1992 Episode Discussion

Dan F

All of the original cast that are left are related in some way be it by DNA or marriage or legally or from the same foster family.

Bobby and Donald-Father and Daughter.

Alf and Alisa-Husband and Wife.

Alf and Alisa- are Brother and Sister in law to Donald.

Alf and Alisa -are Uncle and Aunt to Bobby.

Pippa-Foster mother to Bobby.

Pippa and Sally-are legally Mother and Daughter.

Sally and Bobby -foster sisters.

Why couldn't Nick and Lucinda just move into Lance's mobile home instead of caravan. Would have been nice to see that set again,

Because the writers have completely forgotten it.

Good point. Unless we are to assume that Colleen is living there offscreen and isn't featured in the show.

Why couldn't Nick and Lucinda just move into Lance's mobile home instead of caravan. Would have been nice to see that set again,

Because the writers have completely forgotten it.

Good point. Unless we are to assume that Colleen is living there offscreen and isn't featured in the show.

Colleen moved to Cairns in 1989.

Okay, taken me a week to catch up on three weeks' worth of episodes, up to 955.Seemed to be a lot of characters being blamed for things that weren't their fault near the beginning of the block.Adam gets turned from being a good friend to Sam and helping him look for the ring into the villain of the piece who was somehow to blame for Sam lying about it.I didn't see any evidence that Sam wanted to own up and Adam stopped him, leaving the possibility that Sam simply told Bobby what she'd already assumed was true.Adam's abrupt nastiness to Sam at the party seemed like a desperate attempt to justify Bobby and Pippa's trick on him.Then again, the trick was a non-event so all's well that ends, er, confusingly?Similarly, Sophie gets a strip torn off her by Julia for leaving Meg alone when a)she didn't know she was ill and b)Blake and Meg begged her to give them some alone time.(And they were pretty rubbish friends for letting her get the blame.)

I agree with some of the comments about Julia, who seems to shift between being pretty reasonable and being a controlling bully.The, possibly unintentional, result is that the reasonable stuff comes across as an act:She rightly tells Meg she has to tell Blake the truth if she's with him but then still tries to break them up when she does, making it look like she assumed either Meg would keep quiet or Blake would walk away if he fond out.No idea if her latest turnaround is going to stick or not.At least Alf and Ailsa, who I expected to side with Julia, have proved pretty reasonable.Don't blame Don for having a go at Meg when he didn't know and glad he was told, it was only fair.The scene where he reflects with Alf on losing a child was brilliant.Wasn't expecting Blake to tell Simon or Meg to tell the girls.Sally, surprisingly but pleasingly, seemed to understand her point of view better than Fin and Sophie.Some nice character development going on with Sally, she's still got that bossy side from when she was younger but she's definitely growing up and the first hints of her being the odd one out in the teen group with Fin clearly not keen on hanging out with her at the dance.(The bit where Fin forgets Sally's going as well when complaining she'll be on her own is almost a carbon copy of a scene from later years.)

Glad that Sophie and Simon are back on good terms after his sulky period and her taking his backing off the wrong way.Lou broke the news pretty badly but redeemed herself by playing peacemaker. I do like their friendship so hope they keep it up.

I had been looking forward to the Meg storyline but until this week it had left me pretty cold - which is surprising as I'm a fan of Blake. But the episode where Meg tells the girls she's ill was fantastic. Beautifully played out scenes that embodied everything I loved about Aussie soaps when I was a little girl - I thought when I went to high school I'd have a gang of the best friends in the world and a gorgeous boy who loved me.

Fisher's reaction was very touching too and I'm glad they mentioned Alan, it's the kind of continuity that sometimes is neglected in soaps.

Another week

Apart from The Blake and Meg drama I found it to be a poor week.

Oh God Ryan is back. I wonder where this will lead...

The Fin and Randy drama is quite boring.

Sophie and the Baby drama was mildly interesting but not enough in my opinion.

I think the writers have finally let Julia be the nice character now.

1 less week for Blake and Meg!

Think people are being a bit hard on Julia. Her daughter's dying. Her emotions are untitled to be all over the place as well as being terrified. I must have missed what happened to Meg's Father?

Any one know the song played while they're at the fair? Also when they're swimming with dolphins? Be great if someone could tell me.

Think people are being a bit hard on Julia. Her daughter's dying. Her emotions are untitled to be all over the place as well as being terrified. I must have missed what happened to Meg's Father?

Any one know the song played while they're at the fair? Also when they're swimming with dolphins? Be great if someone could tell me.

Iirc, 'Six Months in a Leaky Bow' by Split Enz, and 'Everlasting Love, by Natalie Cole.I agree that this week has been quite boring, Meg and Blake the only real highlight, maybe also Sam's hopelessness in the kitchen (although of course it turned out okay). At

Randy and Fin doesn't do much for me, although Randy is pretty hot.

Archived