2024 Season - UK Episode Discussion

4 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

I'm no pro chef but it's pretty hard to stuff up Pasta lol

It seemed to be the fish that was the problem...

Well, she didn't acknowledge it as such, but as a lot of people feared, Roo stirring things up has simply poked the hornets' nest and caused Peter to come flying back looking for someone to sting.To be a bit fair to him, he was acting under orders seeking Tane out, but it didn't take him long to start asking confrontational questions, not that Tane was in any mood to talk no matter how reasonable he was.It was nice of Mali to offer to run the gym but he probably should have learned from his attempt at running the surf club: Luckily, Roo, who sees to work everywhere these days, was on hand to pick up the slack.Roo and Harper both seem convinced that bracelet is a big clue, Rose less so, Tane is kind of halfway between not caring and hoping it isn't.

Remi finally made a fair comparison to Bree, that she wouldn't want him telling her not to surf despite the potential dangers.Bree was being annoyingly dogmatic about it and, despite saying Remi had made his choice, it seemed like he was avoiding making a choice and it was her deciding she wasn't going to date someone who rides a motorbike.It's a surprising end after how long they've been together and everything they've been through, but these things happen, I guess.I did think Remi was going to get rid of the bike when he rang Justin but (somewhat implausibly given his injuries!) he ended up riding it instead, so I suppose he's accepted the situation.

I rolled my eyes a bit at Alf apologising for snapping at Marilyn.He talks to everyone like that and most of them don't warrant gushing apologies.

Bree was rather bitchy to Remi I thought so not a great loss there really she’s free to go join the flying doctors now 

It was very predictable of Tane to lash out at the newspaper guy 

1 minute ago, pembie said:

Bree was rather bitchy to Remi I thought so not a great loss there really she’s free to go join the flying doctors now Even though It felt like Bree got Jacob out of the way so she could cheat on him with Remi I guess we are supposed to feel like Bree is controlling like Jacob was 

It was very predictable of Tane to lash out at the newspaper guy I’m not that interested really Roo is the interesting one in this story I think 

I may be wrong but didn't  both Roo and Harper go to see the paper's editor?   I bet the journo - Peter - was well pissed off being ordered to  go and get the other side of the story which is what should be done in  any story like this.  No surprise he took it out on Tane,  charging in like that flinging accusations about! I was gong to say maybe not the best place to interview/interrogate him but seeing as Tane won't leave Maia's side he didn't have an option.   How Handy Rose was there so able to step in and I'm not  being sizeist as I'm only little, but she did well separating Tane and Peter and that warning figure she pointed at Tane - well I'd think twice.  Did make you wonder what Peter  is going to write now?   He was also very sneery about Rose's handling of it. 

Now Roo is muscling in - sorry - helping Mali run the gym, she has got experience of admin and between her & Mali they can run it until Tane comes back.    Tane's poor staff need something to do and maybe not such  a surprise he was still paying them, they know what they are doing.  Mali was just remembering how Xander and Mac stepped in to help him when he wasn't able to run his surfing lessons so was paying it forward -the community looking after others again. 

Ah yes that bracelet Roo did seem to be getting obsessed about it, it did look new and didn't look cheap so maybe mum/dad could have left it  for Maia.  But then again maybe another mum had lost her baby  - Poppy - and  Maia has 'lost' her mum so it's a way for her to give something to another who has lost someone.   It didn't, from what Rose said they'd any luck in tracing mum in the local area which must be frustrating. 

Remi put forward a very valid argument about surfing can be just  as dangerous as motorbiking but Bree as any surfer would say it's not the same.  But er yes it can be - broken leg/arm at least, broken back at worst, getting knocked off your board by a rogue wave, getting knocked out by said board, drowning which if it doesn't kill you could if  you are saved result in being in a coma and possible brain damage.   Kirby could relate to that as she had been put off surfing for a long while after her accident.    Methinks Remi is pushing himself to get over the breakup and is possibly in a lot of pain we couldn't see. 

Seems Valerie hasn't been totally honest about her release from the clinic though her going in  must gave been voluntary. 

• Like 2

Yes, not the smartest move but, frankly, I wouldn't have blamed Tane for decking him! People like Peter are truly disgusting gutter creatures. I'm glad he did put distance between him and Flick again because I sense she could still possibly misread her acceptance of help as means of reconciliation, whichj wouldn't be good for either of them.

I did feel quite moved at the goodbye scene too for Tane and the little one.

Dana, you were foolish, put your big girl pants on and take it, she's lucky only Tane's not interested in forgiveness and not her bosses.

