2024 Season - UK Episode Discussion

*sighs* Valerie... It's always the pretty ones that are cuckoo! *does loop finger gesture*

I think the writers are High at times so this balances it out lol

Dana... Great set of pins and would rather chill in the house of a (presumably Fri) evening. My kind of girl!

And yes, Theo and Kirby sounded like a couple of Cats that .. had... "things done to them"! Yeesh!

No, Tane wasn't romantically involved with the women but he still slept with them whilst he was married, so his conversation with Mackenzie was hypocritical.  He took the moral highground using his own situation, completely ignoring his infidelity with multiple women to criticise Mackenzie for sleeping with a married man.

I did find it amusing when Irene was fishing for info on Harper's date, she asked Harper expecting her to dish the dirt, Harper gave a one word answer and Irene just had to leave it.  I also often find it amusing when you get comments that say they're better suited as friends or they don't see someone romantically which is normally code for they don't find the person physically attractive.  Dana once again displays her lack of tact just coming out and telling Xander Harper just wanted to be friends like that, in front of Irene when he was looking at something romantically.  I can see now why she was going out of her way to help John and so invested in Harper's love life.  It's because she's got no life of her own.

Valerie is going to be a big problem eventually.  We've already seen the signs with practically inviting herself into Justin's place and biting his head off when he enquired about why she was in the mental health facility (After watching the preview on Thursday I did think she was a drug user, although I did try to give her the benefit of the doubt by assuming they were prescription drugs).  For a second time, I think someone was acting reasonable enough when Theo complained about his TAFE results in his own home, irrespective of whether it was his own fault or not, but Valerie's reaction was again over the top.  If this was someone he didn't fancy, I'm not sure he would have been sympathetic, or even OK with her moving in, in the first place.  Although, I will say I'm loving how Valerie and Theo getting closer is winding Kirby up. 

Why do looks have to do with  anything? The guy/gal you might think is good looking I might not.  Besides it's their personality  that keeps you with them, you either click or you don't.  Irene herself did a good bit of shutting down when questioned by Harper.  Luckily Xander felt the same about just being friends with Harper, I think he's adult not to take it personally  she doesn't fancy him in that way.  Both Harper and Xander did touch on the ways they found coping with stress, him when he was  paramedic and her job as a SW.  He mentioned he found surfing had been a good outlet, skipping the tattooing obsession and Harper doing the gym.

I'm guessing the pills we saw Valerie taking were prescribed from the clinic and to be taken if she feels stressed/worried.  I think though, when she talked to Theo about her brother, she said she had been a drinker and drug user.  Anyways if they  are hers you don't give them anyone else, you don't know how they will affect them and that is any prescription drugs.   Did look an interesting end to their evening which we saw in the preview.😉

Going out on  a limb but could Valerie be bi-polar?   It would explain her mood swings. 

Theo was indeed absolutely entitled to feel frustrated/angry about not passing his TAFE exam  so didn't need Valerie having a   strop.  He'd worked so hard on it but had so many other distractions, Lyrik, Leah, trying to get Justin to teach him his job.   I  may have misheard but did she say her brother loves his cars?  Kirby and Valerie did seem to get along at first but it didn't last.  That did make my head spin Kirby going off in one direction then being in the house.😵‍💫  I'm probably in the minority but I don't mind Lyrik even if there are only two of them at the moment but I felt they could have played quieter seeing as it was supposed to be a romantic evening.   Of course Remi is OUA and Eden is looking after him so that is why she wasn't there.   I did like how they bigged up Xander for his role in organising the evening.   

I wouldn't say Valerie is evil, but she  does have problems I think we've only seem to have scratched the surface of. 

It was great to see Rose turn up at Xander's Moonlight at Salt and she did look good even though she couldn't stop rubber necking at Xander and Harper until Mali got her to swop seats. 🤣  Is she going to get out the thumbscrews/rubber truncheon to question him?

• Haha 1

On 06/04/2024 at 02:29, Red Ranger 1 said:

Xander and Harper actually made a cute pair so I was a bit disappointed that they decided to keep it platonic (let's face it, neither of them's exactly spoilt for choice!), although they made a decent point about male/female friendships being just as important.(And hey, who knows who'll be dating who in a year or two's time?)

Yes who will the new couples be in a year or 2? I wonder :whistling:

Doc Misery's back then is she, but wouldn't wish what she's been through on anyone (Close Mate lost both his parents a while back and another lost his Father and his Mrs lost her mother)

Had to laugh at Theo. I'm surprised his shirt wasn't freaking him out while "out of it"  as it's a bit... "live". And Valerie, no matter how good you look, NO shoes on the bed! 

