2024 Season - UK Episode Discussion

I was amazed by Alf & Roo’s reference to Martha Jnr, it seemed very out of place in modern day Home and Away as the past is largely forgotten. It made me wonder if Martha Jnr had abandoned the baby and was hoping Alf or Roo would find it, but leaving her at the house would’ve made more sense there.

Alf's episode count this week:Three. They obviously had to make room for him: Irene, Leah, Justin and Dana were the only other ones to make three and Marilyn didn't appear at all!

Well, the other characters are expressing concern about Tane, especially Mackenzie and Mali. He is coming across as a bit...obsessed? Along with talking with authority about parenthood in the way only a non-parent can.Rose is coming across as a lot more measured, worrying about both the baby and the parent.It was good to see everyone coming together to help her:Alf, Roo and John have become quite the unit! I did like that chat between Alf and Roo, but I'm glad Roo pointed out this isn't the same thing: She didn't abandon Martha and was frantic to find her when she went missing.

Valerie gets her first obligatory bikini scene! If she and Theo are trying to keep their relationship on the downlow, then kissing on the beach isn't exactly being discreet.I'm not sure how much of a point Kirby has, although I can't blame her for being concerned about what Theo's getting himself into.Valerie's defiance certainly crumbled when she saw Kirby with Rose and realised what exactly she could do if she doesn't play ball.

Aside from her concern for Tane...what exactly is Mackenzie on? I mean, I don't trust Levi and I'm not entirely convinced by his offer to leave Imogen for her, which did feel a bit like him telling her what he thought she wanted to hear. But...what exactly did she want to hear? She doesn't want him to be serious about his wife, but she doesn't want him to leave her either, but she whines about not getting to see him. Frankly it's hard to take her breaking things off seriously given her track record: This must be at least the third time she's said "That's it" and in the past she's been back in his arms pretty soon after.

I'll admit for selfish reasons I enjoyed the Tane/baby scenes! :wub:

Love the fact Valerie's all big talk when alone with Kirby but the minute she sees her with a cop shows herself to be the coward she truly is, Kirby is right to look out for Lyrik's rep, Theo can wreck his life if he wants but he has no need to drag everyone with him.

I thought that was rather an emotive not quite mention of Martha Jnr, without anything actually been said both Alf  and Roo were thinking the same thing, a father and daughter thing.  Why shouldn't it be mentioned, something like that would stir up memories like that no matter how long ago it was.  To be fair, it wasn't until I saw Roo looking all pensive I remembered it.  Martha Jr is in the States somewhere. 

Talking of BB, she does get named next week but I'm not a spoiler, it is normally the case that the person who finds a baby gets to name them, Tane is becoming far too attached to her, not wanting to leave her side.  He surely wouldn't be considered as an emergency foster carer would he, she'd need someone who has done this before and he has no experience of looking after such a young one.   He was good at feeding her her bottle though - 👶🍼😍.  I'm guessing any actors/actresses have to like babies/children to be able to act with them on screen, babies do know somehow, if the adults are wary or don't like them.  Not sure what the regulations are in force in Aus but in the UK they can  be very young,  a few weeks in fact, Would be tricky trying to present a month old baby as a new born, their screen time is of course very limited. 

Mac  got clued in and did I miss something or is Flick still unaware of her hubby having  a new girlfriend?   

Mac did text Levi then after we saw her delete that message, well I thought she had.  I'm confused. com as to what she is playing at and what she wants Levi to do or not do? Ok, she kind of accepts he's cheating on his wife but the fact they may be having a family is telling her to call  a halt.  Did she go to see him or had he popped back to the bay? 

To be fair to Valerie and Theo, they weren't to know  they being followed and it was dark. I'm not excusing Theo taking drugs but he is  an adult but Kirby did suss out where he got them from and was right about Leah & Justin how would feel about it, especially Leah.   It did seem he passed the interview exam OK.   It did give Valerie a scare when she saw Rose speaking to Kirby which we know was about BB but she wasn't to know that. 

Rose btw is doing  a great job despite Sarge asking how it was going without being directly involved, they nearly had  a lead but it came to nothing.  Generally, yes it is usually the mum, but it could be the dad.  Funnily enough it was a dad who abandoned his baby in Casualty wasn't it? 

• Like 1

I myself think Tane is having a breakdown over this baby he comes across a tad creepy too me if it is a breakdown then it’s quite good story for him 

Xander is quite the digbat by rejecting Dana  he cancelled months of storylines for himself 

Valerie she didn’t blow me away wearing a bikini Kirby looked better haha Maybe l just like Valerie’s legs 

Initially it came across as though Levi was genuine when he said he was prepared to leave his wife but when you factor in he said he didn't want Mackenzie texting him when he was with Imogen and didn't look too happy when they met up, it contradicts that.  I said previously that Levi was using Mackenzie for sex.  Perhaps that's harsh and he does like her but it did seem like he panicked and just tried to appease her.  I do agree that Mackenzie was annoying.  She obviously believed him when he told her but she then changed her mind so it feels like she engaged in an affair for nothing.

Whilst Kirby is clearly right about Theo being on drugs and Valerie is a bad influence, I'm loving how wound up she's getting seeing them together.  You could see it in her eyes when Theo went to speak to Kirby and Valerie had a word with her afterwards and Kirby warned Valerie about the drugs.

Tane is really getting on my nerves regarding the baby.  I don't even want to think of what he's going to say to the mother if they cross paths.  I'm glad other people such as Roo and Rose are more sympathetic, recognising that, the mother clearly has issues and probably needs help/support more than anything.

• Like 1