Edited by Foellfan

It's hard to work out whether Tane could have avoided this if he'd been a bit less of a macho twit with Peter or whether his time as Maia's self-appointed caretaker was over the moment the press drew attention to it.It does seem like the perennially-unseen Sarge was just taking the easy option somewhat, but Tane should have known this couldn't continue forever.I'm glad Mali was supportive of Rose after she did a dirty job she didn't have to do.Even though everyone else has been quick to dismiss Dana's culpability, Tane was never going to be happy about what she did.And to be fair, Dana herself acknowledges she's at fault.Tane did seem to be softening towards her until the blows kept on coming.I'm glad Xander was there for her anyway.Not sure about Felicity's involvement.It would be nice if she and Tane could still be there for each other as friends, and I'm not sure it's particularly healthy for him to push away one of the few people in his corner, but I guess learning what she was up to last week left him worried that she's too involved in his life.

We get some updates on Remi (clearly none of his friends have heard about his and Bree's split, even though Rose knows), and a mention of Tori. I'm not sure why Xander considers Leah and Justin "almost family"? (Because they're all regulars on Home and Away?) Kirby's attempt at not-so-casual conversation with Theo fell flat. Theo finds the shoe very much on the other foot after begging Valerie for a pill last week. Has she used up her stash faster than usual because of all that partying? I guess her card being declined is meant to show she's out of money.

20 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I'm not sure why Xander considers Leah and Justin "almost family"? (Because they're all regulars on Home and Away?)

Yeah that one was completely lost on me too 😆 But then Mali was considering Mac as a "sister" within months of moving in so I guess anything's possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan F said:

Yeah that one was completely lost on me too 😆 But then Mali was considering Mac as a "sister" within months of moving in so I guess anything's possible.

Thinking really hard about it, I suddenly realised that Xander's sister was stepmother to Justin's niece! It's incredibly tenuous but I kind of like the idea that, despite the show refusing to directly mention her, Jasmine is still giving little brother regular phone calls asking him to keep an eye on her old extended family...

• Haha 1

Just in case we're pondering -  in H&A land it's the end of Feb/start of March so a month until the wedding  would be the beginning of April.  Justin made contact with Tori, will Brody and Simone and Mason be coming also Raffy?    Leah did mention the other day about  no question of not having VJ there but will we see him and Luc? 

Maybe and it's a big maybe if Peter hadn't been so aggressive in his interviewing Tane he may have got some answers to his questions.  Of course Peter would have complained to his editor but I bet he put his spin on it.   I guess Yabbie Creek cops had no choice and as you said Red the never seen Sarge  doe he actually exist? - had no choice but to get Rose, as it is her case, to  tell Tane to leave the hospital or he gets an AVO.  I like to think Tane left voluntarily so as not to make Rose do that as she is  a friend.  I know Maia is only a baby but I think she'll miss Tane, she's got used to his touch, voice. 

Flick does seem to be one step behind everyone and had only just found about the article about Tane and although advised not to she did go and see him, they may be separated but she does still care for him though not a good idea to mention the emergency fostering idea she had.   Is it really a good idea  to go back to work in the mood he's in?   

Another one not taking advice was Dana going to see Tane and admitting it was her fault Peter the Wolf got involved,  but she  obviously felt she had to see him in person, then going back to see him at the gym - leave it now girlie.  It was good that Xander was there for her, even if they don' become a couple I can see them being good friends.  

From what Flick said to Xander before she dashed off to the hospital, Mac has gone away for a few days but not where or if she is alone or with someone - but we know - nudge, nudge ,😉😉.  

Re all this 'family' talk, Mali was an old friend of Dean's  so I guess both he and Mac  considered the other as surrogate family. 

We obviously saw that flashback of Valerie  on the beach and popping a pill for a reason.  I just had this feeling Leah wanted to speak to Valerie alone by suggesting Justin and Theo go for a surf. As I thunked Valerie was  a voluntary inpatient at the clinic so perfectly able to discharge herself even though it was mentioned to Leah Valerie's counsellor wasn't sure she'd made the right decision, would that be ethical?  Valerie wasn't willing to open up to Leah about why she was there but had no problem with Theo did she?    It certainly stirred up a lot of emotions and it resulted in her begging Theo for  a pill just to get her through this current upset.  Does he really not have any or has he finished with them as he feels he doesn't need them anymore?   She did have some money of her own then, but now it seems to have run out.  Maybe she had sort of allowance and got a certain amount each month? 

Remi's popped off to see mum and dad then, long journey on that bike and still not healed, odd how they never managed to make the journey to see him when he was in hospital.  What will he tell them about his break up with Bree and why?   

Kirby was up for the band to get together for the wedding, Remi should be fit enough for it by then.  Theo being on drugs or not a difficult subject to talk about.  Will Justin be writing another song or use the one he wrote before?