1992 Episode Discussion

Dan F

When does Irene show up again and will this be the last time that Jacqy plays her?.

She returns for 984-993 (about 8 weeks time on 7Two) and then again the following week from 999-1003. That's the last we see of her until the 2nd ep of 1993 when Lynne takes over

I disagree about Michael. I was very happy with the way he firmly put Lucinda in her place. It wasn't pleasant viewing, I did feel sorry for her, but she had been told nicely before Sophie ran away and clearly wasn't getting the message.

I was also happy that Michael put Lucinda in her place. She needed to be told to back off because essentially, it was her that made Sophie run away in the first place.

Right back to 1992. I am really liking Meg and Blake at the moment. Its a good storyline for the show and its not proving to be too sweet.

However the story with Alf and Julie is getting on my nerves a little. Why would Alf cheat???

Those photos of Carly and Ben and the Baby. I wondered if they did those before the actors left in 1991.

So Sophie has returned. But Lou needs to leave Sophie alone. No wonder she ran away. However hopefully Sophie can now cope with Michael and Pippa's Support.

So Bobby and Greg are getting married. Will they live happily ever after

No because Greg cheats on her, Bobby is killed in a boating accident and Sam is just abandoned by Greg

Do Bobby and Greg make up before she dies?

They make up shortly before the accident, like an episode or 2 before.

I liked Michael's chat with Sophie. His promise to step up and give her his full support from now on was heartfelt and very touching, and something that will continue to be focussed on, most notably when Michael helps Sophie give birth.

Pippa wanting to keep Michael away from Sophie while she rests was reminiscent of her wanting to keep Sally away after she found out about David's death. In both cases she was wrong. It is also reminiscent of Pippa trying to keep Michael away from Sally after she returns from running away in 1995, which is a major factor in their marraige breakdown - that Pippa overrides all Michael's decisions in the family. The seeds of this are already starting to show.

Julia/Meg/Blake storyline is going ahead nicely. Julia is asking a lot of Alf, getting him to tell Blake to stay away but without explaining to Blake the reasons why. It is little wonder Blake doesn't understand. I wouldn't. Julia comes across as very harsh and protective, but then there's always a heartbreaking reason behind it (like the conversation where she said Meg could never have a proper relationship because it wouldn't be fair on Blake). It's just a very sad situation all round.

Thanks. Why does Greg abandon Sam? And did they ever see each other again? I seem to recall Greg coming back very briefly around 2000 or so?:

Shortly after Bobby's death he takes off up North, and is not heard from for like 7 years. Comes back for three eps, Stuffs Sam around, leaves again after Sam decides to stay in the Bay instead of going with him.

Right back to 1992. I am really liking Meg and Blake at the moment. Its a good storyline for the show and its not proving to be too sweet.

However the story with Alf and Julie is getting on my nerves a little. Why would Alf cheat???

Those photos of Carly and Ben and the Baby. I wondered if they did those before the actors left in 1991.

So Sophie has returned. But Lou needs to leave Sophie alone. No wonder she ran away. However hopefully Sophie can now cope with Michael and Pippa's Support.

So Bobby and Greg are getting married. Will they live happily ever after

No because Greg cheats on her, Bobby is killed in a boating accident and Sam is just abandoned by Greg

Do Bobby and Greg make up before she dies?

They make up shortly before the accident, like an episode or 2 before.

I liked Michael's chat with Sophie. His promise to step up and give her his full support from now on was heartfelt and very touching, and something that will continue to be focussed on, most notably when Michael helps Sophie give birth.

Pippa wanting to keep Michael away from Sophie while she rests was reminiscent of her wanting to keep Sally away after she found out about David's death. In both cases she was wrong. It is also reminiscent of Pippa trying to keep Michael away from Sally after she returns from running away in 1995, which is a major factor in their marraige breakdown - that Pippa overrides all Michael's decisions in the family. The seeds of this are already starting to show.

Julia/Meg/Blake storyline is going ahead nicely. Julia is asking a lot of Alf, getting him to tell Blake to stay away but without explaining to Blake the reasons why. It is little wonder Blake doesn't understand. I wouldn't. Julia comes across as very harsh and protective, but then there's always a heartbreaking reason behind it (like the conversation where she said Meg could never have a proper relationship because it wouldn't be fair on Blake). It's just a very sad situation all round.

Thanks. Why does Greg abandon Sam? And did they ever see each other again? I seem to recall Greg coming back very briefly around 2000 or so?:

Shortly after Bobby's death he takes off up North, and is not heard from for like 7 years. Comes back for three eps, Stuffs Sam around, leaves again after Sam decides to stay in the Bay instead of going with him.

Greg is mentioned a fair bit between 1993 and 2000. And a lot of Sam behaviour problem were put down to the fact that he felt deserted by his dad. Especially during the 98 to 99 era. There is an amazing scene with Fisher, in 2000, finally blurting out how much he cares for Sam and how he wants him to stay with him after episodes of trying to do the right thing by Greg and Sam. Norman Coburn's performance is great when he is shouting at Greg for not being there as a father etc. One of the best performances in the show's history. Its not on youtube anywhere as early 2000 eps whilst they were still on itv in the uk are so hard to watch

Anyone notice Josh Quang Tart played Kevin in 937

Okay back to 1992 again-

That evil git who put the picture of Sophie on the blackboard deserved a punch

Not thinking much of the Alisa/Alf/Julie story- Especially since Maz and Bobby are stirring.

On the other hand I am really liking the Blake and Meg storyline- No wonder they were huge stars back in the day. Its really well acted and while you can see how its going to end its one of the best teen romances the show has ever done- Even in 2013

Maz is a bit naive about Marriage and Babies!

Lou is a lone voice in Summer bay

Sophie is going to get a surprise about the sex of the baby!

Lesson of the week- Never leave an expensive ring with a 9/10 year old

Archived