of the blue!

Very unlike Ziggy to cry like that, especially in front of Justin.  There is sharing and sharing though.  Although Justin said she didn't have any reason to think she'd be cheating on Dean if she started seeing Tane, it is very soon and no easy way to avoid running into him if she did start going out with Tane, it'd be like rubbing his face in it and she does know what that felt like.   Going by Leah's questions was Justin suppose to be telling Ziggy off?  

OK Justin had given Ziggy the afternoon off when he collapsed again, but even I know you should bend your knees and keep your back straight when picking up a heavy object.  Did we miss a scene or did Justin get transported to the hospital  Star Trek style? ?

Alf's episode count this week:Three. Colby was in two but spent most of Monday comatose and didn't have any dialogue.

John's date with Susie veered between sweet, funny and simply excruciating.Inviting Irene along was probably not the best idea he could have had either.Oh well, it doesn't seem to have put her off since she agreed to a second one.

James Stewart is matching Shane Withington for the comic timing, as Justin spends most of the episode (in fact, most of the week) in a state of utter bemusement.At least there's good news for him at last with the pain only being a pulled muscle.I was thinking that the show had managed to ruin its big climax point again by including Christian's proposal in the promo, only for us to get the double whammy of Tori immediately accepting.I guess that's one way of solving an issue!

Jasmine's comment that being around Lewis has turned her back into the person she was before all the tragedy was somewhat true, and I kind of like it, because I kind of liked the more optimistic Jasmine of earlier years.How old is she meant to be, by the way?I always assumed she was in her 20s, about the same age as Willow, but she implied she was at uni 10 years ago.

14 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Alf's episode count this week:Three. Colby was in two but spent most of Monday comatose and didn't have any dialogue.

John's date with Susie veered between sweet, funny and simply excruciating.Inviting Irene along was probably not the best idea he could have had either.Oh well, it doesn't seem to have put her off since she agreed to a second one.

James Stewart is matching Shane Withington for the comic timing, as Justin spends most of the episode (in fact, most of the week) in a state of utter bemusement.At least there's good news for him at last with the pain only being a pulled muscle.I was thinking that the show had managed to ruin its big climax point again by including Christian's proposal in the promo, only for us to get the double whammy of Tori immediately accepting.I guess that's one way of solving an issue!

Jasmine's comment that being around Lewis has turned her back into the person she was before all the tragedy was somewhat true, and I kind of like it, because I kind of liked the more optimistic Jasmine of earlier years.How old is she meant to be, by the way?I always assumed she was in her 20s, about the same age as Willow, but she implied she was at uni 10 years ago.

I'd say Jas was No more than 30-odd at a push, on the young side of it.

The annoying the show does with Promos is give away the cliffhanger resolution 9/10 times.

John was rather sweet, looking and acting so flummoxed on  his date with Susie,? it has been a while for him and I don't think  he has had much experience in the dating game, both Gina and Marilyn he knew before they become couples, Susie is a completely  new person.  He did break one of the First Date Rules when he mentioned Marilyn - called her ex wife again - why?  She did forgive him so let's hope he'll be more relaxed next time. ?    None of her business really but i wonder what Maz will think of it, of course she wouldn't want to see John hurt or made a fool of same as if she meet someone new John would be concerned.  

Take note Justin NO MORE heavy lifting and follow the rules when you do.  Not really funny, but the fact a pulled muscle was more painful for Justin than the tumour was interesting.  Not wanting to be rude but how much does Leah weigh?? Should Justin be lifting her up and carrying her off the bed the way he does??  It was a complicated situation, Christian is Justin's doctor, his mate and his sister's bloke, so one had to go and at least this way Christian won't be getting in the neck if Justin needs any more surgery or treatment.   Justin and Christian agree on one thing Tori does overthink things.  But how did it go from Tori throwing a wobbly because Justin asked Christian to move in without asking her to Christian proposing and her saying yes. 

Btw not only did Justin not ask Leah, he didn't ask Grace or Buddy!??  I know I keep banging on about this but does Christian know the full story behind Grace's birth? 

Lewis got a very condensed explanation of who Tori was in relation to Jasmine, no wonder he looked bewildered.  I think I'd put Jasmine as late 20's?  I may be getting way ahead of myself but  I  hope Lewis isn't going to turn into some sort of stalker seeing as he had words with his agency and got a transfer to ND Hospital as Jas works there.  A hint that Lewis and Christian have known each other in the past. 

Archived