2024 Season - UK Episode Discussion

This is not about Dean, it's about Mali and Mali is an idiot.  Giving someone a fried breakfast who was hospitalised twice due to having a heart attack and a tear in the heart, who has only recently come out of hospital and been advised by their doctor to eat healthily is monumentally stupid (saying nobody eats anything that's put in front of them is really a stretch and doesn't come close to refuting that point).  And I believe you should be using brekkie, brekky, or breakie.

Bree's OCD controlling nature of Remi continues.  I have to admit, I did laugh when Eden went to see him and she said Kirby and her needed security clearance to get past Bree.  It really does feel like Bree's one of those characters the writers are continually going to make suffer.  I think her staying to look after Remi rather than going to see her dad on life support is a way of not wanting to deal with it.

So one of Leah's fellow crazies from the loony bin turns up.  I wouldn't mind being roomies with her.

• Like 1

I thought Cash had decided not to give up being a cop but the way he was talking it seems he has decided to.  Will that mean Rose will be the only cop at Yabbie Creek we  actually see solving crimes?  The others just drift about, not counting the invisible sarge. 

Funny how a lot of cops, usually retired, go into the security business, but they can turn out  to be very dodgy.  Perhaps a future storyline coming up?🤔

It looked like Remi isn't coping as well as he was trying to kid people he was,  the pain is still bothering him so not as quick a recovery  as people on here and other sites were thinking. I'm guessing Bree isn't treating Remi as her patient but just as his carer?  At least she's now wearing scrubs.  I think we heard about Bree's parents when we first met her, they supported her when she was young, but hardly  a mention since she's been with Remi.  Not sure if they really approve of him as they did think a  lot of Jacob.  Her dad's accident sounded pretty bad, head injury,  and she must be torn about whether to go or stay with Remi, he'd definitely want her to go.   I'm glad she told Eden about it and Eden, not that is any of her business, kept quite about her not telling Remi about her dad and said she was staying with him. 

Ah yes Valerie - Leah's roomie - don't suppose there was much chance of going out boogyng at the clinic. 🙄  Could be all sorts of reasons people are admitted to this clinic, drugs, depression, suicidal thoughts.  She had been there a while but  did give Leah some good advice about letting Justin in just  a little bit which happened at the tea at Alf's,  how handy was that and Justin rocking up with her gear, plenty of folk there so she and he weren't alone.   I did notice Maz was giving Valerie some odd looks and was eavesdropping into her and Lea's conversation.  That was an odd talk between her and Justin at the garage, didn't really resolve anything apart for agreeing to leave Theo out of their problem.  He did have a flash of temper knocking the tool box on  the floor.

Good shape for her age indeed,👵 would you say that about a bloke? 👴😠😆

23 minutes ago, Slade said:

And I believe you should be using brekkie, brekky, or breakie.

I do most humbly apologise for spelling brekkie wrong. 😟

I don’t know it’s probably exciting when you get to do a make out scene as a actor and Felicity is quite attractive I  guess But my goodness don’t get back together I beg you  stop it with these merry go around episodes I just don’t care 

I don’t understand what Bree says when she has these crying fits to be honest but I take it she’s gone to see her dad good 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, H&Alover said:

would you say that about a bloke?

Maybe. If I thought it was true.

Awkwardness abounds between Tane and Felicity, from their small-talk at the start, to her not being sure whether or not to say anything later and settling for an awkward smile and walking away grimacing. I was actually quite enjoying Dana being the irritating little sister, although she didn't really think the consequences through: That said, neither did Harper! (Not really any reason for Dana to close her eyes except so she couldn't see Felicity right there?) I did like Felicity's low-key reaction but in the end...her and Tane falling back into old patterns of behaviour?

I don't think it was Kirby's place at all to tell Remi about Bree's family and she's lucky it didn't blow up more than it did. Similarly, Remi lurching out into the corridor to prove a point is likely to have done more harm than good.

I was glad Alf pulled Marilyn back into line and stopped her scheming to get Leah and Justin back together: They need to sort this out themselves. I must admit I'd completely forgotten about the surf club losing the sponsorship money and had to check back to find out what Alf was talking about when he talked about losing $30,000! I guess that's the secret Dana's been told?

Apology accepted.  You may want to think twice about correcting people who don't spell every single word correctly because this isn't the first time this has happened.

I don't think Felicity gave good advice to Kirby as it was based solely on her situation and I think Bree's scenario was different.  In saying that it was Kirby I was annoyed with and Bree should have been able to tell Remi about her dad being in a coma when she was ready and not have Kirby make that decision, so I was glad Bree said something to her.  Kirby also annoyed me when she asked Bree if she stuffed up afterwards, when she knew full well she did.  Although it does seemed to have worked out with Bree going to see her father now.

