2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Strewth has Roo not heard of the word subtle,  I thought the Spanish Inquisition had arrived in the bay by the way she was questioning John about Susie. While John was very restrained for him, I would have told her it was none of her business.   Susie does have a hidden agenda and she seems very loving towards John, but once again 'we' saw a different look on her face when she hugged him  which belied her words and actions.  She was at least subtle when asking John about Marilyn, the usual things a new girlfriend would ask about her blokes ex or in this case wife, but see my previous comment.  

Contrary to Justin's been worried about telling her, Tori was happy for them.  I'm guessing Tori and Mason did spend some time at uni, did he get that far?  Tori would have likely spent time away from home when she was on placement or working in different hospitals.  It's going to be quite odd for them both.  That house has gone from having four - Justin, Tori, Brody and Mason, then five - Raffy - folk living in it to three or should that be two and a half?? I've asked before, but I'm worried about him - what about Buddy??

Non blonde Grace doesn't like Christian.?

Did Nik know Chloe was going round to Maz's, I think she did it off her own bat, Ryder could have given her the heads up too if he'd known beforehand.   I know what she took wasn't Marilyn's thing but the gesture was appreciated.  Wish those two, Ryder and Chloe, would get a move on, be honest  and admit  that they fancy each other.   Loved the 'you stick to that end of the bar and I'll stick to this end' exchange.?  

I'd be like Christian, he's getting all these snipey comments from  new member of staff and he doesn't know why. Tori, who as Christian's boss and who wasn't also his finace, was stuck between a rock and a hard place.  She couldn't tell him why as the information was given to her in confidence and behind Lewis' back.  Anyways Lewis did finally tell him in no uncertain terms but it was very unprofessional to do it so publicly.  Christian shouldn't have blown up at Tori like that, but luckily he calmed down pretty quick. 

It would be hard, I'd imagine, for him to remember one particular patient out of the many he's treated/operated on.   I didn't think it was until he'd gone over his old case notes he remembered Anna? Not only that but she was pregnant, has Lewis mentioned that, could that have contributed to her sudden relapse?   It seems unlikely Lewis and Christian never met at some point, he surely would have talked Lewis through  the op Anna was going to have, but as before he would have talked to many relatives. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole Susie moving in with John thing is a tricky one.  The concerns about Susie from certain Summer Bay folk are legitimate but the issue I have is that they have not been party to what we have so have very little to base their claims on.  As already mentioned, Irene's concerns seemed to come out of nowhere.  And Roo and Marilyn don't have much to go on either.  Alf seems like the only person who has had sufficient interaction to make a fair assessment but even then it's only really about her getting involved in the politics of the Surf Club.  I think John is allowing Susie to move in too quickly but it feels like Irene, Roo and Marilyn don't like the fact John is moving on.  I really hope this storyline doesn't progress into Marilyn discovering the truth about Susie (whatever that is), tries to warn John, he doesn't believe her, she is vindicated and he looks like an idiot.

I still think Tori made a mistake allowing Lewis to work with Christian but I do have to admit, when they were arguing I did find the "Oh sh**" expressions from Jasmine and Tori quite amusing.

When they did the recap for the Ryder/Chloe stuff I was expecting it to progress a little bit more into them being nice to each other rather than continuing the point scoring.  Although part of me did wonder if Chloe went round to Marilyn's as an excuse to 'accidentally' bump into Ryder.

Roo does seem to be undecided about how mistrustful of Susie she is.After seemingly being won over by her on Friday, she's now back to treating her like the enemy.Susie's definitely got a spin doctor air about her but it's hard to tell where she's going with this at the moment. The guy playing the disgruntled committee member had a couple of one episode guest shots a few years back, as a guy Charlotte King tried to sell her car to and as a rather obstructive storage employee that Justin and Phoebe encountered.Alf seems pretty dispirited, not even bothering to put up a fight.

I thought Christian said at the end of the last episode that he remembered Anna's case, but here he acted as though he didn't remember anything until he looked at the files.If she was that badly injured, there's a good chance she was rushed into surgery as an emergency without contacting next of kin, especially if Lewis was injured himself and receiving treatment (as I think he mentioned when it first came up). Lewis almost seemed to be having a breakdown when Christian didn't respond the way he expected: Maybe he's finally got the message about him.

I hope the reference to Buddy alleviated your concern, H&Alover!

