2024 Season - UK Episode Discussion

1 hour ago, CaptainHulk said:

Ms Marlowe had me rolling my eyes in today's. Paul getting poisoned seemed a little too convenient...

Another one for the "Oh, Brother!" files.

Food poisoning so it can still be Levi at the moment haha It’s shame we won’t see Stevies movie I quite like horror movies 

I'm still not finding Levi particularly sympathetic and Mackenzie is coming across as rather selfish as well.It's hard to know how blind Levi's devotion to his father is and how much of it is informed by his current situation.Levi insists his father was in love with the woman he had an affair with but what does that mean? Is he still with her and happy, or was he only "in love" with her for as long as the affair lasted? They pretty much seem to have given up on being discreet too given Mackenzie's move near the end.

Cash describes Stevie as high maintenance and he's got a point but she also seems to be genuinely on edge.So, apparently she's not the lead in her movie: What is she then, the serial killer? There was an element of crying wolf about Stevie's predicament.I must admit, I thought at first that she'd made up the story about Paul being poisoned to get Cash's attention, but turns out it was true, at least as far as she was aware.Looks like Eden's insistence that she trusts Cash might be tested...

A lot of people have expressed concern about how involved Tane is with Maia but they probably wouldn't have taken it to the extremes that the gutter press did.Despite everyone being in a hurry to exonerate her, a lot of the blame has to lie with Dana for casually blurting out things she'd been told to keep quiet about to a stranger.Roo's got the bit between her teeth but neither Alf nor Irene seems to think her getting involved is a good idea so we'll have to see how it goes.

• Like 1

There was a time when paranoid royalty/nobility would have servants/etc taste their food for them. If the servant dropped, they knew it was matter time before His/Her Lord/Ladyship turned their toes up, and if the food was perfectly fine, servant probably got the best meal of their life😁

Stevie was coming across as high maintenance insisting Cash stay with her and not wanting change of guard, Paul was quite tasty actually.  I'm guessing it was some allergy/intolerance Paul had that made him sick seeing as they had the same meal?   Is Stevie going to insist it's only Cash who looks after her, the security firm must have come to an arrangement with Stevie or her guys. So far Eden is still in awe of her despite the 1000 and one phone calls.    I'm supposing Stevie's putting on a big brave front  most of the time but we are seeing her vulnerable side.

I did wonder about Eden and her trust in Cash being tested, I guess you mean the time he will be spending with Stevie?  He and Eden have a lot of history so I don't think he'll stray, she may make a play for him - her hero and all that.  

What happened with Eden and Levi's dad - not forgetting unnamed sister - does happen, not just an affair but husband/wife does actually fall in love with someone else so feel they have to leave as they are only making their husband/wife unhappy and themselves - kids pick up on all that tension.  Levi, I think is the oldest so may have understood better.  Could Levi be talking about himself and his feelings for Mac when he was referencing  about his dad and the woman  he left his family for?  She and Levi are never going to agree about their dad so maybe  a subject to avoid. Eden is going to be so hurt and betrayed, not only by Levi's actions but finding out it's Mac who she considers  a friend.  

Good point there Slade yes we know how Bree feels about bikes and the crash  wasn't his fault but she could have put her argument a lot more reasonably, thing is you don't tend to do that at the time do you?   Your emotions take over.  Oops we saw Remi on the bike and he confesses to Bree.

We and most of the bay know Tane but as said the gutter press don't and the people who don't know him will be lighting the torches and getting their pitchforks once they've read those innunendos  and heavy hints he's some sort of perv.  There wouldn't have been anything said if it was a woman would there, it's because he's male and the baby is a girl.  Roo does have the right idea that someone should stick up for Tane, but we know what Roo is like and does go at things like a bull at a gate, shouldn't she ask or consult Tane first?  Look what happened last time with SO. 

Talking of her getting over involved what happened  to the Food truck Marilyn was helping out at   and Roo took over, is that still going?

We haven't seen Dana since the reveal but I guess when we do she will come in for  a lot of flak.  Ok she didn't know he was a journo but she still blabbed away to a complete stranger.  I'm guessing she could get into trouble at work too as she was giving away information about a patient.  I know Rose has been divulging info about 'Maia' but only essential info, photo, estimated age, what she was wearing etc. no name.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, H&Alover said:

the people who don't know him will be lighting the torches and getting their pitchforks once they've read those innunendos  and heavy hints he's some sort of perv.  There wouldn't have been anything said if it was a woman would there, it's because he's male and the baby is a girl.  

