2024 Season - UK Episode Discussion

I'm not sure what to make of the fact that Tane's so short of friends he's reduced to confiding in his soon-to-be-ex-brother-in-law! To be fair to him, he's simply giving Harper what she said she wanted, and if Harper's changed her mind, she should say so.(Dana's suggestion that she let Tane use her for rebound sex is not to be recommended though!)

It didn't take Alf long to fill in Justin, although despite what Marilyn said, I don't think he ever actually made a promise to Leah.From the sounds of that phone conversation, it seems Roo is in town, we're just not seeing her?

Bree continues her campaign to be the most annoying character on the show at the moment.She refuses to admit she might have been wrong about Levi and is now taking it upon herself to obsessively protect Remi instead of letting people do their job.

I doubt it, but I wonder if we’ll see Alf reference any of Ailsa’s (or even Martha’s) mental health struggles while Leah is staying with him, after all, she may have pulled a knife on Justin, but Ailsa shot Alf!

I wonder if Bree's medical mania might subconciously be her thinking this is karma for her with Jacob as in 'This is the price I have to pay' (Not that she actually does of course.)

Finally through the tears and tantrums and the foolishness of romantic attraction being mistaken for love, the honesty finally appeared in Tane and Felicity's marriage; the cracks were always there, Tane knew but didn't want to believe it and Felicity took responsibility for her deception being the straw that breaks the camel's back. Sad yes, but it was needed and the realisation was so well done, they know they are young enough to start again with the right people and they didn't hurt anyone else in the process. If only real life marriage splits could be as senisble eh, I know some are but a great many more are not. I hope he can repair things with Harper as he could do with another girl friend, given Mac being out of action through it all.

I feel for Justin, it is incredibly difficult when you have that complete disconnect, not only with communication but sometimes with the person that you know, if that makes sense because when people have a mental/emotional crisis they can change and yes, he shouldn't break the rules but I can also understand his sadness at Marilyn being allowed.

I really wasn't sure what to make of the whole Levi operating on Remi thing.  I thought Bree had a point but with no medical knowledge whatsoever, I couldn't tell if Levi hadn't done the procedure whether Remi would be dead.  I did agree with Levi that Bree was very emotional.  I did have a wry smile when Eden confronted Levi about what he did and said if Remi died she would never speak to him again.  As if that's going was going to make any difference prior to that.  Although it's good that they've reconciled (for now anyway).  Watching Bree over the last couple of episodes, I've always liked her and she's never bothered me before but the constant having go at Levi was starting to get get on my nerves.  I must admit I did find it funny when they were arguing and Levi cynically said she should be thanking him.

I wasn't surprised about Mackenzie and Levi.  I suspected he liked her and it's not that hard to imagine her falling for him given that he saved her life twice, she's not met anybody since Gabe and has really been dating.

Whilst I do think it's right Tane and Felicity's marriage is ending, I was a little sad when I saw their scenes.  I guess you can argue they're both to blame but Tane never should have married her, given she didn't want children.  I found the varied comments in here quite interesting.  I've been more pro Felicity, I admit but I've seen pro Tane comments and comments that are pro both of them.  I liked them when they were dating but felt it was ruined by the marriage.  I think the fact that Tane tried to crack onto Harper shows he's not in a good place.  He obviously wasn't thinking right.  I did feel a bit sorry for Harper as she hasn't really done anything wrong and now she's lost a friend, her personal trainer and it looks like her gym membership.  I did find Dana's reaction quite amusing though, saying if she was in Harper's position, it would have been different.  Cash was actually OK when he went to talk to Tane about Harper, given that he's slept with other women whilst still married to his sister.  He was fairly sympathetic and understanding.

On 10/03/2024 at 14:07, H&Alover said:

She may well fancy him but knows it's far too early for him to be interested in anyone else. 

Do you really think Harper fancies Tane?  I know I'm the first to always jump to the conclusion but in this particular case I couldn't really tell.

Tane hasn't many if indeed any male friends apart from Cash, he talks to Xander, Justin and Mali but I'd hardly say they were  mates.    On another couple of sites Harper isn't the most popular of people and has been suggested she's virtually stalking Tane.  I know nearly every time we see him she's there but he did ask her advice about things and she is his pupil/client.

Rebound sex is not good for either party. 

I did say may well fancy him, but her disappointment in him cancelling their classes did seem more than losing a friendship.   Tane's other ladies were just a one night stand and Felicity likely wouldn't have know them but Harper is another matter.  

Seems Leah is returning 'home'.  Not Justin's but her old one.   I know Marilyn did ask Alf and I'm guessing Roo will be if not already if it was OK but Alf would have seemed a right old grouch if he had said no.  I got the feeling he wasn't happy about not telling Justin as requested by Leah, but what if it was the other way around, Justin  was staying there and he didn't want Leah to know.🤔 Justin and Theo  seemed to take it well and accept Leah's terms but we all know Justin and how he thinks he knows best, he and Leah both do that at times, so naturally he turns up at the Stewart house. 🙄

I caught that very brief reference to Roo, seemingly she's still talking to the other committee members. 