Oh it has Red, so glad they hadn't forgotten Buddy.?  Will they ask him where he wants to live?  Thinking about him who looks after him when the others are at work, does he have a place to go to outside which is where he usually is, how about food and water? I'm overthinking it aren't I??

I know Alf can be grumpy at times but I was shocked at him not shaking John's hand.  He wouldn't have had to make a big thing about it, just a quick squeeze would have been enough.  Is Martha more on his mind than caring about who runs the Surf Club. The Surf Club committee does exist then  and looked quite a few of them.  Only one, Gerald, got named as it seemed he was pivotal to people being  swayed into voting for John.  He did seem to have some good arguments for the change in President, but as Alf said to Roo can he carry through on them.  I suppose Roo had a right to be there as Alf's representative if nothing else.  John made a point of mentioning  Alf having another home at Merimbula, but isn't that Martha's place? 

Christian shouldn't feel guilty at not remembering Anna for the reasons I mentioned before.  When he looked up his old notes he did remember her.  From what I could gather he and his team had probably did all they possibly could do.  Even today head cases are not straight forward, someone with a really serious head injury you would have doubts about them surviving and yet they do and others where it wasn't so serious you think they'd make it yet they don't.  Christian and Lewis appeared to have a good talk about it, Lewis accepted Christian's apology for (a) not remembering and (b) not being able to do more.  Let's hope Lewis will be able to move on now, he's spent the last two years hating Christian but now has to revise his thinking.  Very tentative, but sweet kisses between Lewis and Jasmine and she took her rings off. Oh just remembered Lewis told Jasmine he and Anna were on their way for the 20 week scan when they had the accident. 

Susie has only moved in with John on a 'temporary' basis as she got her dates mixed up as to her lease at her old place. Yeh right.? John being John suggested she move in with him until she got it sorted which she won't be in  a hurry to do. Such a thing as instinct/woman's intuition Slade. ?

On 28/03/2021 at 08:58, H&Alover said:

I'd be like Christian, he's getting all these snipey comments from  new member of staff and he doesn't know why. Tori, who as Christian's boss and who wasn't also his finace, was stuck between a rock and a hard place.  She couldn't tell him why as the information was given to her in confidence and behind Lewis' back.  Anyways Lewis did finally tell him in no uncertain terms but it was very unprofessional to do it so publicly.  Christian shouldn't have blown up at Tori like that, but luckily he calmed down pretty quick. 

It would be hard, I'd imagine, for him to remember one particular patient out of the many he's treated/operated on.   I didn't think it was until he'd gone over his old case notes he remembered Anna? Not only that but she was pregnant, has Lewis mentioned that, could that have contributed to her sudden relapse?   It seems unlikely Lewis and Christian never met at some point, he surely would have talked Lewis through  the op Anna was going to have, but as before he would have talked to many relatives. 

22 hours ago, Slade said:

I still think Tori made a mistake allowing Lewis to work with Christian but I do have to admit, when they were arguing I did find the "Oh sh**" expressions from Jasmine and Tori quite amusing.

19 minutes ago, H&Alover said:

Christian shouldn't feel guilty at not remembering Anna for the reasons I mentioned before.  When he looked up his old notes he did remember her.  From what I could gather he and his team had probably did all they possibly could do.  Even today head cases are not straight forward, someone with a really serious head injury you would have doubts about them surviving and yet they do and others where it wasn't so serious you think they'd make it yet they don't.  Christian and Lewis appeared to have a good talk about it, Lewis accepted Christian's apology for (a) not remembering and (b) not being able to do more.  Let's hope Lewis will be able to move on now, he's spent the last two years hating Christian but now has to revise his thinking.  Very tentative, but sweet kisses between Lewis and Jasmine and she took her rings off. Oh just remembered Lewis told Jasmine he and Anna were on their way for the 20 week scan when they had the accident. 

Tori's excuse was BS. 

