2024 Season - UK Episode Discussion

That time of the year again, as we kick off the show's 37th season on UK screens.

Usual spiel applies - this thread runs at Channel 5 pace so please be mindful of that in regards to spoilers, particularly if you've caught the first look episode on 5Star.

As with last year, we start the season exactly 8 weeks behind the Australian airings.

• Dan F pinned this topic

I’m kinda disappointed they didn’t kill Remi off but I guess he is the main driving force for Lyrik really 

Another disappointment was having Tane and Felcity in the episode haha but I guess it makes sense for them to help Cash with the search 

I'm guessing we're 8 weeks behind in terms of when this episode was shown, but thanks to the vagaries of Channel 7's schedule, Channel 5 is 41 episodes behind the Oz broadcasts, which is slightly more than 8 weeks. This will, of course, fluctuate wildly during the course of the year.

So, yep, Remi isn't dead, which is pretty much the only good news, especially since he's not exactly fighting fit.Despite the randomness, the peril is actually being handled quite well, with Eden in a fairly powerless position, only able to beg and plead to get what she wants (and leave a bit of a clue).The cast was fairly small, with Alf just getting a one-scene cameo to reassure people that he's still on the show, meaning we don't really get to see many people's reaction to what's happened to Remi and Eden.

Cash has done the right thing in calling for help, but unfortunately they're barking up completely the wrong tree in assuming Eden is just lying somewhere waiting to be found rather than having been kidnapped. I did quite like Tane and Felicity continuing to be amicable. Tane talking to Bree and Dana was a bit random, but I guess he is helping organise the fundraiser.

3 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Remi should have sat bolt upright like WWE's Undertaker when he  even stirred.

They really would have s*** themselves!😁🤣

Remi isn’t as cool or scary as the Undertaker 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Remi should have sat bolt upright like WWE's Undertaker when he  even stirred.

I remember the days when it was WWF.

I can't believe this storyline is making me feel sorry for Eden.

I do think the funniest part of the episode was when those guys put Remi down and their horror and panic when he started breathing.  I do think the younger brother isn't necessarily a bad person as he wanted to do the right thing from the beginning but has made some poor choices since.

I'm glad Felicity and Tane are getting on but hope this isn't the start of a reconciliation.

• Like 1

I thought that was a good episode, plenty of tension flying about.

OK Eden may not be everyone's fav person but to her credit she did talk Wes and Mickey out of dumping Remi's body in the middle of nowhere but try and get him somewhere he could be found so she went up in my estimation. She sussed out Mickey was the easier one to talk around.  That was a scare Remi suddenly taking that breath, though him being lugged around like a sack of potatoes won't be helping his injuries any, spinal damage perhaps?   Eden recognised Remi needed warmth as he was going into shock which is why she asked for that blanket.  Of course now it has left her being threatened with death, but somehow I don't see Wes as a killer, he hit Remi by accident even if he had been drinking. The fact Mickey gave the paramedics Remi's location made me think they're not complete strangers to the area.   Eden's clue won't really help much, just let the cops in on the fact they had come into contact with each other. 

It was good to see Tane and Felicity talking to each other quite civilly and friendly, him offering her to help carry those boxes and her not getting offended that she needed a bloke to help her. Then him straight away saying he'd go with her to help Cash and they put their problems on hold to help him.   Felicity came across all through the episode as being the calm and controlled one, quite a role reversal there seeing as it's usually the other way round.  She talked Cash down from his panic and got him to think logically and offered to stay with  him while  Tane went back to the bay when he got the news about Remi being  found.   Of course not knowing the district at all we wouldn't know if any of the locations are anywhere near each other. 

To be fair the SES probably have a set procedure for looking for people, there were two groups, one looking in the river, the others going inland, they'd have no idea she had been  grabbed although Cash did point out the pit and the tyre tracks which they ignored.  He didn't hear the motor the night before did he?  Did they not find the torch and loo roll?   Sabrina did ask all the right questions, Eden's state of mind, what she was wearing, did she know the area. Even if Eden had had the mad idea of taking off she was hardly dressed for it and had left her phone behind. 

The seemingly random brief appearance of Bree did make sense later after she kept trying to call him then he was brought in.  I was going to say should she be treating him though but of course on H&A they do. 🙄  The paramedics who brought him said he was a guy in his late 20's was that a random guess or did he have ID on him? 

Yeah, I meant to comment on Remi being described as in his 20s. I assume that was a guess by the paramedics, since they'd have stated his exact age if they knew it.Bree seemed to get less and less professional as the episode went on: She had a point about getting proper scans done of Remi rather than making assumptions about the full extent of his condition, but even though Levi's kept him alive, she's still determined to blame him for everything and has now given Eden (who isn't exactly slow to see the worst of Levi) an incredibly slanted version of events.It feels like she needs someone to be angry at, and since the people who actually caused Remi's injuries are out of her reach in lock-up, Levi will do. I notice he's now listed as a regular, so I guess Eden and Bree will both have to get used to him being around.

Cash did well to spot the bracelet but it was some good old-fashioned police work from Rose while he just looked blankly at her that put the pieces together, and not a moment too soon since Wes seemed pretty keen to carry out his plan to get rid of Eden.Since this is probably the last we'll see of our season cliffhanger antagonists, I'll mention here that the guy that played Mickey was previously John's counsellor when he was dealing with repressed memories of his father's death back in 2017! I wasn't expecting Eden to collapse at the end:Exhaustion/malnutrition or something more sinister?

Mackenzie was fine with the news of the fundraiser despite Mali's concerns, but seems less keen with the idea of leaving hospital.I liked her scenes with Mali where they discuss their quasi-sibling relationship and she points out the number of people whose advice she ignored. And Levi even managed to refrain from sniping at the mention of Xander, so I guess that's progress!

Despite not being the biggest Eden fan (Even she don't deserve what happened), I was yelling "Kick 'im! Kick 'im again!" when she fought back against Wes.

Well, she had been through an ordeal and was probably malnourished on top of exhaustion.

Edited by CaptainHulk
  • Like 1