1992 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Okay back to 1992 again-

That evil git who put the picture of Sophie on the blackboard deserved a punch

Not thinking much of the Alisa/Alf/Julie story- Especially since Maz and Bobby are stirring.

On the other hand I am really liking the Blake and Meg storyline- No wonder they were huge stars back in the day. Its really well acted and while you can see how its going to end its one of the best teen romances the show has ever done- Even in 2013

Maz is a bit naive about Marriage and Babies!

Lou is a lone voice in Summer bay

Sophie is going to get a surprise about the sex of the baby!

Lesson of the week- Never leave an expensive ring with a 9/10 year old

That evil git as you called him was played by Miles, (Josh Quang Tart) as I wrote in my last post. So I was talking about 1992

Wow Josh Quong Tart looks really different from 1992 as opposed to 2008 when he returned in a different role as Miles obviously.

The resemblance is evident though.

That was Josh Quong Tart? I didn't even recognise him!! Does anyone have a screen grab so I can have another look?

Okay back to 1992 again-

That evil git who put the picture of Sophie on the blackboard deserved a punch

Not thinking much of the Alisa/Alf/Julie story- Especially since Maz and Bobby are stirring.

On the other hand I am really liking the Blake and Meg storyline- No wonder they were huge stars back in the day. Its really well acted and while you can see how its going to end its one of the best teen romances the show has ever done- Even in 2013

Maz is a bit naive about Marriage and Babies!

Lou is a lone voice in Summer bay

Sophie is going to get a surprise about the sex of the baby!

Lesson of the week- Never leave an expensive ring with a 9/10 year old

That evil git as you called him was played by Miles, (Josh Quang Tart) as I wrote in my last post. So I was talking about 1992

It's more Bobby than Maz. Maz just suffers from foot-in-mouth disease.

And the debut of Sophie's maternity school dress which wasn't bad considering, at least it's somewhat close to the school colours!

I am going to have to totally disagree with most, regarding Michael and Lucinda. If I were Lucinda, I would feel absolutely gypped that the mother of my niece/nephew was denying that my brother were the father. It is a part of her family, and sophie tried to make it out that it was someone else's baby. Lucinda's actions were, therefore, in my opinion, completely understandable, even if she did come on a bit heavy.

Thanks for the info regarding Sam and Greg. I started watching the show back in around 1996, but I was only 6 at the time, so I don't remember all of the ins and outs. I do vaguely recall Greg returning, am surprised that I got the year right. It's a shame that the threesomw turns to tragedy, as they make such a cute little family. Does Sam resume contact with Greg after Greg's brief stint back in 2000.

Funny to see Josh Quong Tart. I would never have picked it, but now looking back it does look like him.

To be fair, Bobby did seem to regain her lost sanity and try to talk Ailsa round from her sudden hysteria.I was slightly disappointed that Pippa was so willing to play along with it even though she did give her good advice.(Especially since she was on the receiving end of Ailsa and Bobby's ability to dream up affairs for their closest friends a few years' back.)Glad that Meg realised that her secret isn't worth splitting apart someone's marriage but Ailsa really should have shown more trust in Alf and realised he wouldn't keep it a secret unless it was something important.Nice development of Blake and Meg.To be fair, I think they got Sophie and David right up until this point, they just rushed to the end from then onwards.If they were using the same time frame, Meg would breathe her last round about Wednesday after next.(Interesting how they seem to be building up the Blake-and-Meg-looking-out-to-sea thing as their motif.Puts her last episode in context.)

Nice to see the bond building between Michael and Sophie:I think Michael actually ends up being more supportive than Pippa but more on that later.Sophie's first piece of maternity wear made her pregnancy about ten times move obvious than it otherwise would have been but the second outfit wasn't actually that bad.I came on here and read that Josh Quong Tart was going to appear before I saw the episodes, once you know it's him I think it's obvious.Does kind of emphasise the age difference between him and Kate Ritchie when they end up playing twins.As someone who ended up majorly shipping Blake and Fin in a few months' time, it's interesting seeing how close their friendship appears to be at times.

To be fair, Bobby did seem to regain her lost sanity and try to talk Ailsa round from her sudden hysteria.I was slightly disappointed that Pippa was so willing to play along with it even though she did give her good advice.(Especially since she was on the receiving end of Ailsa and Bobby's ability to dream up affairs for their closest friends a few years' back.)Glad that Meg realised that her secret isn't worth splitting apart someone's marriage but Ailsa really should have shown more trust in Alf and realised he wouldn't keep it a secret unless it was something important.Nice development of Blake and Meg.To be fair, I think they got Sophie and David right up until this point, they just rushed to the end from then onwards.If they were using the same time frame, Meg would breathe her last round about Wednesday after next.(Interesting how they seem to be building up the Blake-and-Meg-looking-out-to-sea thing as their motif.Puts her last episode in context.)

Nice to see the bond building between Michael and Sophie:I think Michael actually ends up being more supportive than Pippa but more on that later.Sophie's first piece of maternity wear made her pregnancy about ten times move obvious than it otherwise would have been but the second outfit wasn't actually that bad.I came on here and read that Josh Quong Tart was going to appear before I saw the episodes, once you know it's him I think it's obvious.Does kind of emphasise the age difference between him and Kate Ritchie when they end up playing twins.As someone who ended up majorly shipping Blake and Fin in a few months' time, it's interesting seeing how close their friendship appears to be at times.

IMO, The second outfit Soph wore that was terrible, even for 1992. Yes, the first glaringly pointed out her condition but at least it somewhat suited her. Outfit 2 was like she got dressed without hitting the light switch.

I liked Bobby teaching Adam a lesson but was everyone at the bbq in on it because they all started laughing. Then I felt sorry for Adam because he was only trying to help Sam out initially.

I understand why Julia is so overprotective of Meg, she's dying and doesn't have long. And I'm glad Ailsa finally found out instead of having silly thoughts about Alf having an affair- and I got kind of mad at Bobby for putting the ideas in her head. I would have thought Bobby had more sense than that. .

I hope Simon stays.

does he end up leaving to live with his father?

Oh and Lucinda is driving me nuts and so is grumpy old Nick.

Archived