2024 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Valerie gives Leah and Justin another push and this one seems to have worked out okay, with them deciding to take things slowly (but hopefully it won't take "forever" as Justin suggested!). And we get a bit of back story from Valerie as she opens up to Theo.So, it sounds like she really doesn't have anywhere else to go.Well, I guess she's in the right place:Summer Bay, capital of waifs and strays!

Remi is being almost ridiculously stubborn. I guess I should feel some sympathy for the pain he's in but he just seems to be pressing ahead without any real plan.Yeah, Leah being listed as Patterson-Baker, a name she hasn't used since before Eden knew her, was downright weird: I suspect the props department are still using an outdated resource!

I was going to show off and say most people tell me stuff not long after meeting me Valerie saying she only tells her counsellor stuff but she told Theo so I guess he has that magical touch too I’m not sure that singing at dinner was all that natural though sounded like it was touched up in a recording studio to me 

For once Felicity I agreed with her Cash couldn’t have taken a more boring case even if he had tried 

On 28/03/2024 at 21:11, Red Ranger 1 said:

Valerie gives Leah and Justin another push and this one seems to have worked out okay, with them deciding to take things slowly (but hopefully it won't take "forever" as Justin suggested!). And we get a bit of back story from Valerie as she opens up to Theo.So, it sounds like she really doesn't have anywhere else to go.Well, I guess she's in the right place:Summer Bay, capital of waifs and strays!

Remi is being almost ridiculously stubborn. I guess I should feel some sympathy for the pain he's in but he just seems to be pressing ahead without any real plan.Yeah, Leah being listed as Patterson-Baker, a name she hasn't used since before Eden knew her, was downright weird: I suspect the props department are still using an outdated resource!

They recycled the Watson Badge, They keep Richard Sydenham as a prosecutor but always rename the guy, so I put nothing past props 🤣

Edited by CaptainHulk
Actor name correction
  • Haha 1

That was one of  a hell of u-turn from Valerie.  I know people have posted on here about strangers always having to have a secret as in a wife/husband/been in prison etc but I had this feeling maybe Valerie wasn't telling Theo the whole truth?  It was odd she said Leah never asked her anything which knowing Leah would be very unlike her.   Did she open up to Theo because of his background or did she sense he may be a soft touch or was I reading too much into it?  Theo was a waif himself wasn't he? 

Haven't we heard this taking it slowly line many times?🙄  Justin agrees then keeps ringing Leah wanting to know when he can talk/see her/when they can get back together.

Remi had  had the OK to be discharged and was told to expect some pain, but that was too much and he was just being stubborn, I'm not gong to be sexist and say typical man  as some women can be just the same, maybe not wanting to go to hospital again which you can't really blame him for.  I'm in two minds about him not wanting Bree to know, cos as sure as eggs are eggs she'll want to come back  and want to look after him and her dad is dying so he feels she should be there.  Fingers🤞 he's not going to peg it anytime soon. Eden and Kirby arguing about it is not going to help his recovery.  He knows too what she'll be like hovering over him and making him feel worse.   It is his decision which may  be going against Kirby's promise to Bree but it is his.   I bet Eden never thought she'd be ringing Levi and asking for his help.   

Brief  mention of Wes and Mickey, they'd pled/pleaded guilty and were  awaiting trial. 

Alf's episode count:Suspended.

Never has the fact that Cash and Harper both ended up with a chaotic younger sister who's now more responsible but just as chaotic been more obvious: I could just see Xander thinking "Oh boy, not another one" during his first encounter with Dana! Nice to find out that Harper does have a bit of history beyond being a social worker and Dana's sister.Not sure Facebook stalking her ex is an entirely healthy way of dealing with things! I'm assuming, although it's not clear, that this would have been their wedding anniversary?

Well, fair play to Levi for at least going to see Remi before his assignation with Mackenzie.Turns out it's not as bad as it looked, he just needs to adjust, I guess.So, it turns out Eden knows Levi's married, which hasn't been clear until now.Good job she does, because Mackenzie and Levi seem to have given up caring.They just seem to be digging themselves a bigger hole now.

I'm just thinking of how past Doctors would have handled Remi and his stubborness, Flynn and Rachel would have tried to reason with him, James would have called him an idiot and msy have used reverse psychology and Christian probably would have picked him up and carried him to NDH kicking and screaming 🤣🤣

Mac/Levi... 🙄

Edited by CaptainHulk
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Cheers.

HAPPY EASTER TO YOU ALL TOO..

Interesting to find out Harper did have a love life even if she had ditched her finance at the altar to support  Dana.  She did seem a bit  miffed he had not only found someone else but had married and has a child!  It was mentioned it was a couple of years ago. 

Maybe a date night night would be  a good idea, couples who have busy lives forget to make time for each other need a night out to reconnect.  

Maybe Levi deciding to pay a house call was just an excuse to visit Mac?   It was good to know Eden did know about Imogen, did he tell her when they had that talk but we didn't see that bit.    Of course now he and Mac will have to be more careful,  this time he rejected Imogen's call. So simple reason why Remi was feeling so bad, he was pill popping without eating which is never  a good idea.  Mac played it  cool when Levi walked into Salt then was followed by Eden, but did keep making excuses to visit their table. 

Bit more about about Wes and Mickey and their sentencing so got to be more to it then it seems.

Edited by H&Alover

I continue to side more with John than Roo, even if John was a bit over the top at times, and I think there was a very good case that Roo was misusing surf club funds to satisfy her personal curiosity.Again, Irene just seemed tired of the whole thing.So I'm glad Roo accepted that she should use her own money if she wants to hire Cash to look into this, and I think it's fair enough that John decided not to splash money about on expensive equipment, because I continue to think that not wanting John to treat money required to make up a shortfall as extra money to play about with was the only valid point Roo was making.

I think Remi and particularly Cash were being very unreasonable here.Eden's not saying anything about helping someone get away with something, she just wants to make sure that the responsibility is allocated fairly, for all Cash's claims of lawyers spinning things to let people get away with big crimes with a slap on the wrist. (Yeah, and most of them were members of the regular cast...) I'm glad that, whether they entirely agree with her or not, Felicity and Levi are giving Eden the respect of trusting she knows her own mind. That said, I think Remi is equally within his rights to make a statement from his perspective.

One of those daft scenarios where characters act more suspiciously by trying to cover something up they don't need to: It's not like Levi and Mackenzie were in bed or something when Eden showed up, so why not just let her in and say Mackenzie popped round for a chat, rather than hiding her? After many of us were beginning to think we'd imagined Eden referring to Levi leaving his "sisters" when he first showed up, it's nice to get confirmation that, yes, there is two of them. Also glad we got a reminder of Eden growing up in a funeral home, because I was beginning to wonder if this new back story had overwritten it, so thanks for the consistency, show!

Edited by Red Ranger 1