2024 Season - UK Episode Discussion

I have been in hospital a few times and I haven’t seen anyone wearing hot pants shorts and fluffy boots like Mackenzie was today 🤩 She’s looking healthy for someone who has had two heart attacks 

So that’s the dramatic episodes finished with then Cash found Eden bit too easily in the end I thought 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, pembie said:

I have been in hospital a few times and I haven’t seen anyone wearing hot pants shorts and fluffy boots like Mackenzie was today 🤩 

Heh Heh 

4 hours ago, pembie said:

So that’s the dramatic episodes finished with then Cash found Eden bit too easily in the end I thought 

Love turns people superhuman, I guess lol. 

OK yes it was a shock for Bree seeing Remi being brought it and her initial examination of him didn't look like he was doing very well at all.  But, and how Levi got to hear about it was a mystery, but whether or not he was right to jump in and do that emergency surgery right there and then, he was right in effectively  kicking Bree out.  She was in absolutely not in the right state of mind to  treat him.  Would she have had the same reaction if it hadn't been Remi?    Of course at the moment we won't know the full extent of Remi's injuries are until he comes round, did anyone mention any spinal damage?   Levi got it from both sides with Eden having a right go at him after being filled in by Bree with her, maybe prejudiced,  opinion of what he did.   Do Kirby, Kirby and Justin know yet and will Remi's mum and dad be informed? 

Yep I know it was Cash that went to the hospital not Tane.  He wasn't wearing his cops head when he got the news the team were shutting down for the night, of course it would be the case, they could be putting themselves in danger wandering about in the dark, but he was wearing his boyfriends head.   Good spot him seeing that bracelet as no-one else would know whose it was.  Good old fashioned police work there from Rose going back to the garage they had passed, may have been a long shot but it paid off and has been said just in time. I'm guessing Rose let the rescue team know. 

Eden put one hell of a fight👏, Wes was a big guy and to his credit Mickey did try and keep Wes off her.  Hopefully her collapse will just be an after effect from her ordeal, she'd been like Leah after her ordeal, running on adrenaline.    Will we hear about them again, I'm guessing Mickey will tell all and where the accident was.  Quite  a switch of character then from counsellor to thug. 

Just an off the cuff question but why do we never see patients  in ND's stay in  a proper ward with other  people, they are always on their own, with the exclusion of ITU naturally.     

Levi when speaking to Mac did seem pretty relaxed after what he'd just done.  Mali was another one apologising for not taking Mac back into hospital sooner but once again she said it was her decision.   She's  done a complete u-turn now and doesn't want to leave even for a few hours. 

Just now, CaptainHulk said:

And Xander needs a headline act otherwise it'll be Palmer, A Paper and Comb!🤣

You say that like it's a bad thing...? 🤔

JP's one-man-show would be quite entertaining I think!

• Haha 3

I think Eden needs to trust her instincts with Levi but she desrves that apology; they don't need to be super close just play the game and let it drift off naturally then his ego isn't bruised and she doesn't lay herself open to getting hurt again. Cash was hard on her about that Mickey/Levi comparison, has he never heard of Stockholm Syndrome?

Mac's anxiety is understandable but one word she said really stood out about the fundraiser 'Paraded' that hit home instantly. I know people meant and mean well when they say things like 'your fundraiser' or 'we want to use you to show the best outcome' but for the person who's got the problem if can be humiliating and can demoralise you by making you feel you're only of value because of your condition and sometimes it can feel like it defines you, which certainly doesn't help you recover psychologically.

The story of what happened to Remi and Eden seems to be slowly filtering around the Bay: Ironically, Levi is one of the last to get the full story, which seemed to be a bit of a jolt for him! Well, he and Eden talked without it descending into shouting, slammed doors and insults, so I guess that's progress of a sort.

Nice to get a rare reference to Mackenzie's other siblings.I think she knows that her friends care about her, but I guess she's not entirely comfortable about being put on display.There's a certain irony that she left hospital when Levi told her not to and doesn't want to go when he tells her she can! This fundraiser is happening awfully quickly? It's only a week or so ago our time that Xander first mentioned it, goodness knows how long it's been in-story, probably only a couple of days or so!

John was good value with his trying to wrangle a discount from the charity event and then denying he'd do such a thing, along with a few other choice remarks which didn't help things but were entertaining nonetheless.

• Like 1

I don't think it was Stockholm Syndrome with Eden it was only a day but she recognised Micky was the more sympathetic  of the two.   It happens like that doesn't it, but of course Levi would have no way of knowing Eden and Remi had been kidnapped, he only knew Remi had been found lying on the road.  Rather touching that as soon as he found out he went to see her despite the way she has been talking to and treating him.   OK first time round it didn't go well but after Cash and Eden's talk Cash called him to come back and he and Eden actually talked, did like Cash's comments about the  fact they were both still alive. 😁 Levi and Eden may never be as close as they were but  at least they have kind of reconciled.  Her collapse did, apparently, did turn out to her just running out of adrenaline. 

Your mention Red of Levi now being  a regular will that mean he'll being giving up his position as top doc at the city hospital?  What is it with ND's that attracts so many prominent surgeons etc? 

That was telling about Mac's remark about it not being about her and she was being paraded, but as she is the one they know and like so may show others if it can happen to Mac it can happen to anyone.  Xander did well persuading Levi to talk about the condition in place of Bree, no disrespect to her btw, he would know more about it anyway.   Obviously Levi did persuade her to leave the safety of the hospital and  I loved her long red dress, it really suited her and she's got the height to carry it off.  It was a neat little drop in of her other half siblings.  No mention of dad though who we know was also a cheat.  We saw it, but isn't it unethical for Levi to be snogging his patient?  

Amazing what can be put together in  such short time when you need to.   Xander's main worry was lack of music due to Lyrik not being able to perform, but it seems Theo has an idea. 

John was being back to the John we know and love, trying to get out of paying full price for the tickets. 😆

• Like 1

Hehe, no I'm aware it would be too early for Stockholm Syndrome in the real world...but this H&A, people have been paralysed one week, walking the next. 😆 Haven't seen next ep yet but I loved that dress anyways!

It's true that Mac's friend would in no way parade her but it can be how it feels, even though you know no-one means it. I think sometimes it's one of those things where you sometimes need to mention it gently to give people a split-second rethink. 🙂

Edited by Foellfan