2024 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Mixed feelings about Mackenzie and Levi.  I'm really not happy about them and as someone who has often defended Mackenzie, I'm disappointed in her.  However, I've found a couple of things quite amusing.  The speed dial remark from Eden re Levi turning up when she called him asking for advice re Remi thinking he was in the city.  Also, Eden and Levi's interaction at Salt and Mackenzie saying she didn't realise Levi had a +1.  I suspect Eden's going to be really displeased when he finds out Levi only turned up in the Bay to bang Mackenzie and that they're sleeping together full stop.

I've not had too much of an issue with Mali this time but I was shaking my head a Tane's attitude towards Mackenzie given that he's slept with other women whilst still married to Felicity (I know he's right but I still didn't like the hypocrisy).  I was actually surprised he referred to the fact that he slept with Felicity before he went to NZ when he cleared the air with Mackenzie, rather than the nights out as an example of messing up.

When Heather first rocked up, Marilyn was the first person to spot something was amiss.  With today's episode, she thought something was up with Valerie, when Valerie was quite persistent and she was looking at her in a slightly disapproving way when she offered to make her something at the Diner, so I suspect she's probably right about her as well.  I actually think it was reasonable for Justin to ask why Valerie was at the mental health clinic.  I'm assuming Valerie's reaction to Justin asking her is an indication she will be problematic.  I feel a bit sorry for Justin because to ensure Leah remains back home without any issues, he's now forced to allow someone into his house who's unvetted.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dan F said:

Technically he said "It's been a while since you called me" which is a bit more ambiguous 😄

Does make it even more mysterious doesn't it? 

That is the problem(?) with mobiles you never know that the person is actually where they say or you think  they are.  I'd say displeased would be putting it very, very mildly when Eden finds out. 

Mali wasn't being nosey he was just worried about her, was she OK, she'd expect him to say if he was staying out  overnight. Mac certainly put both feet in it thinking, very wrongly, Mali had dubbed her in.  He wouldn't do that even though he was being grilled by Tane who had a strong feeling something was up.  Have you met Mac when she's in full throttle?  No comment from anyone that Mac was wearing the outfit she had been wearing the day before.😉  Bet Flick would have picked up on it.  Not wanting to split hairs but Tane's sleeping with other women were one night stands, Mac is having an affair and it's the brother of someone she knows.   She is 'new' at this having an affair lark so it's still a novelty, exciting for her.  Even showing Mali Levi's 'don't contact  me' text didn't put her off.  I'm guessing Tane saying he made a mistake  was him sleeping with Felicity and giving her false hope they'd get back together.  Mac may not have eaten her breakfast - again - but Tane made short work of it. 

Yes Valerie, she was certainly miffed Leah moved back to Justin's without telling her and only sending a text - how very dare she!   Her ears certainly pricked up when Leah mentioned they had two spare rooms whereupon she did invite herself to stay with them  which Maz picked up on when it was mentioned at the Diner the next day when she and Justin were talking.   She did give her a  very odd look and Maz can have a knack of sensing when something isn't right with someone. Not always mind, she didn't pick up Tex was a bad 'un.  

Me three about Justin asking why Valerie was in the trauma clinic, he may not have gone about it the most tactful way but then tact isn't Justin's forte, but if someone who has been where she/he was he'd want to know something  in case he did/said something that might trigger a reaction from her/him and set them back.  Same answer she gave Theo that even Leah didn't ask her and it was only her therapist who she talked to about it, but then very next day she told him everything or did she?  Was that a rule of the clinic that patients didn't talk about why they  were there, but Valerie knew why Leah was there didn't she?

• Like 1

I'm glad the boys tried to get Mackenzie to see sense...as for her screamy tantrum confession, as the saying goes give them enough rope...

She doesn't really have the right to feel put out with Levi, she's the intruder as it were but also sadly, she's running away with the fact she thinks she's special and that he actually cares, sadly she's nothing of the kind in his eyes. She's easy to manipuate, good looking and willing but shiny new toys get old quick and I don't doubt he'd find a new woman lickety-split and she would be the only one left hurting and the boys would have to pick up the pieces. It shows what Levi's MO is really, pre-heart attack Mac would've had more self-respect and guts than to fall for his spiel but she's been freaked out, so easy prey.

Tane admitting he gave into temptation, my earlier cake/diet analogy in action; I still maintain Flick was naive to think it would go anywhere else other than a release they both wanted at time, it didn't change what she'd done.

Thanks for the correction, Dan, knew I should have double-checked that!

I got the feeling Justin was hoping Theo would say no to Valerie moving in, but he turned out to be very enthusiastic for it.Whether Justin has really decided to trust Leah and Theo's judgement or is just keeping his peace for now, I'm not sure.

I like that, having apparently accepted that Tane isn't going to change his mind, Felicity is trying to put her money where her mouth is and just be a good friend to him.Harper definitely seems to have been superseded as his go-to person! I'm not saying Felicity's motivation is entirely altruistic, because she probably wants Tane to stick around as well, but she's right that he'd be giving up a lot if he just up and left.

A lot of people failing to arrange dates here, with Mali, Dana and Xander all failing to properly think things through. Xander standing in the living area as Dana tries to convince Harper to go on his impromptu date was rather embarrassing and rather funny.

