1992 Episode Discussion

Dan F

I agree Frank's had some unlikeable moments(he's improved slightly, and I mean slightly, since Bobby and Greg sorted things out)but unless I was watching the wrong scene he actually called Sam a "little bloke".Which doesn't sound nearly as bad.

Man, Sophie's dumb.I don't think you can even blame Lou here, since even though she came on strong to start with she did ultimately back off.Sophie's behaviour is verging on paranoia, Michael and Pippa have been supportive yet she's still insisting people are going to take her baby away.Fin was just as dumb for helping her, so it's a shame Simon seems to be the one copping all the flack:He's coming across as devoted but deluded, but I don't think you can really draw a line from his lie to Sophie running away.Blake seemed oddly unconcerned given he's known Sophie longer than pretty much anyone and is meant to be close to her.Shame Sally seems to be sidelined a bit as well, with Fin having replaced her as Sophie's confidante.

Well, Given Fin is in Sophie's age group, it's not entirely implausible.

So Frank has gone- No matter how much I wanted him to leave, he left at the wrong moment leaving Pippa and Michael in the lurch.

Where is Christopher in all of this? And Duncan?

Wasn't Roo born in 1970? So how was Alf and Julie a couple when he was married to Martha.

Wasn't Roo born in 1970? So how was Alf and Julie a couple when he was married to Martha.

Shhhhhhhhh!

*whispers* over the years many, many more of Alf's childhood sweethearts will be revealed or talked about, none of which make much sense date-wise (especially when trying to piece it all together). We're not supposed to notice! :)

Shhhhhhhhh!

*whispers* over the years many, many more of Alf's childhood sweethearts will be revealed or talked about, none of which make much sense date-wise (especially when trying to piece it all together). We're not supposed to notice! :)

Ah so we are onto our first massive continuity error.

I think Roo was meant to be 16 when the show started, indicating a 1971 birthdate, but we had all those flashbacks to Bobby's conception where Alf definitely seemed to be married in 1970.But hey, continuity errors have been part of the show ever since "I'm your only niece, Aunt Celia", what with Sophie acting like her father brought her up when he was in jail or living with Bobby her entire life, most of Don's family appearing or disappearing as the plot demands and Martin's father changing his name between appearances.(And according to some people Steven abruptly changed school year at one point but I've never been entirely sure about that one.)

I suspect I'm in a minority of one here but I actually found myself on Frank's side by the end.Or at least I felt sorry for him.Okay, he behaved badly and people had good reason to dislike him but Greg's childish whining about wanting him to leave town got on my nerves, as did Don presumptuously assuming he was there to cause more trouble rather than because it's his home.Guess he did the noble thing in the end by getting out of Bobby and Greg's lives even though he didn't have anywhere else to go.I can just about get him being embraced like an old friend next time he turns up, although I recall Alf's still badmouthing him in a few months' time.(And I think Steven makes a comment around 1996 that suggests the family have lost touch with him.)

Talking of Alf, I still don't understand what Simon did to deserve Alf treating him like dirt.He was behaving as bad as Michael was about Blake when Crawford around, without the excuse of having someone dripping poison in his ear, yet somehow Michael's the one who always seems to get the abuse.Thank goodness he listened to Donald.

Sally's appearances have been few and far between this season, I'm wondering if it's got to the point where Kate Ritchie's schoolwork was limiting the amount of time she could be on set.It's a huge shame because she really does add something and having her flit in and out of the storyline means there's key stuff going on without her.I really wish we'd seen her reaction to Sophie's pregnancy rather than just having a few throwaway lines weeks after the fact.

EPISODE 928

Meggie's mother Julia Bowman (Blake keeps calling her "Mrs Bowman". Why, I dunno ..... I mean do you really have to call your girlfriend's mother "Mrs" or "Ms" or whatever, instead of her first name????) has revealed to her old flame, Flamin' Alf, that Meg is dying, because she's got leukema.

*** SPOILERS ABOUT FUTURE EPISODES BELOW (covers a whole year's worth of episodes) ***

BE WARNED, if crying scenes make you cringe, you might want to steel yourself because for the next couple of months, Blake is going to torture himself again and again because he is so hopelessly "in love" with Meg. Be prepared for repeated blood-curdling scenes of Blake crying and sobbing as Meg is taken to hospital again and again, before she finally dies, and Blake is going to take months to get over Meg, and he never has another full-on "romance" ever again. It's going to damage him for the rest of his life.

I'm annoyed I missed the 1991 finale and 1992 start. That's what I wanted to see again!

I assume there is nowhere online to watch all these old episodes?

There is a certain area you can watch it on another site. Message me if you want anymore details!

Archived