Dana continues to be annoying.  I have no issue with her winding Harper up when it's just them, but I really don't like the way she makes comments about Harper and Tane getting together when other people are around.  She firstly does it right in front of Tane, knowing full well how difficult and awkward the situation was before.  Then she does it as Salt when Felicity overheard her mention the kiss when she was serving her and Harper.

You do have to wonder when Harper went to speak to Felicity afterwards and said nothing was going to happen with Tane, whether that was a precursor to something happening.  I did agree when Harper said to Felicity, when the kiss occurred with Tane didn't really matter and I don't think it does Felicity any good knowing, although I get her wanting to know.  Going back to Dana, even after she saw Harper and Felicity have the talk she was quite excited that Felicity didn't kick off and she didn't seem to give one iota of how that made Felicity feel i.e. Felicity's at work, she's trying to be professional and has to overhear that.  Even Harper felt bad and this is the thing with Dana, she genuinely seems to lack empathy.

I initially thought the scenes with Felicity and Tane felt really awkward.  It was bad enough with their conversation at the beginning but even when she saw Tane with Harper after they finished their training sessions, it was hard for me to watch.  That's why I found the end of the episode so surprising with them jumping back into bed together.

I only correct people when they spell people's names wrong.

That was a very oops moment, Felicity was very restrained after overhearing what she did, placed their cups down very gently and said let me know want you want to eat when you're ready.  Harper didn't have to explain anything to Flick but maybe she felt she ought to, it wasn't the kiss in itself that upset Felicity but when it happened, the day after the Fund Raiser when her and Tane seemed on better terms.  I suppose it must have been awkward for Tane telling his family about him and Felicity breaking up as family means a lot to them. 

That was unexpected with what happened between Tane and Flick, is she going to read more into it than there was?  He's sending very mixed messages. 

It is debatable if Kirby should have told Remi about Bree's dad when it was Bree's private business, but Remi is being very well looked after and her mum will need her there. Bree would feel terrible if he died and she wasn't there and  Remi would feel guilty if he felt Bree was putting him before her dad.  Btw have Remi's parents been told as no mention of them, no calls, no visit.   

On the subject of patients in hospital is it an in built instinct of us or anyone when they are visiting to ask "How are you/how are you feeling?" What are the patients meant to say?  It's the same as when someone falls over, the first question we tend to ask  is "Are you OK?" 

Well done there Alf for putting Maz in her place, even he can see Leah and Justin need their own time to work it out.  It was spontaneous Justin calling round the way he did and luckily it went OK apparently.   Still no Irene  then as Alf was helping Marilyn put chairs on tables.   It appeared Alf didn't know about Roo's scheme to get new sponsors.   

I get his concern, but how did Mali think that "house visits" comment was going to land? Again, I get where Mackenzie's head is even if I don't think it's a very healthy place to be: She's been through a scary experience and become attached to the person that helped her through it. (She's even continuing to make jokes about him being her doctor, so that's clearly at the front of her thoughts.) But what is Levi playing at? Is Mackenzie really so irresistible that he's willing to risk his career and, it now seems, his marriage in order to sneak around with her?

Felicity really did assume a lot about that hook-up rather than reading the room and seeing how awkward Tane was. To be fair, Tane did seem to be sending out mixed messages, especially with that comment on the rings. In the circumstances, I guess getting away and putting some space between them isn't the worst idea.

Roo was lucky Tane and Felicity were likely to agree to just about anything to get out of that meeting! This new surf club triumvirate is at least giving us an alternative to Alf and John butting heads. So, $30,000 donation. Am I barking up the wrong tree to wonder if Banjo might have made it to make up for the trouble his father's caused?

Well Lyrik is a band not a person so that's not true but yeah, very selective with the spell checking Hlover.

I think it's quite funny that Alf is having to go through all this stress re the Surf Club for someone he doesn't even like.

Tane was out of line.  Felicity was at the point where she had accepted it was time to move on after talking to Harper and he basically used her.  Part of me wondered whether it was frustration with him not being able to progress things with Harper.  Xander's face when Felicity told him was quite amusing.  Looked like doom and gloom and he knew Tane was going to reject her.

Mackenzie's bodyguard was on duty again although when she got fed up with him, he seemed to move onto Tane.  I'm assuming he still thought Tane and Felicity had a chance given that he advised Tane to sleep on it rather than nipping it in the bud right away with regards to her having false hope.

I'm no doctor but I'm a little surprised Mackenzie is back to being at Salt and ready to you-know-what with Levi.  It can take weeks, months to recovery from a heart attack, especially if you've had major surgery.