1. Even if she was legit about the "tol in confidence" thing, breaking it would have been a LOT better than keeping Christian in the dark and allowing a bad situation in the workplace to get worse. Especially since-

2. Jasmine KNEW about Lewis' grudge way before he applied for the job. And she also knew he was only applying to stalk Christian and mess with his career. Yet she kept quiet an let this mess take place, in a hospital where bad blood can lead to literal spilled blood. Tori should have called her on this and let Christian know, Jasmine's "confidence" be damned 

I really didn't like Marilyn in that episode. She's spent a week belittling John and saying he's got no chance of beating Alf, and now he has beaten Alf and she's still talking down to him.Susie might not be sincere but I pretty much cheered her on when she suggested John never got ahead before because Marilyn didn't support him.To be fair, John's election campaign was "silly" and turned the whole thing into a circus.But I'm not keen on the entitled attitude of certain people who seem to think that Alf should automatically be re-elected without making any effort to demonstrate he's the best person for the job and no-one should be allowed to run against him.That said, I'm equally not keen on the way Susie's isolating John and not letting people like Alf speak to him.

We finally get Willow back in the gym and I continue to enjoy her scenes with Jasmine.Leah and Justin continue to be good value too. Despite my concerns the other week, Amber seems to have been as good as her word so far.I think I liked seeing her and Jai with John again even more than I liked seeing them with Dean!

In one hand I guess it's sad that Alf has been dethroned but given how annoying I found Roo on Monday, I was glad John won if only just to spite her.  Irene/Roo/Marilyn can criticise John all they want but I personally think there's an argument John deserved to win given how much effort Suzy put into the campaign and how she was able to motivate him.  Her motives are highly questionable but she worked damn hard to get him elected.  I was rolling my eyes at Marilyn's BS and also cheered Susie on especially when Marilyn said it was none of her business when she was fighting John's corner and Susie pointed out similarly it was none of Marilyn's business fighting Alf's corner.

Finding Willow more and more annoying especially that smile of hers and the way she struts around like she's god's gift.

Amber...I actually found quite likeable (In that episode anyway).  Seems like a complete transformation.  If she sticks like this, I wouldn't have an issue with the setup with Jai and Dean.

I don't think Alf has ever been challenged for the position of President before, I'm sure someone will tell me if I'm wrong. Maybe no-one has wanted the responsibility and just left him to it while they sit back and reap the benefits while someone else does all the hard work.  John does have some idea of what is involved as he's stood in when Alf has been away.

No way is Susie sincere, she's doing a good job of acting as if she is, but that's because she's got her own reasons and no I don't know what they are yet, tempted as I am I'm avoiding any spoilers. May not be John she's interested in but members of the committee.   John had never given a thought to being President before now, likely secretly glad it was Alf's responsibility see above, but if he had Marilyn would have supported him.  Maz and John may not be together but they still care for each other. 

John was pleased to see Amber (and his little mate Jai) back.  In fact it occurred to me later that I can't wait for Susie and Amber to meet, she'll suss her out in 10 seconds flat.  I'm guessing John told has told Susie about his stroke, it's no secret in the bay, otherwise it'll be an awkward introduction "This is Amber, she was my psyhio when I had my stroke".  Amber doesn't hold back in her opinion of folk, the hackles will be well risen. 

I'm guessing maybe it was a weekend so no school the next day, hence no problem with Jai staying  over.  Amber did mention they were up north and if they did move back they'd have to sort out changing schools. 

Willow is a good sounding board for Jasmine and they have  a good friendship, hope she does stick around, be tricky avoiding Bella but it can be done. Jas did confide in her that Lewis could become more than a friend.

Rather sweet awkward moment between Lewis - who does he remind me of - and Jasmine after their kiss, then Jas removed her rings, again, and this time put them in her bag, a real moving on gesture.

A random thought, it's been a while since we've seen the beach house.?

Willow being rude to Ziggy has got old very quickly.Mind you, so has Ziggy getting overinvolved with Dean's life.There was a bit of logic to her concern that Dean could go off the rails again if Amber left with Jai, but her argument basically amounted to wishing Dean hadn't got Jai back in the first place so he couldn't lose him again.I'm not sure if Tane putting the heavy word on Amber not to hurt his girlfriend's ex made him a caring boyfriend or a doormat.

Okay, I'm slightly confused: Didn't Amber and Jai live in Mangrove River before? Firstly, where were all these places Amber was looking at that were too expensive? Secondly, would Summer Bay really be in the same catchment area for his old school? Oh well, looks like they've come up with a solution, and Dean and Jai's breakfast conversation was one of many fun exchanges.I would love to see Bella's reaction to her new housemates though, although I'm hoping she's fine with it and doesn't decide to move out.

Meanwhile, Martha's practically setting up a shrine for Kieran.Are those messages going to the real Kieran?Because he could be very confused...

Archived