2024 Season - UK Episode Discussion

They are both attractive people but Levi must have come across many lovely women in his career, so why Mac, what is different about her?  There is a such a thing as transference when a patient falls 'in love' with their doctor/nurse as they have been looking after them so caringly, especially if they haven't got a partner/boyfriend/girlfriend,  so is that is what Mac is feeling.  Levi must have come across that before too so wouldn't he recognise the signs?  It did seem odd/strange  she wouldn't leave the hospital until she got the all clear from him personally.  I did like the fact Mali wouldn't leave while Mac and Levi were saying goodbye, maybe even then he was having odd feelings about them.  I did notice Levi didn't tell Xander who the patient he got the call from was.😉

OK technically and legally Mac isn't his patient anymore so why the house call?  Is snogging your ex patient a new and recommended form of after care no-one has heard about before?  I'll sign up for it if the doctor can be as good looking as Levi.   They were both so 'busy' they didn't hear Mali come in and catch them, but did jump apart later when he came in the back way  and tried unsuccessfully to explain it away.

I loved how Mali was being Mac's guard dog and yes I know she's an adult but she's vulnerable right now, it's not just the physical side of having an op like hers, it would affect you emotionally too so he's just looking out for her and acting as a 'brother' would.  Bet your bottom A$ Dean would.  I have read who this Imogen could be but as I'm not into spoilers I'm not saying. 

Leah is going through what Charity is going through or should I say Charity is going through what Leah is going through seeing as these episodes were shown last year and we are only seeing it now the same time Charity is going through her PTSD, confused.com.🤔   Leah rushing  upstairs and refusing to come down down until Maz and Alf came home so she wouldn't be alone with him certainly shocked Justin.  I think she feels it's safer for him if others are about but I'm no psychologist.   He must have been a tad confused when Leah later rocked up at Salt and wanted to talk to him.  I think she finally got through to him it's got to be her fixing it alone no matter how long it takes.  Oh we did see Justina and Harper meet for the first time, I  guess we take it for granted that just because the bay is a small place everyone has met everyone else. 

Just happened to be tagged on at the end more trouble at mill.  A quorum can be, as the name suggests, as little as four but can be seven to be a classed a majority.  Banjo has we saw made a reappearance then.  I suppose if one/two/three have gone they would need to  recruit more but who would they get?

Dana to the rescue again, solving the mystery while Alf is grumbling about the state of fishing. Is it going to be as simple as that? Putting a stop to Simon's sabotage would help but they still don't seem to be doing anything about putting the committee back together.I'm not sure whether John's encouragement to Banjo was genuine or just brown-nosing.

Mali spells out to Mackenzie why her dalliance with Levi is daft but she apparently still thinks a bit of fun is worth opening up a can of worms, prompting him to give up and back off.The girls' day was okay and I continue to enjoy seeing Felicity in a positive frame of mind, but Eden telling her to date again seems way premature.

• Like 1

Mali had exactly the same thought I did about Mac and her interest in Levi.  

I liked the girls date out and was very glad Mac stayed off the booze, though both Flick and Eden were driving so how many did they have and still be safe to drive back?🤔  They had a good chat about everything, Eden saying her union with Levi was still very new, Flick telling them her split from Tane was  still a bit raw but she was getting through it. Obviously Eden wouldn't know anything about Levi's life seeing as they have been estranged so long  and all she knows he's a busy doctor in the city. Yep Eden far too early for Felicity to get involved with anyone even if casually so definitely don't go contacting that guy who left that message and his number on the beer mat, I'd be very wary. 

A complete random thought though how dry was that grass around the farmhouse, it looked very parched.  

A passing reminder Cash was having his disciplinary hearing that day.

I must admit I was surprised to see Banjo at the life savers class, guess he joined up when they resumed and he did see to be doing well and mixes well with the others, especially Dana.  I think John's praise was genuine, not much point trying to suck up to daddy is there?   John did say and pointedly dropped in the fact the sessions had  been held back for reasons beyond his control.   Dana, of course, just had to be in the right place at the right time to hear what she did.  Did Banjo tell her what he did about his dad giving money to that committee member in confidence? 