I've always liked Bree and yes it is going against the tide and I like her and Remi together.  We saw in the flashback Levi say the same thing I did would  she have been so against the procedure if he hadn't been her boyfriend.   The pain Remi's in now is part of the post op after effects, I think that is what Levi said.  Eden not being  a medic wouldn't have a clue if what Levi had done and more importantly I think where he did would be that concerned but Bree being one would have more of an idea. An operating theatre would have been more sanitary and safer but Levi was balancing it against Remi's condition and how long it would have taken to get him there so no sure answer.

She is getting totally obsessive with him, again echo's of Leah and Justin, not listening to anyone, refusing to go and sleep, have a wash, not wanting anyone else there.  Now this total overreaction about cleanliness  wiping everything down, amazed she didn't wash Remi's face mask down, didn't have to pop the balloon, could have taken it outside, wiped it down.   She saw what Leah went through yet can't see it in herself. 

Something else that crossed my mind with Remi is; Levi might well be right about post-op pain but given at the beginnig of the injury he wasn't moved appropriately and I wonder if part of the added pain is nerves being might be compressed, strained etc as that kind of pain can be agonising as much as fractures and cuts, sometimes worse when you think of mifraine and toothaches.

Marilyn might have got a bit prissy about Alf breaking Leah's confidence, but it wasn't really fair for Leah to have put him in that position without even having the decency to ask him to his face, which she kind of understood when he explained to her. (I did love Marilyn being sent out of the room to let the grown-ups talk!) Justin did stick to the rules...for about a day.He may have been satisfied with Alf simply passing his letter on, but given that he went to the house rather than handing it to him in the Diner or something, he was probably hoping Leah would jump out at the sound of his voice.If so, that may have backfired.I'm finding Leah's logic a bit lacking.She says she couldn't bear it if she hurt Justin, but what's her solution? Never see him again?

Bree's behaviour becomes more and more controlling as she issues a stark warning to Kirby.If she doesn't pull it back soon, I think someone should probably have a word with the hospital hierarchy about just how appropriate she's being.Whilst I don't think her intentions are anywhere near as sinister, I do wonder how much of what she's doing is behaviour she observed from Jacob.

Tane and Harper deciding not to be friends for an episode kind of feels like a way of giving them something to do this week.

No sign of Roo again last night with Alf saying she was held up working with the committee  At least Leah explained why she felt she couldn't see Justin as she feels guilty about wanting to harm him, don't fret love at least you didn't stab him unlike Charity who did stab Mack.  Justin did come across as being hurt at Leah wanting to see Theo but not him  and of course Justin, being Justin, couldn't/wouldn't stay away.   I'm glad Leah put Theo's mind at rest about him  getting Bree to help.  Leah, obviously still has a lot to work through before she can feel she can trust herself.  I wonder if in some deep part of her mind she blames Justin for what happened because he did bring Vita Nova  into their lives through Andrew.  As Alf said, Leah didn't ask him about keeping quiet.  That was funny Maz being sent out of the room. 😁

Bree is becoming very possessive about who can and can't visit Remi and obsessive with her cleaning everything, at least she didn't spray Kirby down with disinfectant.  That said, has she had a change of clothes, washed since she's been caring for him as that can't be very hygienic.  I had the mad idea, she would have wiped down those magazines and  those chocolates if she could have.  Someone definitely needs to speak to her. Remi is going to find it oppressive when he feels more himself. 

Harper and Tane did seem a  fill in. 

Okay, I can get Mackenzie. She's got a handsome doctor who's been a bit more attentive towards her than he should have been and she probably needs a distraction. But what the hell's in this for Levi? Is Mackenzie really that irresistible that he's willing to risk his career and possibly his home life to cop off with her? (From his phone call it's clear someone lives with him: Maybe a daughter, maybe a partner.) As Mali says, no-one's going to be fooled by her being out of his care for a matter of hours before he rocked up at her house evidently prepared to sleep with her. There doesn't even seem to be any real connection between them, they just fancy each other. Does Mackenzie really want to risk all that hassle for the sake of a bit of lust?

Justin took a while to get the message that Leah didn't want to come with him but backed down fairly easily in the end.At least Leah has some sort of plan now, even if it's a rather vague one: Get fully recovered (whatever that means), then worry about sorting things with Justin.

The surf club stuff is a bit confusing: Do they not have any procedure for replacing committee members that resign? Or is the idea that there's no longer enough members left to appoint replacements? In which case, they really should have started looking into it when the first ones went...

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised she does subconsciously blame him but refuses to admit it.

On to today's

Seems the Committee's falling to pieces in the wake of this Banjo mess...

Levi's bedside manner under scrutiny

Mali protector