2024 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Absolutely nothing against Justin but I found Bree's outburst quite wonderful. 😂 The way she came into the Diner giving him the evils and then laid into him was hilarious.  The best part of it was how Justin didn't really say anything because he was so taken aback.

I understand how difficult it was for Justin and Leah to have the talk with John about being Celebrant and they definitely did right think to nip it in the bud ASAP but looks as though it's hit John pretty hard, although I did agree with Irene and he should have known better and got them to agree to it first.

After  all the to and froing about who was going to break the news to John  they didn't require his services Justin and Leah  took my advice and told him together.   Having said that he didn't do a bad job with Xander and Dana's  'wedding'.  I'm not the  only one then to see there was a spark between them, they did appear to be disappointed not to have to kiss after the 'ceremony'. Maybe both are regretting their earlier "I'm not interested' stance.  I'm guessing Bree was there to film it and pass on to whoever needs to see it to pass John as a Celebrant, though she was  away with the fairies - thinking about her Remi?

Going back to Justin and Leah I think they will decide to use John  after all, that lame  reason why Justin said no as he wanted  John as a guest, he's only marrying them, he can join in  after can't he.  He knows them better than any other Celebrant would and be able to tell the guests how he's seen them grow as a couple over the years and how  it has been for them both, without going into too much detail,  but that they've come through it and are stronger for it. He'll mean everything he says and it'll be with love. 

Remi  did deserve that serve, Levi laid it on the line about how stupid he'd been, he was very reckless and he's no  shrinking violet and Levi is one straight talking doc.   Even if Bree doesn't run into Remi at the hospital she will hear about him being admitted, especially if Levi was treating him there.   Eden has been a true friend to Remi, going along with his wishes about not wanting to go to hospital - well ND's - but then putting her foot down as he was not getting any relief from the pain, calling Levi, who luckily, can't  have been that far away who told him he's got to go in. 

It's been delayed but her outburst at Justin was I guess expected. He in her eyes/mind put a dangerous weapon in Remi's hands.   She's feeling from what I could gather the same as Remi about  getting in touch with him is a good idea or not.   Like Xander being  her ear to bend, he's good at listening to other people's problems, doesn't judge, offers advice whether it's taken or not.  

Once the Remi drama was over Eden got to cross examine Levi about where he really was, well we know,  but his 'excuse' he was staying in a hotel in the city, which I guess could be true.😉   I think, in  a way, he is telling the truth about the baby issue,  we know it's Imogen's plan  and Levi was just going along with it. Even if there had been no Mac I think he would be unsure about it. 

That crept up on us didn't it, Roo now being Maia's unofficial guardian.  No adverse comments I'm guessing from anywhere because she's a woman!   Alf is concerned though because of the memories it may bring back for her. 

19 hours ago, Foellfan said:

RR1, I felt the same about the bear!

We're all real softies aren't we? ❤️😘

• Like 1

I didn't think Alf was being fair on anyone here.I get that he's worried about Roo running herself ragged being glued to Maia's side at the hospital, but his solution is to have Tane go back to doing it instead, which isn't really a solution at all.And his way of trying to achieve it is to harass Rose over a decision she didn't make and doesn't have the power to change:Why not go and see the mysterious Sarge about it rather than putting it all on the police officer he knows?There was at least an attempt to be sensible by trying to find a foster carer for Maia, but Alf didn't really go far with it and probably isn't happy with Tane's solution... I like that Mali continues to be supportive of Rose, and also that Felicity was a grown-up about it and didn't have a go.

Well, that was Levi's plans to resume his time holed up with Mackenzie scuppered, as he instead has to hang out with Eden until finally having to go home for the first time in about three weeks.There's still that lingering feeling that Mackenzie might have been the reason Eden and Levi reconnected but she's also going to be the reason why they fall out again.

I find Roo the more interesting one with this baby saga even though she never refers to Martha by name which is slightly odd 

I’m missing Cash and Stevie story though 

I did have  a much loved teddy when I was little although he was quite bare but my mum threw him out because she though he was moth eaten.

Okey, dokey Rose said only the medical staff and SW - aka Harper - could look after Maia but suddenly Roo is allowed in to stand guard - how and why? I can see why Alf is concerned because of Martha. 

Rose, to  her credit seriously went into bat for Tane, even if he is coming across as being extremely stand offish and totally ignoring her I'm guessing he's blaming her as as Sarge isn't available to have  a go at.  Sarge though is not backing down, orders from above?  Flick behind the news again but when she went to talk to Tane about it he was cool to her too.  Big confession for her admitting to Mali and Rose it's all her fault why Tane got so attached to 'Maia'. Mali is being super boyfriend for Rose not judging, just being a shoulder to cry on, an ear to bend. 

The problem of  Tane not being able to foster because he's not a resident isn't down to the cops, it's the Government whoever voted it in and still with them.  

Good discussion with Roo & Tane and how long it could take to get residency in which time 'Maia' could get fostered or mum/dad/other relative could turn up.  Then his completely reasonable suggestion why didn't Roo go for it?  OK she'll have to go through the same process Tane did without the residency problem.  I don't know how involved checks like these would be but would there be a question that could reveal her having  her own daughter adopted? She was only 17 at the time so very young but would that prevent her being an emergency foster carer? 

It seems Remi is dong OK at Reefton Lakes hospital  and was behaving himself.  Levi did find it hard to extradite himself from Eden - did you spot  he payed for breakfast before he went?  He did have to pretend  who he was talking to at Remi/Eden's when she burst in on him, it must be quite tiring with all these coverups.  

• Sad 1

Stupid storyline that's why.  No one can see the baby, but hey Roo's fine to do so even though she's not staff.  I really wish the H&A writers would do a better job sometimes.  It's like when they kill a character off by sending them off to Europe or the States to live.  Hey writers, you just can't decide to go there as an Australian citizen.  There are things called Green Cards, visas, etc.  You can't just turn up in a country and get in.    

Alf's episode count this week:Four. Rose was only in one and Mackenzie and Kirby didn't appear at all.The only ones to manage three were Irene, Leah, Justin and Eden.

Well, there was a lot of back and forth from Roo there, with Tane pulling her one way and Alf pulling her the other.I just really wish we'd had a mention of Maddy: Sure, she wasn't a baby, but Roo took her in and loved her like a daughter and let go when it was time for her to move on.Despite Felicity's words, I do wonder if Roo has thought this through because she seems to be making the exact same mistake as Felicity did, assuming she can just step in and do this and then hand the baby over to Tane, when there are a lot more variables in place.

Felicity was definitely in force of nature mode here: Maybe people should stop having them conferences in Salt if they don't want her getting wind of things! Barging in and disrupting the increasingly irritating Bree's wallowing was most welcome! Whilst she did seem to have a pretty good handle on things herself, I'm glad that she ignored Mackenzie's tantrum and put Xander back in charge.

Theo and Valerie really do seem to have swapped over now: Not so long ago, he was the one dependent on the pills to get through things and she was the one advising him to use them in moderation, now she's the one that seems to be permanently high and he's the one wondering if things are going too far.Valerie continues to feel like her life in Summer Bay could come to an end just like that, and since she's not a regular she could well be right...which is a shame because she's exactly the sort of messed up youngster who seems to be a good person deep down that could use this town's healing touch.

1 hour ago, CaptainHulk said:

^ This town ain't healed anyone in years!

I don't know about that. Remember what a nightmare Theo was when he first turned up? Felicity's got better since the early days as well, and more recently they've given Harper and Dana a home and shelter when they needed one. I suppose you could count Bree too, given what a nightmare her life was before she came there.

• Like 1