Anyways, Rose, the only cop at Yabbie Creek, is on it and more has been found out, more committee members have been paid off to leave the club.  Two theories pop into my mind, Henderson wants to get rid of the old school and bring in his own people to run things or he's not as well off as he's been making out so wants the  club to fold as he can't afford to be their major sponsor any more.  John told Alf he'd step down if it would solve the problem but Alf said it would be over his dead body which was good.  Oh and we saw Roo!

Alf's episode count this week: Five! Possibly to make up for this, the only characters to make three were Marilyn, Justin, Eden and Levi...and now it's Irene's turn to not appear at all! (Did I miss another line?)

I really hope Rose actually followed up on that call to Simon and didn't let Kirby monopolise her for the rest of the afternoon.(Good intentions, Kirby, but really not a matter of life and death.)She even turns up at the surf club later on, but instead of giving Alf and John an update, she just decides to play irritating big sister to Xander.It seems she may have spooked Simon given his response: Is this his last shot before withdrawing or is there more to come? Roo getting herself semi-officially signed up is the first sensible thing anyone's done about this.

Felicity really shouldn't have listened to Eden: There's a big difference between drawing a line under a broken marriage and rushing straight to another guy for "fun". (Which...has never really been Felicity's thing anyway? Certainly not for a long time?) The chats between her and Xander were interesting: Felicity's been doing quite the apology tour recently, and she's right that they've always been colleagues rather than friends, with both of them preferring to go to Mackenzie for anything personal. This may have changed...but hopefully it is just friends, for all Rose's eyebrow wriggling.

I can't remember how long ago I first said that, with Rose here, they don't really need Cash to be the resident police officer anymore. Apparently he's decided the same thing? A bit throwing his toys out of the pram but there you go.

Xander very much deserved that apology, though I find his character a bit of a nothing, it has been wrong for Felicity to be such a B---h to him, there is sucha thing as professionalism but at least she has finally learnt it for now at least.

1 hour ago, Foellfan said:

Xander very much deserved that apology, though I find his character a bit of a nothing, it has been wrong for Felicity to be such a B---h to him, there is sucha thing as professionalism but at least she has finally learnt it for now at least.

Let's be real she can be one 80% of the time.

• Sad 1

Not really  a lot Rose could do about Simon Henderson, there is only the alleged payments, but his withdrawing his sponsorship did come very quickly after that.  Would the other sponsors be able to cough up more, how many are there?

OK Kirby wants to get Remi's bike out of the pound and she wants to get it repaired what then?  Bree may not want him ever to get on it again but he's an adult but supposing he never wants to ride it again. 

Odd how some characters suddenly disappear with no explanation, one in one out.   Maz did just leave to go and see Leah that day without saying anything to the staff, where they supposed to cash up and leave at the end of the day. 

Liked the banter between Xander and  Felicity about Matteo and he did deserve Flick's apology.  Glad Flick did back off ringing Mattteo, deciding for herself she wasn't ready, though of course he may come back and make  a play for her.  Well in effect Felicity is Xander's boss as is Mac so a fine line being  that matey with your staff.

Eden can be very tiresome at times but it is obvious she really loves Cash and is there for him as he is for her.  Flick got filled in about  Cash's situation and the decision of the panel.  It would be  a blow for him being demoted and on restricted duties, has he had his pay reduced that would be a real bummer. Knee jerk reaction on his part I'm thinking.  Have read something about Rose which could be awkward for them both. 🤐🤫🙊 

Not a surprise that Rose got offered Cash's rank: What else were they going to do, offer it to one of the extras? I wondered if that news has crystallised Cash's thoughts at a point where he seemed to be indecisive about whether to accept the reduced rank or not. I think both Xander and Rose made good points: Xander chose to get out of that sort of career and seems happy enough, but Cash has made an impulsive choice that he may come to regret.

Elsewhere, Rose seemed rather embarrassed at how ineffective she was where Simon Henderson was concerned, getting out of there quick sharp when Alf drily commented on him being above the law.About the only good thing is that, now people are asking questions, he might be a bit more reluctant to throw his "gifts" around.Of course, he may feel the damage is already done.

Theo did rather resemble a ping pong ball here with Justin and Leah sending him back and forth between them, so it's probably for the best that Leah's decided to take the bull by the horns at the end.

• Like 1