1992 Episode Discussion

Dan F

I think Roo was meant to be 16 when the show started, indicating a 1971 birthdate, but we had all those flashbacks to Bobby's conception where Alf definitely seemed to be married in 1970.But hey, continuity errors have been part of the show ever since "I'm your only niece, Aunt Celia", what with Sophie acting like her father brought her up when he was in jail or living with Bobby her entire life, most of Don's family appearing or disappearing as the plot demands and Martin's father changing his name between appearances.(And according to some people Steven abruptly changed school year at one point but I've never been entirely sure about that one.)

It was Lance's father who changed name. I don't think Steven changed school year, but Vicki did. She was introduced as a nasty classmate of Carly's making her to be in year 12 but later in that year she was a classmate of Viv's making her to be in year 11, and not to mention her father becoming much younger next year.

I think Roo was meant to be 16 when the show started, indicating a 1971 birthdate, but we had all those flashbacks to Bobby's conception where Alf definitely seemed to be married in 1970.But hey, continuity errors have been part of the show ever since "I'm your only niece, Aunt Celia", what with Sophie acting like her father brought her up when he was in jail or living with Bobby her entire life, most of Don's family appearing or disappearing as the plot demands and Martin's father changing his name between appearances.(And according to some people Steven abruptly changed school year at one point but I've never been entirely sure about that one.)

It was Lance's father who changed name.

Martin's father was credited as Fred in 1988 and as Ern in 1989.

It was Lance's father who changed name.

Martin's father was credited as Fred in 1988 and as Ern in 1989.

Oh, sorry.

It was Lance's father who changed name. I don't think Steven changed school year, but Vicki did. She was introduced as a nasty classmate of Carly's making her to be in year 12 but later in that year she was a classmate of Viv's making her to be in year 11, and not to mention her father becoming much younger next year.

Steven did age a year between 1989 and 1990 because he was 15 in 1989 and nearly 18 at the end of 1990

So Sally has started High School. I think thats scary because it shows how far we have come in the early years of the show.

I hope this Meg and Blake storyline isn't overhyped like the Sophie and David story.

How many kids from the foster kids of summer bay are called Pippa??? They should have a huge reunion of all the Pippas!

Can someone remind me why Fisher wanted to sell his house??

Please Keep Maz in the diner. Fun everyday!

I'm not sure what you mean by overhyped,

if you mean all the full-on kissing and crying scenes and the way Blake thinks Meg is the "whole world" to him like Sophie thinks David is "the whole world" to her, I'm afraid it is going to be overhyped.

Mr Fisher sold his house because the builder (Meg's father??) inspecting the crack in the wall wanted it, I'm not clear why Mr Fisher agreed to sell it, can someone else clarify?

I'm not sure what you mean by overhyped,

if you mean all the full-on kissing and crying scenes and the way Blake thinks Meg is the "whole world" to him like Sophie thinks David is "the whole world" to her, I'm afraid it is going to be overhyped.

Mr Fisher sold his house because the builder (Meg's father??) inspecting the crack in the wall wanted it, I'm not clear why Mr Fisher agreed to sell it, can someone else clarify?

More like in That like d&S it was seen as a great romance when it only lasted a few days- However the signs are good about it. Unlike Sophie and David

Yeah I'm a bit unsure of this too.

i THINK the reason was something to do with subsidance (hence the cracks). It would have been expensive for Fisher to pay someone to fix the problem. Cheaper for him to sell the house to a builder who would be able to fix the problem himself, while Fisher could get himself a nice new house.

Something like that. Although IIRC after the Meg/Julia Bowman storyline finishes we no longer see the house and never find out what happens to it.

A great week of episodes I thought. Lots of humour. Loved Adam calling Fisher "baby" and later Blake trying to call him Don. Loved Ailsa's pretend jealousy of Alf and Julia, we should see her fun side more often. Hearing Marilyn smash something and scream off-sreen while Ailsa was on the phone in the diner was good too. And Greg and Sam have had some nice father/son scenes at the boatshed and while his video proposal is a bit cheesy, it's ultimately sweet that Greg and Sam are asking Bobby to marry both of them.

Good introduction to Meg and Julia, I am more interested in their mother/daughter relationship at present than I am in Blake and Meg's budding romance.

Felt a bit sorry for Pippa crying about Sophie, though when she said she tried her best, I am not sure that's true. She treated Sophie like dirt for weeks when Tracy was around despite Sophie constantly trying to tell them what she was like, then when the truth finally came out Sophie barely got an apology (something along the lines of "we all make mistakes, Soph."). She was then banned from seeing her new boyfriend and forced to leave town as part of a deal Pippa and Michael came up with. They then kept his death from her and she didn't even get to go to his funeral and since then (from her point of view) they have been forcing her to move on instead of letting her grieve in her own way. Is it really any wonder that Sophie doesn't trust that Pippa will be there for her and not take the baby away?! Pregnant teeagers don't run away for the good of their health, they do it out of desperation and Pippa and Michael need to realise how insecure they have made Sophie feel over the past year.

That's not to say I don't believe they love Sophie very much - of course they do and I feel very sorry for them. It's heart breaking for any parent to go to bed at night and not know where their child is or if they are safe. The final scene of the week with Pippa coming to terms that the "phone's not going to ring" (reminiscent of Tom's death), only for Sophie to phone them the second they leave the house - a Home and Away cliffhanger at its best.

It's just as well Pippa and Michael did try to stop David from seeing Sophie because now look at the damage he's done. This sickening "romance" caused her to get pregnant, and has ruined the rest of her life (whether or not the baby is taken away). Had they'd been stopped, Sophie wouldn't've gotten pregnant in the first place! see that's what I've been trying to say all along.

It's just as well Pippa and Michael did try to stop David from seeing Sophie because now look at the damage he's done. This sickening "romance" caused her to get pregnant, and has ruined the rest of her life (whether or not the baby is taken away). Had they'd been stopped, Sophie wouldn't've gotten pregnant in the first place! see that's what I've been trying to say all along.

I take your point. In essence, they have been proved right in their attempt to keep Sophie and David apart, because they had (we assume) unprotected sex. However, I wrote the above from Sophie's point of view. To her, Pippa and Michael have done nothing but consistently let her down over the past year, so it's no wonder she ran away.

Archived