2024 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Watching tonights episode I couldn't help but think Levi's one hell of a surgeon, performing open heart surgery without leaving a scar. Most patients would have a 6" vertical scar but Mac appears to be unscathed 🙂  Anyway, I think the pair of them are in for some deserved heart break, weak hypocrites that they are.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Psychic Wombat said:

Watching tonights episode I couldn't help but think Levi's one hell of a surgeon, performing open heart surgery without leaving a scar. Most patients would have a 6" vertical scar but Mac appears to be unscathed 🙂  Anyway, I think the pair of them are in for some deserved heart break, weak hypocrites that they are.

Nobody, but nobody has any scars on H&A, I don't think it's allowed.   The only one who did was Kyle when he had his tatts removed.   The actor who plays Tane - Ethan Browne - has one but that was because he had an op in real life.

• Like 1

Well done Irene for stepping in and getting Roo and John to reach a truce.    Though there was no need for Roo to call the new walkie-talkies 'toys', they are an essential part of kit for life savers.  OK John may have gone OTT wanting to but such expensive ones but they are needed.  

Not a huge part of the story but who was this mystery person Cash got a call from, something about why have you left it so long to contact me.  I'm probably way, way out but it couldn't have been Jasmine could it? 

Mac wasn't exactly wearing a lot when Eden rocked up so unlikely she could have just claimed she'd dropped by to see Levi and why would she, he is her ex doctor. 

Good exchange of getting to know you  stories between Levi and Mac, Mac told Levi about her dads serial cheating which is why she initially didn't want to get with him.  He did drop  a bit of a clanger by starting to say 'Imogen and I were going to this concert'.😳  Yes indeedy Eden did mean sisters in the plural not singular.  Is she older than Levi, middle sister, younger sister? Is there a reason she is -who-must-not-be-named?  Levi said he was the only one to take his dad's side so has to be another reason.   Levi and Eden are  biblical names aren't they, so are/were their parents particularly religious?

I can see it both from Remi and Eden's side.  Eden did 'know' Wes and Mickey, she sensed Mickey was the far more reasonable of the two and be able to be talked round to do the right thing.  Mickey did try and help her get away at the end. Remi was out of it through the whole thing and I don't suppose he would recognise who was who. OK just dumping him at the roadside and calling an ambulance doesn't exclude what Mickey did before but he did it.   Levi said exactly the right thing that  it's 'her' decision, she'd been through it, no-one else had and that she knows her own mind.  Remi is also entitled to put his feelings across, he has been very badly injured and looks like he won't be over it in  a  matter of days/weeks and not just physically even if as said he was totally out of it. 

Flick is the only one who has been there, done that with her rapist - Jeremy - and she did it face to face. 

I'm supposing that as Wes & Mickey pled/pleaded guilty  the length of term served inside may depend on what the victim statements say?  It does seem right and only proper Wes gets the longer sentence, it was him that run Remi off the road in the first place, forced Mickey into helping him   kidnap Remi, but they did think he was dead so were 'only' burying  a body. 

Edited by H&Alover

So done with Mac and the Doc, if his Mrs shows up and chins you both, I'm cheering her on!

Let's hope it's not 5 steps forward then 10 back for Leah and Justin after this.

I saw when Remi was coming from ; Sometimes when you're vexed at person, you want the people who helped the perpetrator, be it willingly or under duress, beaten with the same belt.

Their lawyers probably told them "You're in a BIG Cartload of S***, Your best bet is to cop it sweet and take a lesser term."

Still no last names for these guys, though...

Seemed to be some promising progress for Leah and Justin. So...apparently she didn't actually give him an answer when he asked her to move in, given that she just turned up with her bags?! Meanwhile, Mackenzie and Levi seemed to be living in a fantasy and that rather blunt reply to her flirty text may be the reality check she desperately needs.

Eden did have the right to make whatever statement she wanted, so I'm glad Cash and Remi kind of cottoned on to that and let her do it. Remi seemed to come round to her way of thinking a bit too quickly but maybe he understood she was just being balanced.

So, with Cash admitting he knows who the donor is, are we to assume that's the person he was speaking to on the phone last episode? I've toyed with Dean, Nikau (probably using Bella's money...) and, yes, even Jasmine, but how would any of them know the amount needed? Is there anyone obvious I'm missing who those involved are likely to have spoken to? At least Roo backed down with John a bit, even if she wasn't willing to let him say "I told you so."

• Like 1

My error, Mac was dressed, but I think it still would have seemed odd  her visiting his motel room.   Rather rash her kissing him goodbye in broad daylight!  He had a bloody  nerve scolding her sending that text, but she's not psychic so wouldn't  know when he's going to be with his wife. 

Remi did appear to change his mind when Eden was reading out her victim statement, not totally excusing Mickey but suggesting he was under the influence of Wes, he was totally thrown under the bus - not an intended link to being run over btw.  Remi looked like he was having  a flashback even though as been said he was out of it the rest of the time which will take time for him to get through.   

I'm guessing Leah decided to move back off screen, I'm guessing there will be guide lines set, let's hope Justin keeps to them and it not as if they are living there alone Theo is there.    Random thought but yes she was only just getting back to work, but she only appeared to have done an hour or two then disappeared for the rest of the day.  She went for lunch then tipped back up when it was getting dark. 

Cash did shut down the investigation right after that call he had didn't he, he told Roo the donation was legal but Roo didn't mention that to John did she?  Did he tell Roo who it was off screen?  People on another site have said John or Alf but what about the both of them, very unlikely I know given their history but it would be for the good of the Surf Club.  Does Dean have that kind of money still and has it been that long since Cash spoke to him?  He said to this person "it's been a while since we spoke" or words to that effect.  Does Jasmine have that kind of money?  Even if it's a one-off it's a lot of dosh. 

The Date Night seems to be coming along nicely.

On 01/04/2024 at 20:13, Psychic Wombat said:

I didn’t even think of scars yeah quite silly 

The whole "It's been a while since we last spoke" would definitely seem to rule out Alf or John: I'd think it would be someone that's been gone from the Bay for a few months at least. No, Roo doesn't know, she just knows that Cash does, and she's kept even that much from John.

Mackenzie should have a think about why she's getting defensive: For all the "I'm not married" schtick, she knows she's doing the wrong thing. And she's now finding that being "the mistress" isn't all that easy after all, since it involves waiting around for her married lover to make time for her. Tane and Mali both had a go at giving her a dose of common sense, but she's obviously not in the mood so they seem to have given up. I was actually expecting Tane to twist the conversation and make a point at the end, but seems he was genuine about calling a truce. I notice that, even though Mali didn't break her confidence, he didn't do anything to stop Mackenzie blurting it out!

That did seem to be a quick turnaround from Valerie, who went from being head shipper on deck for Leah and Justin, to feeling a bit left out now they're making progress.Maybe she expected Leah to need her for longer? She was another one that was rather defensive in response to a few subtle questions from Justin, who definitely looked like he was feeling the odd one out when Leah and Valerie went off together!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

The whole "It's been a while since we last spoke" would definitely seem to rule out Alf or John: I'd think it would be someone that's been gone from the Bay for a few months at least.

Technically he said "It's been a while since you called me" which is a bit more ambiguous 😄