I agree with you entire post but this jumped out at me very much as it's something you see so much in society not just in soap; yes, Tane isn't doig his own mental wellbeing any favours but then again everything of recent times has been more of the same but yes, had it been Flick or any other H&A female guttersnipe journo wouldn't have been interested as their would be no scandal for him. 

4 hours ago, H&Alover said:

I'm guessing it was some allergy/intolerance Paul had that made him sick seeing as they had the same meal?

It was mentioned in the ep that it was food poisoning he got from a dodgy kebab on the way to work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does Levi ever go home? It feels like every episode he's in, he's supposed to be on his way back to Imogen, only for something to come up (usually involving Mackenzie) and him to stick around.And now he's even going away with her and I've no idea how he's going to explain that one. "Work", I guess.

Stevie actually seemed pretty personable here, I guess having a fright does that to you.Cash really should have bought some stuff that was simple to cook, especially if he was going to get Stevie to do the cooking herself.She also seemed more amenable to the idea of him being replaced with another guard.Maybe she's just relieved to have someone there.Hopefully she won't take advantage of Cash being permanently on call.

Well, it took more than a week for us, but maybe less time has passed for the characters: Leah's back and seems to be in a good place, going full steam ahead with the wedding.I can see why Irene and Marilyn don't want to get in the crossfire, but it might be an idea to at least phone John and let him know Justin and Leah's plans. (Oh, and maybe stress to Dana what she is and isn't meant to mention...)

Remi's deception was never going to last, but he probably didn't expect it to come to an end that quickly.Still, I guess there was never going to be a good time to say "You know how I said I'd give up my bike for you? I lied."

I didn't catch what Cash said before but he repeated it  so caught it this time.   The dreaded dodgy kebab they have a lot to answer for don't they?   Stevie is no cook is she but took no offence of Cash turning his nose up. I'm guessing there was  a valid reason why they didn't use room service seeing as it wasn't the hotel's food that made Paul ill. She has agreed not to phone Cash every 20 seconds and Omar certainly looks like he can look after himself though best not to eat Stevie's food. 😄

Levi and Eden made up kind of and took my advice that it was best to avoid talking about dad.  Could be reading too much into it but I was wondering if talking about dad stirred up a lot of buried feelings for Eden which is why she was having a go at Cash about not answering his phone when he was at Stevie's?  

That was one very close call for Mac and Levi, Alf would have said something even if not directly, Levi blamed work again for his not going home  to Imogen and this impromptu going away, she doesn't like him doing work away from the city as it is and the bay is a only a shortish drive away isn't it?  I'm surprised she hasn't made a quick visit to see Eden or drop into to see Levi at ND's. 

I guess we tend to forget that although it may be the next day  for us viewing wise  it could still be the same day for them in the bay so  it can get confusing time wise.   Leah certainly did seem a lot better and relaxed and the date has been set a month from now or then in their time. 

Just had  a quick Google  and it's not that easy  to become a celebrant so John may have to have a rethink of what he wants to do to help Justin and Leah.   😄 Maz and Irene agreeing not to tell Leah & Justin about John's plan though knowing John as we do he will say Irene & Maz thought it was a good idea which was naught of the sort. 

Well that didn't take that long for someone to get their torch out and start sharpening their pitchfork did it?  A committee member too but Alf soon shut them down.  Not going to have more meetings are they about Alf's suitability as chairman are they? 

Grant did  OK  looked  like Remi actually.  From the  way Remi has been moving his injuries seemed mostly internal as we didn't see any broken limbs and it was good  to see for once a recovery that hasn't been rushed.   How long was it Mac had her op yet there she was surfing is that likely?  Mind you her ex doctor was at the beach so if she had had a faint he could have looked after her.

Justin nearly dropped Remi in it with that off the cuff remark about him getting back on the bike and Remi trying to convince Bree he was just using as a phrase like getting back in the saddle.   He doesn't want to drop Justin in it as he doesn't know  Remi's devious plan.   He was totally out of order expecting Eden to tell Justin not to say anything more to Bree, she's on her side after all, so advised Remi, strongly, to tell Bree the truth which he did which she didn't take well. 

2 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

I'm no pro chef but it's pretty hard to stuff up Pasta lol

Don’t cook pasta in oven pasta burns that’s my pro tip I cook mine in microwave