Hard to get a handle on Valerie.It's pretty much confirmed the drugs aren't prescription given her statement they don't have a list of ingredients, although the show remains typically vague otherwise.She's obviously got demons but she also seems determined to involve Theo, not that he needs much encouragement.Leah and Justin apparently went home to change before their date night but presumably didn't take much notice of what Theo and Valerie were up to? (Had Theo come down at that point?)Kirby seemed to be protesting a bit too much with her insistence that she's not jealous (Remi didn't really seem convinced), but now she's got a good reason to mistrust Valerie.

Yep, Bree returns and it turns out both she and Remi have been keeping secrets from each other, for pretty much the same reason, not that either of them really seems willing to admit it.Some communication problems there perhaps!

"Why do looks have to do with anything?".  Because attraction is more often than not based on physical appearance.  Yes, the personality keeps you with them but to even get to the point where your personality is evaluated you have to be attracted to them in the first place.  It's like if you're applying for a job and there's a basic set of criteria you need to meet in order to get the interview and they will reject people if they don't meet the thresholds.  If these have been met you then have the interview to determine if you're suitable for the role.  You only need to look at posts within various parts of the forum over the last 15 years to see how important somebody's appearance is.  And it reflects within various aspects in real life.  I will caveat by saying in terms of dating the older you get, the less importance there is solely on looks and the younger people are, the more shallow they tend to be.

I did find Theo quite amusing when he was high.  I'm surprised he would just take the first pill with very little resistance when Valerie offered it.  Whilst I hope this is just a minor setback and Theo doesn't become addicted, part of me thinks when the crap hits the fan, it will be good to see it reflecting badly on Leah given she didn't really give Justin any option in allowing Valerie to move in initially.

I do feel sorry for Bree, thinking she couldn't turn to Remi during her father's death.  I know they've been friends for a long time but it was still disappointing Kirby felt Remi had the right to know about Bree's dad being ill but didn't feel Bree had the right to know Remi was back home from the hospital.

It could be even if Valerie's drugs are  prescription she wouldn't know what is in them.   She may just have the knack on picking up on people who may 'need' them which is why she has zoned in on Theo.  I suppose Theo & Valerie could have gone out again when Justin & Leah came back to change so had just fallen asleep. His door was shut so no reason why Justin & Leah would think anyone was there.🤔  She does keep mentioning her brother to Theo so I still get this feeling there is more to her story.

Kirby soon picked up on the fact Theo was 'high', naturally he denied but made a quick exit.  When Kirby first saw Valerie with Theo on the beach all she saw was them talking so no need for any antenna to be twitching.  It was when she was at Lyrik's house and the fact she was looking at Kirby's book with her lyric's in.  Maybe a touch jealous but maybe she is also worried about Theo's sudden attachment to Valerie and not wanting him to get hurt.  He does tend to fall for people, OK women, pretty quick and hard - Chloe, Kirby and now in her eyes maybe Valerie. 

Bree made a sudden reappearance and from what was said  in the Diner it seemed no-one knew why she had left, going by Irene's comment about how it must have been nice to see her mum and dad.  Then she found out the other 'secret' that Remi had been home for  a week or so.  We know why he kept quiet so she could be with her  parents and apart from his initial  wobble he's doing OK.  I think both he and Kirby talked her round as to why they didn't tell her even with the 'shock' news that Levi had to be called out. 

The she revealed her own news about her dad which in context did make even more sense why Remi did what he did.  It must have been  so traumatic for her and  her mum with the whole  debate of switching the life support system off or not.  As she said to Remi she's talked to patient's families about it many a time but when  it's you it's happening to you it's completely different. Bit of  a shock the funeral had already been held though if Remi had been in hospital there was no way he could have got there.  Do/did Bree's mum and her late dad know about Remi? 

Personally, I enjoyed today's episode: I think the cast are strong and likable enough that just sticking them together and letting them play off each other is a good experience.Theo definitely doesn't seem to be backwards in embracing Valerie's lifestyle (and, indeed, Valerie), to the point that she's the one trying to advise caution.At least we got some references to her therapy, which seems to have helped her to an extent but not enough that she doesn't keep relying on drugs for a quick fix.Elsewhere, progress for Justin and Leah after awkwardly heading off to separate rooms.

Tane, Xander, Harper and Dana isn't a combination we see very often but they sparked off each other well and it was nice that, for all the teasing, everyone ultimately supported Harper trying her hand at a dating app.Dana meanwhile seems to have stumbled across a dating opportunity of her own... It's nice to see Irene with younger characters that go to her for advice again.

I think Kirby was pretty even-handed with regards pointing out that Remi and Bree have both lied to each other for their own reasons. Bree's reasoning made sense but it feels like she's compounding her mistake a bit by not letting her mother meet Remi: Hopefully that will be rectified.

• Like 1