Edited by Red Ranger 1
  • Like 1

Pretty sure Tane has slept with at least 2 women on his nights out.  Mackenzie I believe has slept with Levi a couple of times.  So it's not as if you can argue he's had sex less times than she has.  And whether or not Mackenzie is having an affair or with the brother of someone she knows is irrelevant.  Cheating is cheating and Tane was being hypocritical.  You can argue what Tane did was worse as he was the one who took vows.  Mackenzie didn't sign a contract.  Furthermore, at least Mackenzie is cheating because she genuinely cares about Levi and not just because of some one night stand.

Hopefully this will be the end of the Tane Felicity stuff.  It was not fun while it lasted but hopefully they will find partners they are more compatible with.

I was also hoping Theo would object to Valerie moving in.  I just feel this is unfair because if their positions were reversed Leah would put up far more resistance to a guy staying with them to help him out, especially one they knew nothing about.  Also, her actions would be deemed as reasonable.

I don't know what it is about Dana but she drives me up the wall.  I think she should worry less about Harper's love life and trying to pair Harper with Xander and focus more on her own.

Theo did surprise Justin when he revealed, very discreetly, Valerie had told him something of why she was in the trauma clinic.  But from what we have seen in the preview maybe it wasn't such  a good idea.  I'm guessing they were Valerie's tablets which isn't a good idea either.   Justin did appear to be a bit put out that Leah and Valerie went off shopping then were going to Stewart's Point. 😀   

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree about Mac and Tane and their sleeping arrangements, but Tane wasn't romantically involved with his ladies but Mac is and it'll be more than just one person getting hurt when the truth comes out.  Mac may not have signed a contract but Levi did.  You can't help who you fall in love with but you can stop it getting physical. 

Felicity, hopefully, does mean what she told Tane about her being able to have him around and just be friends and that he would be giving up a lot.  I know he hasn't got any family in  the bay, but he's got friends and a business which he's put  a lot of effort into building up.  He did seem a bit distant when talking to Harper, but that was before he changed his mind, or rather Flick changed it for him.  Mali did try and give some very heavy hints to Felicity about why she should speak to Tane but obviously felt he had no choice but to tell her about Tane's plans.  

Felicity did look stunning in that dress and I loved her earrings, yes I know very superficial.   Salt looked very good, very romantic and not OTT,  and Xander  had worked his socks off.  Lots of crossed wires with x meeting up, or not, with x.  Rose and Mali being one couple  failing to co-ordinate their timings.   Mali did want the date to be a surprise which is why he hadn't let Rose into it before,  and he only got the tickets that day. 

Xander did make it very plain he didn't want to be matched up with anyone, or tried to.  He had nothing against Harper but like most people would like to arrange things himself.   I can get why Dana would like to see Harper with someone and Xander is a good guy, but you can't force these things.   We'll just have to wait and see how it goes won't we.    That was a tad cringe him standing there waiting for Harper to get her glad rags on.  Maybe he could give his opinion on what she should decide to put on. 😆

Edited by H&Alover

Episode counts this week:The only characters to manage three were Irene, Justin, Mackenzie and Mali.

Possibly the first definite evidence that Valerie may not be an entirely positive influence.I wondered if that was some sort of medication she was taking at the start, but given she gave some to Theo, probably not.The mood swings aren't exactly a good sign either.It feels like we've been here before with Theo trying to do everything and getting burned out.I'm not sure how long he's got to go on his apprenticeship but, while I understand him not wanting to drop it again, I can't see him keeping this up for long.Until the end, Valerie actually seemed fairly reasonable, being polite to Kirby and offering to take a rain check so Theo could meet her on his own.I'm not quite sure what Kirby's problem is, since Theo's only hung out with Valerie a couple of times and she's not really got the right to give an opinion on that again. Kirby storms away in the opposite direction to the house but is somehow inside it in the next scene? Did she go all the way round the front and through the door there?

Xander and Harper actually made a cute pair so I was a bit disappointed that they decided to keep it platonic (let's face it, neither of them's exactly spoilt for choice!), although they made a decent point about male/female friendships being just as important.(And hey, who knows who'll be dating who in a year or two's time?) I was expecting Rose's obsession with Xander's date to create more tension with Mali but he took it in his stride and didn't object to her delaying their breakfast for a conflab with Kirby either: Maybe he's just accepted his lot in life!

Edited by Red Ranger 1

What an evil indivdual Valerie is, plays the victim and manipulates good people absolutely no sympathy whatsoever. I think under normal circumstances Theo wouldn't be that stupid but sadly stress often breeds stupidity. Kirby is wise to Valerie already I think, she may not know the reason but knows the MO spot on, she needs to protect Lyrik as no-one else is in a position to right now.

Edited by Foellfan

Even though the only two things I’m interested in is Theo and Valerie and where they go with Cash 

I don’t think they do a good job behind characters reasons for turning to drugs Theo isn’t that stressed I don’t think Leah and Justin are sort of back on track he is in a band as a lead singer ok their quite rubbish but still and he works with cars Same happened with Brody his drug problem came at a strange time